OVERWATCH, v5: The Wicked Witch is Dead

Actually it doesn't and Blizz knows about it and is trying to work on it. But do tell me more.
Core 2 quad gtx1030 72fps low setting 1080p

You can’t get much more potato than that unless you’re using integrated graphics.
Are you using an AMD cpu?

Winston is a great dive tank, but he's very situational. He counters snipers really well. In general, you're right. His leap ability has a fairly short cooldown, so you can jump into a group of characters and put damage on healers and jump back out. Use his shield strategically and move in and out of it when enemies chase, until you can leap again back behind your main tank.

Ya that's how I've been using him, I have done very well against Hanzo's because I can get back behind everyone and kill him then get out. It gives me great satisfaction killing him because he does way to much damage lol he murders me in every game with anyone I use besides Winston.

Also is it just me, or does every robot type hero seem a little OP? Bastion, Orisa and D'va are all incredibly hard to beat 1 on 1 and in team fights they just shred the opposing teams. I can't stand playing those 3 lol

Ya that's how I've been using him, I have done very well against Hanzo's because I can get back behind everyone and kill him then get out. It gives me great satisfaction killing him because he does way to much damage lol he murders me in every game with anyone I use besides Winston.

Also is it just me, or does every robot type hero seem a little OP? Bastion, Orisa and D'va are all incredibly hard to beat 1 on 1 and in team fights they just shred the opposing teams. I can't stand playing those 3 lol

Bastion and Orisa are both super easy to beat if you can get close to them. Unless they're high level mechanical players (able to adjust aim perfectly and quickly), you can use movement (strafing, jumping) to move in front and behind them. Since they're low mobility, you can damage them while moving and they'll have a hard time hitting you. For Orisa, the key is getting inside her shield and maximizing your damage on a large target. She's got a big head, so if your aim is even just alright, you should be getting headshots easily.

For DVa, the key is keeping yourself at midrange. DVa only does a lot of damage up close, when her guns don't suffer the ridiculous spread and her rockets all land. From midrange, she does very little damage and dodging her rockets are easy. If she dives on you with her thrust ability, literally just run in the opposite direction of her dive to maintain mid-range. Whenever I play DPS against a DVa, my callouts half the game are "DVa out of mech" and "Baby DVa dead".

Also note that I'm not a great player. So I don't know how 1v1 strategies change at higher levels.

Thanks for the tip, I need to work on my wall running with him for sure. I'm having a ton of fun using Winston, people told me he was a weak tank but I think he's meant more for getting in and poking them then getting back out, not really a stand at the front and absorb all the damage type of tank.

I use to play Winston a lot but he kind of sucks now. There are too many heroes that can stun/trap him when he dives in. It's rare to find isolated targets nowadays. Even jumping on Widow is kind of useless because he can't kill fast enough and she can grapple hook away assuming she positioned herself decently enough. If Mercy starts healing someone while Winston is attacking them he basically can not kill them. I think he needs some buffs. Either make him even more mobile or increase his damage output or something because right now he's far too risky to use against many comps.

I don't want to play comp anymore, team mates won't even come on mic. We won the first 2 games of our comp 3v3 and then lost the next 3 cause 1 guy kept taking Winston .I took mercy and the enemy team takes Bastion and Roadhog . They both counter Winston so hard it's not a joke. They simply walked through Winstons damage and killed me where I was hiding behind. Again next round guy takes Winston. We just get run over.

So I've decided to main Tracer, she is so fun to use and if I'm having a good game I can just destroy the other team, I've been watching some streamers and OWL to try and find little tricks that they use to implement in my play style.

Saving up for the Mach T skin as we speak!

Some crazy nerfs and buffs going through.

The Meta is going to evolve a lot over the next few weeks.

Looking forward to the Orissa, soldier, Mei, and support buffs.
I don't like the mcree buff, it's totally fair... it's just I don't like playing with mcrees because they need a ton of health and cover that soldier and hanzblow don't. Lol.

Liking the mercy nerf. Mercy was becoming a must pick again and must picks aren't cool.

Hammond dropping soon as well. I don't have an opinion on him until I get my hands on him for awhile. But he looks to fit my play style.

This season is going fairly well. Still hoping to get to diamond, I am in the 2700's now.

Most games I lose are for the same reasons.

1 tanking is terrible, either too aggressive or too passive. Tanks dictate the pace and location of the fights, and if you're getting dictated to, you're at a disadvantage.

2. Healing sucks. We have two healers but yet as an Orissa I am never getting healed, how is that possible?

3. Dps won't change to counter phara. I am on ps4

It's almost always poor tanking and healing that loses the match, not so much dps.

You get some good healers and tanks and they'll get plenty of kills without dps.

Core 2 quad gtx1030 72fps low setting 1080p

You can’t get much more potato than that unless you’re using integrated graphics.
Are you using an AMD cpu?

I know the game can run on a potato(ignore the post you were responding to in this above post lol), but the problem I'm talking about isn't on the player end. It's some Blizzard did when the new Symmetra went live or possibly even before that. It does it to potato PCs and monster machines. Blizzard themselves have acknowledged the problem and were/are looking into what they changed that caused the problem.

It will also be less noticeable to drop from 250+ frames to around 180ish than it will be to drop from 150 to like 60/70 frames.

Last edited:
So I've decided to main Tracer, she is so fun to use and if I'm having a good game I can just destroy the other team, I've been watching some streamers and OWL to try and find little tricks that they use to implement in my play style.

Saving up for the Mach T skin as we speak!
Unique choice, no one mains Tracer.

Unique choice, no one mains Tracer.

She may not be unique but she is incredibly fun to play. She also isn't OP like a Hanzo or something. I use Winston and Sombra a ton too, they are both considered not great so not many people use them.

She may not be unique but she is incredibly fun to play. She also isn't OP like a Hanzo or something. I use Winston and Sombra a ton too, they are both considered not great so not many people use them.
Don't mind him. You rock that Tracer and let us know how she works out for you, bud.

I climbed into the low 2900s and the players falling out of dimond have got to be the most toxic players I have ever encountered.

They start the match mad, before anyone even picks or says anything.

My God, man.

I climbed into the low 2900s and the players falling out of dimond have got to be the most toxic players I have ever encountered.

They start the match mad, before anyone even picks or says anything.

My God, man.
Of course they're toxic, I'd almost guarantee that they're the types of players that blame there teammates for every loss and that if they could just get decent teammates they'd be too 500.

Also, they were more than likely already tilted from the previous matches.

Of course they're toxic, I'd almost guarantee that they're the types of players that blame there teammates for every loss and that if they could just get decent teammates they'd be too 500.

Also, they were more than likely already tilted from the previous matches.
Lol it's so true.

I just had a game where a falling diamond blamed one of us rising plats.

"People like you are the reason why I am falling out of diamond!!"
"I have never even been in diamond, how did I cause you to fall?"

Hopefully when you play competitive the randoms will actually fill and play tank/support right?

On QP, unless I'm playing with my buddies, they literally always pick damage. I end up tanking or being a healer almost every game, which is fine because Winston is one of my favorite people to use but it's frustrating that I rarely can play a damage hero.

I'm about level 40 so i think I'm good enough to try out some competitive at this point, I expect to get my ass kicked tho lol

Don't expect too much in qp.
I am a flex player in comp, so I never get to play dps.

When I am in qp, I only play dps and I definitely don't care about team comp. But I still try to win.

You are fine to join comp anytime. You will be placed with similar skilled players or you will quickly movm to the rank you belong at. You certainly won't be a burden to your team unless you're not trying.

Don't worry about any toxic people in comp, they're not worth paying attention to.

Don't expect them to do much filling, it's almost as bad as qp. If you want a shield tank and a main healer, you're probably going to have to play one of them.

Last edited:
I go to play him some time and his guns seem quite powerful. His abilities are not easy to use though.

I like the idea of a tank hitscan, someone who can help with phara without having to fly into her.

Hammond feels as tanky as dva or roadhog, which is not tanky at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back