Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she is fine other than she gets her ultimate super quick. That's the only thing I would nerf.

I am also starting to pick up Anna. She is probably the hardest to play consistent with.

If I play as Mo Mo and we have a Mercy on top of that, we almost always win. It's the nothing ever dies meta.
At that point 4 potatoes can clean house with that setup.
Not really, you just focus the Mercy because Moiras never heal Mercy.

Also, you don't actually think she is balanced when you can easily get gold elims, gold damage, and gold healing with a support, right?

Last edited:
Not really, you just focus the Mercy because Moiras never heal Mercy.

Also, you don't actually think she is balanced when you can easily get gold elims, gold damage, and gold healing with a support, right?
Haha, she is powerful and I would probably hate to see her nerfed, but I would be ok with a decrease in damage from the right click if it was replaced by increasing the amount of heals it replenishes.

But at the same time, I get all the gold medals with Lucio and Zen way too often as well. Not something exclusive to Mo

Haha, she is powerful and I would probably hate to see her nerfed, but I would be ok with a decrease in damage from the right click if it was replaced by increasing the amount of heals it replenishes.

But at the same time, I get all the gold medals with Lucio and Zen way too often as well. Not something exclusive to Mo

Lucio and Zen at least take some skill and awareness to be good with, Moria is just hold right click and throw out some bouncing balls that can go across the map. Plus the shadow ability gets you out of danger easy enough something that they dont have.

Lucio and Zen at least take some skill and awareness to be good with, Moria is just hold right click and throw out some bouncing balls that can go across the map. Plus the shadow ability gets you out of danger easy enough something that they dont have.
I guess, the same sentiment could apply to a lot of heros.
Hero A can do a lot more damage and more easily than hero B, that doesn't mean Hero A should necessarily be nerfed.

If Mo is so overpowered than she would be selected all the time by the pros, and she's not.

I guess, the same sentiment could apply to a lot of heros.
Hero A can do a lot more damage and more easily than hero B, that doesn't mean Hero A should necessarily be nerfed.

If Mo is so overpowered than she would be selected all the time by the pros, and she's not.
The pros are coordinated enough to kill a Moira through her self sustain, it's not like ranked where you dive a Moira, but then your Tracer sees a Soldier weak 12 miles away and heads towards him.

Besides, you have no defensive ult for a Dragonblade or Tac Visor if you run Mercy/Moira, and Mercy is the must pick.

I can see easily why some would consider her op, there is more than a valid argument for that...

but she's not dominating competitive and she is certainly not a must pick as of now.
And I don't feel like going against the average Mo is all that hard.

The pros are coordinated enough to kill a Moira through her self sustain, it's not like ranked where you dive a Moira, but then your Tracer sees a Soldier weak 12 miles away and heads towards him.

Besides, you have no defensive ult for a Dragonblade or Tac Visor if you run Mercy/Moira, and Mercy is the must pick.
All very true, but ain't no one hitting an ulting genji with a sleep dart in plat. That happens so very rarely.

I think she is fine other than she gets her ultimate super quick. That's the only thing I would nerf.

I am also starting to pick up Anna. She is probably the hardest to play consistent with.

If I play as Mo Mo and we have a Mercy on top of that, we almost always win. It's the nothing ever dies meta.
At that point 4 potatoes can clean house with that setup.

She hits way to hard she needs a nerf.

I can see easily why some would consider her op, there is more than a valid argument for that...

but she's not dominating competitive and she is certainly not a must pick as of now.
And I don't feel like going against the average Mo is all that hard.

High end comp play and pro is way different than how the majority of people play, its like watching a different game.

Moira’s fine tbh. The last thing we need is another support class to be gutted. DPSwatch is bad enough right now as it is.

High end comp play and pro is way different than how the majority of people play, its like watching a different game.
Yes this is true, but throughout the ranks she isn't dominating in any sense like bastion was that one season or dva two seasons ago.

If the enemy team has her it doesn't phase me anymore than a Lucio, Anna or zen.

But she does put up crazy stats, and I think there might be a point there too.

Moira’s fine tbh. The last thing we need is another support class to be gutted. DPSwatch is bad enough right now as it is.
I agree, and she is a great addition to the healing pool. Lots of good healing combos if you pick any two healers.

I also like that she isn't a babysitting character like rein and mercy. Where your job is more babysitting than anything else. Where the challenge revolves around managing your team's stupidity rather than defeating your opponent.

She has the lowest output damage of anyone, but I could live with a damage nerf if we could fill up her heals faster.

Even if the range on her right click was shorter I could live with that, its about twice the range of Symmetras beam and arguably better since it heals you.

She has the lowest output damage of anyone, but I could live with a damage nerf if we could fill up her heals faster.

It's not just the damage though, the range, the healing while damaging. It's to much. I just avoid her as junk most of the time it's not worth it. I'll attack from a distance but if I see her coming I just get away. I can beat trash Moira's easily but if they know what they are doing they wreck me quickly.

It's not just the damage though, the range, the healing while damaging. It's to much. I just avoid her as junk most of the time it's not worth it. I'll attack from a distance but if I see her coming I just get away. I can beat trash Moira's easily but if they know what they are doing they wreck me quickly.
If she didn't have the range it would be near impossible to refill the heals so that would need some tweaking to compensate.

Plus killing pharas with mo is so much fun.

Moira's fine. You can dumpster plats with her, but the higher you climb, the more diminished the returns. I was 1v1'ing Genjis, Tracers and Pharahs for a while there, but that shit's over now. I can often deter and chase them off, but I usually end up having to fade to the middle of my team. The issue is not "moira is op", but rather "the opponent is lacking". If she was OP, we'd see more of her at higher levels of play; and I'm not just talking pro level. I watch a few GM/Top500 streamers and Moira's viability at those levels is questionable at best. If you're running triple or quad tank, yeah, she's a goddamn goddess. But outside of that, it ain't easy to maximize her value and are often better off on something else.

Feels like flying a kite
Oh shit that's hilarious.
It does feel that way.
Its so funny when The pharas know they're fucked. Panic sets in and they're like ..."is this really happening, am I getting hard countered by a healer?"

Yes.. it's as real as tits on a whore.

I think her orbs should disappear after 3 bounces, or something like that. I play a lot of Ana, and it's a complete nightmare against Moira, because of those god damn bouncing damage orbs that travel across the entire map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back