OVERWATCH, v5: The Wicked Witch is Dead

It's like no matter how well you play, this game will force you to lose.

Just watched some videos on the reworked Symmetra. Looks interesting. The flying sentries are crazy and her Ult is a giant wall. Looks like Winston will still be a hard counter to her though

Bwahaha, eviscerated an entire team of highly mobile enemies using...

Reinhardt.

First shoulder butted the Hanzo off the ledge and killed the widow.

Then fire stormed the Tracer, although that kill isn't in the vid,

I've been one win from getting out of gold twice now, in solo deathmatch, only to then go on a 150-200 SR losing streak.

Next time I play, I'll start smoking asses again only to then not be able to hit the broadside of a barn or have my ults do little to no damage. It's like your target boxes shrink as you gain SR as you play in one sitting.

I am downright pissed right now. This game can be so frustrating.

**edit: correction, I'm still doing abysmal in deathmatch and in freefall... But hey, won a few games of competitive now.

Last edited:
I just can't find a competent team. I'd say that maybe I'm the issue but I'm almost always getting 2-3 golds and when I find a decent squad and stick with them I can light it up with Dva.

The matchmaking sucks.

Just watched some videos on the reworked Symmetra. Looks interesting. The flying sentries are crazy and her Ult is a giant wall. Looks like Winston will still be a hard counter to her though
Imo they're making the game fresh by taking older characters like Hanzo and Symmetra and giving them completely new abilities. These really aren't what they used to be at all. Look at hanzo.

How's the new symmetra? Been playing God of War and watching OWL lately so haven't gotten back into comp for almost 2 months

How's the new symmetra? Been playing God of War and watching OWL lately so haven't gotten back into comp for almost 2 months
Bwahaha! Most hate her, the old Symmetra's think they have lost all the skill they had with her since its a new hero altogether

Taken from a poster on blizzard forums,

"
She’s a completely different hero. If people hated her that much, you could’ve just deleted her and made her rework another hero entirely.

No, I don’t think that it’s fair to say that she was bad and needed changes. Obviously she was in a very bad spot for some people, but for the players who dedicated a lot of time into making Symmetra good are pretty much given the middle finger with this rework. You basically deleted her, and implemented a new hero that is identical in terms of physicality. I don’t know who this imposter is, but it’s not the Symmetra that I fell in love with when I picked up the game back in 2016.

The 2.0 update was a great improvement, because it didn’t go against her niche. Now the niche that I loved is gone, and she’s just this… Zarya rip-off with a Reaper Shadowstep for everyone to use. The only good thing to come out of this rework were the turret changes, that alone would’ve made Symmetra so much better than she was.

What does it matter anyway? I’m just one person. Nevermind that I spent 2,000+ hours learning this hero from top to bottom. If people cared that much about Symmetra not being viable, then they would’ve picked her up when the game launched. I don’t think it’s fair to trust people who have no experience with Symmetra to make any sort of judgment call to change the hero’s kit.

OWL is killing this game. First Mercy, then Symmetra. Who’s next?"

Fyi just in case anyone didn't know, there's a double xp weekend going on.

I've been raking in the levels and lootboxes.

lol from what I have seen she went from being a very low skill hero to very high skill. The ability to manage her teleports will be incredible to see at the highest level. imagine what you can do with them. I don't know how I feel about the turrets being able to block things like dead eye though.

Well she had a bug that if you spammed m1 you could get her upwards of 700 damage per second. So that was balanced..

Also, if they don't give her new teleport a reasonable cool down she's going to be broken as fuck.

Pretty much getting POTG every time I pick Reinhardt, these are just in the last 2 days,

Lol @ sym mains complaining that they might have to learn a second hero in a game based on switching and countering.

"What would you do if your main with 1 zillion hours got changed?"
I would play one of the dozen or so other characters I enjoy.

Also, if they don't give her new teleport a reasonable cool down she's going to be broken as fuck.
Oh you know they're going to take forever to address that.

Wait until the torb rework comes, I can only imagine the broken play coming our way

I've been having a blast with Mcree lately. His mid-range game is so useful against hardnosed Junks

Brigette is such a awfully designed character. Like what in the fuck was Blizzard thinking?

Whether or not you're going to lose a game is directly related to whether you have a Widow on your team or not.

Brigette is such a awfully designed character. Like what in the fuck was Blizzard thinking?
I dunno, it's killing all my joy. I love Mystery Heroes but if a competent Brigitte gets her it's over, straight up. Her mace swinging advance is just too hard to stop, the whole team basically has to collapse on her.

Back