Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
People harp on junkrat but his damage is off the charts. Now with this buff he's going to be a real problem cause he'll keep escaping, jumping and flooding the battlefield with grenades.

Never understood why people didn't like junk. In the right maps he's very good.

Yeah, he's filthy on Anubis defence, especially point B. The flanking room to the right of the point is so dark, which makes it the perfect spot to lay his trap. I just make sure to put it in a few different places around the room after I've trapped a few.

Yeah, he's filthy on Anubis defence, especially point B. The flanking room to the right of the point is so dark, which makes it the perfect spot to lay his trap. I just make sure to put it in a few different places around the room after I've trapped a few.

Yea I love him on the Watchpoint Gibralter map on defense. There are so many tight tunnels the payload has to go through that his bombs really mess up almost anyone in that tunnel.

Junk is actually one of the most popular and played heroes in the game. I believe the last time Geoff posted QP stats he was a top 5 most played hero.

The reason people don't like Junk in general, is because just like Hog, a 'bad' Junk just feeds the enemy teams ults. Being able to actually secure kills should make Junk a more viable pick all around.

Junk is actually one of the most popular and played heroes in the game. I believe the last time Geoff posted QP stats he was a top 5 most played hero.

The reason people don't like Junk in general, is because just like Hog, a 'bad' Junk just feeds the enemy teams ults. Being able to actually secure kills should make Junk a more viable pick all around.

Honestly I didn't know people had an issue with Junk till I got on here and saw people saying it how others didn't like Junk. I've always thought he was great and in general people tend to do well with him cause he's pretty easy to learn (harder to master). In fact just over this weekend I had such a shitty team but the Junk was basically carrying everyone.

Had some weird lag that made the game feel slow, but had somewhere over 50,0000 healing with Lucio in one match on Dorado in Total Mayhem, first day of playing in over a month. Felt good.
PTR Junkrat in Total Mayhem will be crazy. He's nuts enough as is in the game mode.

Never was one to play Junkrat spamming from range (only occasionally would do that on the point in the Ilios lighthouse map, but haven't done that since last summer-2016), I think those are the ones that gave him a bad name. I play him pretty aggressively. Kind of like how Hanzo gets a bad rep from arrow spammers when snipers in general are meant to have some semblance of per shot accuracy. I mean that is a viable way to play as him, but I (often unfortunately, especially playing at only 60 fps and not on a 1-5ms lag monitor) try to aim with him.

Blizzard needs to change how SR is rewarded. I'm so fuckin' sick of one tricks, which are just becoming more common because you can gain SR faster by playing a hero that isn't played very much.

Half the enemy team counters the one hero you're capable of playing? Well better just stick with it.

Last edited:
Blizzard needs to change how SR is rewarded. I'm so fuckin' sick of one tricks, which are just becoming more common because you can gain SR faster by playing a hero that isn't played very much.

Half the enemy team counters the one hero you're capable of playing? Well better just stick with it.

I think the ideal choice would be to just have a flat SR gain/loss per victory/defeat. Make it 20 or 25, but whatever it is, have that be the only quantity you can gain or lose. No more extra drop from loss streaks, no more inflation from win streaks, no more niche-pick boost, no more wacky SR calculations. Either you win or lose and here's the flat amount.

They reduced the damage of each one 25%, so it's not as bad as it sounds.

That's a start. It should be 50%. He doesn't need to put out any more damage, especially since an increase in mobility is what they were aiming for.

Comp is a mess right now. You get less SR for flexing as well. They need to fix that shit asap.

What do you mean "Flexing" what is that?

Switching roles throughout the match. For example say you play 2 rounds of dps and 2 as a tank or healer. You're overall stats will be below average because of that so you get rewarded less SR, which is fucking stupid because in order to do what's best for your team you need to be able to make adjustments sometimes. It's also why a lot of players have become molded into one tricks or refuse to switch off dps or heals.

Switching roles throughout the match. For example say you play 2 rounds of dps and 2 as a tank or healer. You're overall stats will be below average because of that so you get rewarded less SR, which is fucking stupid because in order to do what's best for your team you need to be able to make adjustments sometimes. It's also why a lot of players have become molded into one tricks or refuse to switch off dps or heals.

Wow that is stupid. I had no idea it worked like that. I thought being able to switch roles and counter the enemy was one of the most important aspects of this game.

Looks like im back to being a complete ass in quickplay, constantly doing the laugh emote after I wreck someone in a 1v1 encounter.

i'm getting garbage for loot boxes this event. gotten nihon genji, but that's it.

and no capture the flag in arcade is killing me.

So Blizzard decides that Roadhogs ability to one-shot people, who are out of position, every 8 seconds is too much and then releases a character that can one shot every 4 seconds.

In hindsight it really seems like the Roadhog nerfs were to make it easier to play Doomfist. He has to take himself way out of position to use his most effective ability and Roadhog would have punished that severely. FeelsBad.

So far i got the Junk and the Sombra skins.
Want that Grillmaster so bad.

So i just bought 2 boxes, guess what was in the 2nd one.
Grill mothafucking master.

So far i got the Junk and the Sombra skins.
Want that Grillmaster so bad.

Very fun skin, a Teammate had it, what makes it even better is he has unique vl's, when he puts down his biotic field he says 'everyone drink up' or 'anyone want some cool refreshments'. I literally lol'd.

Very fun skin, a Teammate had it, what makes it even better is he has unique vl's, when he puts down his biotic field he says 'everyone drink up' or 'anyone want some cool refreshments'. I literally lol'd.
i did too, had a game with it already.
so unique, no more boxes for me i got what i wanted lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back