Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep on losing, from 1430 i went to 1140, done with comp for now.

What do you say to people like this?

This guy was throwing from R1 in 3vs3 arcade for no reason. As soon as the game starts he would exit the spawn room and jump off the cliff. Me and the other guy somehow carried and made it to 2-2 and ended up losing the last game cause this fool took D.VA and charged off the cliff,

Look what the Winston does in this clip below at the very start ,

Unfortunately you can't really say anything.. These people are acting this way for attention. I wouldn't say a word and just report them and hope it actually does something.

"We need a Mercy!" - the three instalock dps players.
"Hey, can you play Mercy?" - Hanzo main.
"Mercy, Rez me!" - the entire team after they just watched a Tracer push into the back line and kill both supports, while they provided no peel for said supports.
"Mercy, why didn't you heal me?" - The attack Symmetra that is actually a Reinhardt main that for some reason won't play Reinhardt despite the fact that the team currently has no main tank.
"Zen, can you switch to Mercy?" - the Genji stupidly dashing into a full team that is still at full health
"That would have been easier if we had a Mercy" - the stupid team that doesn't realize the Zen has gold elims and silver damage, despite the team having three dps players.

Welcome to season 6 of Overwatch. Hope you didn't want to have fun if you play support.

Last edited:
"Mercy, Rez me!" - the entire team after they just watched a Tracer push into the back line and kill both supports, while they provided no peel for said supports.
"Mercy, why didn't you heal me?" - The attack Symmetra that is actually a Reinhardt main that for some reason won't play Reinhardt despite the fact that the team currently has no main tank.
"Zen, can you switch to Mercy?" - the Genji stupidly dashing into a full team that is still at full health
"That would have been easier if we had a Mercy" - the stupid team that doesn't realize the Zen has gold elims and silver damage, despite the team having three dps players.

Welcome to season 6 of Overwatch. Hope you didn't want to have fun if you play support.
totally

I have been saying it since the beginning. Mercy is broken. She does too much heals and is only one of two toons whose primary function is not shooting...in a first person shooter.

She's so broken that people lose their shit before the game even starts if they don't have one. If a character becomes so mandatory that the vast majority of teams will instantly tilt if they don't have one, then that's the definition of broken.

I play whatever I want in comp now and don't even care about my score. For this exact reason. You know how many times I asked someone to go healer? Almost never unless I'm the only tank then I'm pretty much forced to ask someone. Even then sometimes I've just said fuck the tank and go healer cause I feel thats more important.

The funny thing is my rank is so low that now even people say it. Someone will be like "Go healer" and now almost all the time someone says "You go healer!".

I have been saying it since the beginning. Mercy is broken. She does too much heals and is only one of two toons whose primary function is not shooting...in a first person shooter.

She's so broken that people lose their shit before the game even starts if they don't have one. If a character becomes so mandatory that the vast majority of teams will instantly tilt if they don't have one, then that's the definition of broken.

Yep agreed. Which is why I've given up this season.

Yep agreed. Which is why I've given up this season.
Unless someone really enjoys playing mercy, and God bless those people, one person will be stuck playing someone they really don't enjoy just to save their team from descending into toxic chaos.

This is a game for fun, I don't want to be stuck with playing one character because she's so poorly designed that without her everyone mentally breaksdown before the game even starts.

I play whatever I want in comp now and don't even care about my score. For this exact reason. You know how many times I asked someone to go healer? Almost never unless I'm the only tank then I'm pretty much forced to ask someone. Even then sometimes I've just said fuck the tank and go healer cause I feel thats more important.

The funny thing is my rank is so low that now even people say it. Someone will be like "Go healer" and now almost all the time someone says "You go healer!".
I never ask people to specifically change from x to y. How fucking rude of me to tell someone else what to pick unless I am letting them pick my character.

Maybe 2-5 times in my life I have gotten on the mic and said, "no healer? I will switch to whatever we need if someone doesn't mind switching to what I was. ". But even then, usually just asking will tilt people.

Either people are open to switching and will do so on their own, or they are die hard instalocks that asking is a waste of breath anyways.

Maybe 2-5 times in my life I have gotten on the mic and said, "no healer? I will switch to whatever we need if someone doesn't mind switching to what I was. ". But even then, usually just asking will tilt people.

I like when people say this. In fact I've even made a deal where I tell those people specifically I'll go 1 round healer and the next round you go healer. That way we both get to enjoy another character without having to destroy the team comp.

Hmm, 'new' new Mercy is live with today update. We'll see if it's enough to stop her from being the must pick monster she has become.

Last edited:
I've given up on comp. The game is too damn cancerous.

Now I'm just whomping fools with Hog in Quick Play and having more fun.

SO... Last year at Blizzcon, Sombra was released as a new playable hero. Blizzcon falls along the usual timetable that the Overwatch team uses to release heroes. It was also already confirmed that there is going to be an onstage reveal for Overwatch that involves the open of a giant lootbox they're going to bring out onto the stage. Do you think it'll be the new hero? If it is, here are some options for who I think it may be:

Hammond: Haven't heard this name in awhile, since Horizon Lunar Colony release.

Athena: We've already seen character renders. The idea of her seems fitting for a new support hero.

Junker Queen: Blizzard has used ingame posters for plenty of other characters as Easter eggs before. The Queen is basically the only non playable NPC who has an (almost) full character render and voice set.

Maximillion: One of talon's leaders, an evil omnic with a black/red colorset. Talon doesn't have a support character. It would make sense to implement one. I think he can have a "vampiric" sort of toolkit that allows him to siphon health / ammo / etc from enemy plays and distribute it back to his team.

Random Hero Mentioned But No Info: There's always a chance at some random hero that we have no info about and may have only heard in passing. Some of the names we've seen thrown out with no context in terms of Overwatch lore are Liao, Bria, Ivon, and Hakim. Orisa was one hero that got released that no one saw coming because there was never any mention of her.

What do you guys think?

SO... Last year at Blizzcon, Sombra was released as a new playable hero. Blizzcon falls along the usual timetable that the Overwatch team uses to release heroes. It was also already confirmed that there is going to be an onstage reveal for Overwatch that involves the open of a giant lootbox they're going to bring out onto the stage. Do you think it'll be the new hero? If it is, here are some options for who I think it may be:

Hammond: Haven't heard this name in awhile, since Horizon Lunar Colony release.

Athena: We've already seen character renders. The idea of her seems fitting for a new support hero.

Junker Queen: Blizzard has used ingame posters for plenty of other characters as Easter eggs before. The Queen is basically the only non playable NPC who has an (almost) full character render and voice set.

Maximillion: One of talon's leaders, an evil omnic with a black/red colorset. Talon doesn't have a support character. It would make sense to implement one. I think he can have a "vampiric" sort of toolkit that allows him to siphon health / ammo / etc from enemy plays and distribute it back to his team.

Random Hero Mentioned But No Info: There's always a chance at some random hero that we have no info about and may have only heard in passing. Some of the names we've seen thrown out with no context in terms of Overwatch lore are Liao, Bria, Ivon, and Hakim. Orisa was one hero that got released that no one saw coming because there was never any mention of her.

What do you guys think?
I don't know, but we need a strong main healer or they need to remove Mercy from the game. Despite todays Mercy 'nerf' she's still strong enough to warrant being a must a pick. It's getting to the point where I might just instalock main tank so that I don't have to hear 'can you play Mercy?'

I don't know, but we need a strong main healer or they need to remove Mercy from the game. Despite todays Mercy 'nerf' she's still strong enough to warrant being a must a pick. It's getting to the point where I might just instalock main tank so that I don't have to hear 'can you play Mercy?'
Yeah Mercy needed a nerf for sure. Way too strong. There just aren't enough support options available. I wouldn't even be mad if they went back to back support 2 heroes in a row.

Yeah Mercy needed a nerf for sure. Way too strong. There just aren't enough support options available. I wouldn't even be mad if they went back to back support 2 heroes in a row.
Todays 'nerf' did very little. She's still an absolute must pick. T

I've given up on comp. The game is too damn cancerous.

Now I'm just whomping fools with Hog in Quick Play and having more fun.
i hear ya, i keep on losing, can't even get my ass to silver this season.
total disappointment.

The Junkrat and Mercy changes are so fucking stupid. Jesus Christ. Here's a character that can dish out a ton of damage that requires zero fucking skill to do so, better buff him to the point where he is in every game. You guy don't like Mercy being able to negate an entire team fight by pressing Q? Okay, we'll make it so she can negate an entire team fight by pressing E, and then Q, and then E again. Also, she'll be damn near unhittable after pressing Q, so good luck. A resurrect ability has no place in a fps game.
Who hurt you

Jeff Kaplan obviously. Point of the post still stands, the changes they made to those characters made comp even shittier than it already was.
personally, I like the Mercy changes. they should probably nerf some of her healing abilities though if there going to give her so much leniency with the rez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back