Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a few rounds with some of my pal's high wizard buddies or whatever the fuck they were today. I'd heard about Overwatch being full of angry assholes but I'd never met any until I played with those guys. Kind of surprised because I would have thought the higher ranked players would be more relaxed, especially on quick play, but I guess not. If that's how they all behave I think I'll stick in gold
People that get tilted in Arcade or Quick Play are hilarious. I had some dude scream at me during Mystery Heroes because I was wandering off alone as Reinhardt.

People that get tilted in Arcade or Quick Play are hilarious. I had some dude scream at me during Mystery Heroes because I was wandering off alone as Reinhardt.

This is the one thing I do hate about Overwatch. If you want any seriously gameplay you pretty much have to do comp. It's hard to get really good with a character and know they will work in comp because the other modes have people coming in and out and overall just messing around.

This is the one thing I do hate about Overwatch. If you want any seriously gameplay you pretty much have to do comp. It's hard to get really good with a character and know they will work in comp because the other modes have people coming in and out and overall just messing around.
See, I used to think the same way you do, but now I think you go to arcadde or quick play to learn the absolute basics of character, like what their abilities do and if they're projectile characters how long it takes to travel to the enemy. I think to truly learn how to play a character you have to do it in competitive.

Even if it means taking some losses.

See, I used to think the same way you do, but now I think you go to arcadde or quick play to learn the absolute basics of character, like what their abilities do and if they're projectile characters how long it takes to travel to the enemy. I think to truly learn how to play a character you have to do it in competitive.

Even if it means taking some losses.

Yea I know which is what I hate. I wish they would implement a QP mode that penalizes you if you leave it but doesn't count as Comp. I guarantee people would use it. At they very least it should be given a trial run to see how people like it.

Impossible to play junkrat comp without getting switch messages, no matter how well you play. Sucks because I like him

Zarya mains like you to play him too.

Zarya mains like you to play him too.
Yea, But i switched to Junkrat during Liljang tower because we were losing badly anyways - Started dominating because they had no Zarya and I'm just good with him on that map // we won the side. And someone still PMs me "Switch or we will lose". I played him until the other team got a Zarya, I think he is fine if they don't have one and you are finishing your kills - Playing on a map with a tight choke or small control area.

played some comp for the first time since i started my new job.

Got 4 gold medals with Lucio!! Total and object kills, healing and time. I even out healed our Mercy.

I got 52 kills including 11 boops.

By the end of the game the whole team was trying to come after me but they can't stop the beat.

Blizzard needs to change the way they balance. D'va is absurd right now. 'Hey, I'm just gonna hold down right click and you can't do anything unless your 4 specific characters'. Nearly every character they've buffed in recent memory has been a low skill-ceiling character.

Last edited:
Wow just wow, i took roadhog and ended up 1v1s against a Mei. Such a joke. He used to be able to hold his own against her. Now Lol i was running ffs after getting frozen and she throws a wall behind to prevent ME from escaping and kills me. What happened to the Roadhog that i could go Hogwild with? -.-

He needs to be brought up to what he was again.

played some comp for the first time since i started my new job.

Got 4 gold medals with Lucio!! Total and object kills, healing and time. I even out healed our Mercy.

I got 52 kills including 11 boops.

By the end of the game the whole team was trying to come after me but they can't stop the beat.

You been practicin?

I jumped on console to play comp with a friend for the first time in a while and in the first game we run into someone running a keyboard and mouse. It's laughable.

My teammates were all going crazy like this Genji was a god and then when he finally managed to kill me it was so easy to tell he was running kb+m. The guy was a Mercy main that never climbed out gold but was all of a sudden a master tier Genji.

People that instalock hitscan but can't kill a Pharah are the bane of my existence in this game. It's not that fuckin' hard.

Edit: Rofl, I just had a Mercy that refused to rez unless it might get potg. Fuck me.

Last edited:
This new report system is bullshit, I could potentially get banned for instalocking Hanzo...Fucking bullshit.

Wow just wow, i took roadhog and ended up 1v1s against a Mei. Such a joke. He used to be able to hold his own against her. Now Lol i was running ffs after getting frozen and she throws a wall behind to prevent ME from escaping and kills me. What happened to the Roadhog that i could go Hogwild with? -.-

He needs to be brought up to what he was again.

You been practicin?
Blizz is throwing around ideas for a new hog buff. In this video, Jeff claims they're testing out this buff with Hog; 50% reduced damage while using his heal and giving him 100% movement speed while healing so he isn't stationary anymore. If this ends up working out, that's a huge fuckin' buff. Would make him damn near unkillable in alot of situations. Here's the link:

Blizz is throwing around ideas for a new hog buff. In this video, Jeff claims they're testing out this buff with Hog; 50% reduced damage while using his heal and giving him 100% movement speed while healing so he isn't stationary anymore. If this ends up working out, that's a huge fuckin' buff. Would make him damn near unkillable in alot of situations. Here's the link:

What the hell? Being able to run around during take a breather is in itself ridiculous. 50 percent damage reduction as well? Damn.

What the hell? Being able to run around during take a breather is in itself ridiculous. 50 percent damage reduction as well? Damn.
Definitely makes him more tank like, but it seems Blizzard may be over correcting. Still has to make it thru the PTR but if this goes through, Hog almost can't die, ever. Lmao.

Looks like Junkrat buffs also incoming. Blizz is looking like giving Junkrat TWO concussion mine charges. That'll make him much more powerful and give him a few more interesting combos. Also, they wanna tweak Riptire to make it faster and/or give it more health so its harder for the enemy team to destroy it. Happy that they're looking to improve Junkrat. He's basically never been Meta but is consistently fun to play regardless. These changes should make him much better.

Blizzard needs to change the way they balance. D'va is absurd right now. 'Hey, I'm just gonna hold down right click and you can't do anything unless your 4 specific characters'. Nearly every character they've buffed in recent memory has been a low skill-ceiling character.
If they nerfed defense matrix they would need to buff her by giving her back her armor or something - right now defense matrix is the only reason to choose dvA rather than winston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back