Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got probably 10 loot boxes yesterday and only got the Ana skin, and I bought Ana's Halloween skin from last year too, because I wasn't missing out on that again.

How does Reaper even look like Dracula? Zen's skin is the only good one

Besides Sym I’m not too excited for the other skins.

Edit: also Zen

must have skins for me are torb, zen, and ana.

the zarya skin is awesome too.

That Zarya skin is amazing. It's easily her best skin.. not that that's saying much, she has terrible skins.
yeah i made sure to grab her summer games skins

That Zarya skin is amazing. It's easily her best skin.. not that that's saying much, she has terrible skins.

I've been using her white Summer Games skin since the initial SG event as her other skins are dull and I abhor the goth/whatever skins as they look like shit. The 80s skin is a must.

Just got the Zen skin, now for said Zarya skin and Torb. Wouldn't complain about any of the other new skins either, I just don't really play those characters much.

Shit, I really don't play Zarya much either. <Fedor23>

I think for most people, doing damage is really the only fun part of shooters. That's why people think mercy would be more fun if she was more like Zen, and people think D.va will be more fun when she does more damage. It's why the QP meta is always 6 DPS heroes. People want to click heads and send nerds back to spawn. When you strip away the carrots-on-sticks like SR and lootboxes, that's all they want to do. If you accept that premise, you then logically must admit that the entire concept of Overwatch the video game is inherently flawed because teams need 4/6 players on heroes that don't do damage as their primary function. Most people (not all, but most of them) fucking hate playing 66% of the roles in the game, and only do it because they accept that those roles are necessary to win the match. For me picking D.va over a 3rd DPS is like choosing to leave my keyboard and go do the dishes in return for gaining SR. Yeah my team will probably win if i pick d.va, but then i'd have to play d.va. DansGame. I'd rather lose on a damage hero than win on a tank or healer. I mean what's even the value of SR when you played a hero that doesn't click heads to earn it? It certainly isn't a reflection of your skill at clicking heads, cause that's not what you did to climb ladder! Being a god on DPS has value in its own right, but who cares about being a good tank? You...create space...for your DPS...so they can click heads. Oh...fun. What about healer? You...stand behind the tanks...and heal them...so they can create space for the DPS...to click heads. What if the DPS don't click heads? you lose, bye bye, cya. This game is super fun when you're on Tracer one clipping the enemy's healers or on Soldier mowing everything down in the front line, but playing tank or heal just blows. It's absolutely awful. That's the core of every issue that people have with this game. Not the nitpicky stuff like "oh x hero isn't a viable pick" or "oh we need a better reporting system." None of that shit is gonna make tanking or healing fun. I mean what are you gonna do with a better reporting system anyway, ban everyone who only likes to play DPS? there'd be no playerbase!
This mentality is what's going to kill this game. If I were to take a guess a lot of these people came from straight shooter backgrounds(CoD, Battlefield, CS) and were terrible at them because they didn't have immobile tanks to target or squishy healers to target.

So the two skins I wanted to come out of the Halloween event with were the Symmetra and Torb skins. On my 12th box, got Sym, on my 13th got Torbs. I've never had this kind of luck before.

This mentality is what's going to kill this game. If I were to take a guess a lot of these people came from straight shooter backgrounds(CoD, Battlefield, CS) and were terrible at them because they didn't have immobile tanks to target or squishy healers to target.

I really don't get that logic, tbh. I love the game and my most played heroes are Zarya, Lucio, Zen, and Winston. It does seem that a large part of the community feels that way given the DPS instalock that happens so much

edit: by that, I mean I don't get the logic of the post that you quoted, though it seems to be true.

Last edited:
I really don't get that logic, tbh. I love the game and my most played heroes are Zarya, Lucio, Zen, and Winston. It does seem that a large part of the community feels that way given the DPS instalock that happens so much

edit: by that, I mean I don't get the logic of the post that you quoted, though it seems to be true.
I don't understand it either, but it's definitely a prominent mentality. Like if you just wanna frag out go play CS:GO or Call of Duty, shit they could even go play Destiny 2 on PC when it drops in a couple weeks. Funnily enough I ran into some known Overwatch 'fraggers' when I was playing the D2 beta on PC and they were pretty bad without tanks and squishy supports to feed off.

Tip toed back into comp and things were going well (winning/losing but people actually playing the game), and then WHAMMO! there's the trainwreck that is comp.

Had a guy "trying out characters" he hadn't played before, people openly admitting to throwing because they don't like what so and so is doing, and just all around shitty players.

Arcade mode is severely limited with the Halloween event hogging up two slots, and the event itself is only really fun maybe 2-3 times.

Arcade mode is severely limited with the Halloween event hogging up two slots, and the event itself is only really fun maybe 2-3 times.
i really miss capture the flag. i know it wasn't that popular, but i loved it and it's been off of arcade for ages.

people openly admitting to throwing because they don't like what so and so is doing, and just all around shitty players.
What do you say to people like this?

This guy was throwing from R1 in 3vs3 arcade for no reason. As soon as the game starts he would exit the spawn room and jump off the cliff. Me and the other guy somehow carried and made it to 2-2 and ended up losing the last game cause this fool took D.VA and charged off the cliff,

Look what the Winston does in this clip below at the very start ,

Got Junkrat, Ana, Mei skins, but I really just want McCree and Zen. Okay, Mei is kind of adorable.

Got Mccree and Mei's so far.

I wanted Mccree, Symmetra, Zen's, and Reaper's old Halloween skin.

I will buy everything i need but haven't gotten yet on October 31st.i won't makes the same mistake i made during the anniversary which is buying a legendary skin for 3k early on and then getting it in a normal lootbox.

TWICE! I got the one i bought twice afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back