Pacman vs. Danny Garcia

The Can Opener

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Apparently they are in negotiations for a fight in a few months.

Personally I'm annoyed by the fact Danny turned down fights with Pac twice several years ago when it would have actually mattered to boxing and been a decent fight. I think Pac is prime for the taking by any live body having lost 4 of his last 9 bouts and looking like hammered shit in his last loss to a elementary school teacher. To me this stinks worse than the two Danny versus Morales fights since Danny isn't some no name up and coming fighter anymore. I didn't think Pac had a shot against Loma but I didn't think he would get hurt either. Danny isn't half the boxer Loma is but the six-toed mutant hits pretty damn hard and is a total 147 pound fighter now.

So does this feel like Cherry Garcia at it again to anyone else?

i don't like pacquiao anymore so i'll enjoy any fight in which he takes a beating.

sure, garcia just wants a name and pacman is shot, but we'll all still watch. i think it will be fun.

García should win....

When Danny turned this fight down? Since when Arum and Haymon do business together? Is not up to the fighters, is the managers job to come to agreements.

Last edited:
Garcia is trying to make money. Pac is still a name. If he wins, it will set him up nicely for a high profile fight against one of the big dogs.

Danny will knock him out.

Sad fight.

Thats what PacMan said but nobody believes him

I think Garcia was holding out for a Floyd fight before.

Pacquiao has been my favorite fighter for a very long time, it pains me to see him continue to fight when he should have given it up after the Mayweather fight. I've had the opportunity to see him fight and I was glad that I got to see the Horn fight in person even though Pacquiao lost, I've seen my hero and I've seen my countryman become a champion when no one thought he would.

Pacquiao needs to retire and Horn needs to get waxed by Crawford so he can fuck off back into irrelevancy.

I'll watch.

Too bad fight only means guys get paid, no impact on division.

Wow. I would advise Pac against taking that fight. Not sure how he doesn't get sparked out in against Garcia.

Pac easily outboxes DG and wins the fight by UD.

Apparently they are in negotiations for a fight in a few months.

Personally I'm annoyed by the fact Danny turned down fights with Pac twice several years ago when it would have actually mattered to boxing and been a decent fight. I think Pac is prime for the taking by any live body having lost 4 of his last 9 bouts and looking like hammered shit in his last loss to a elementary school teacher. To me this stinks worse than the two Danny versus Morales fights since Danny isn't some no name up and coming fighter anymore. I didn't think Pac had a shot against Loma but I didn't think he would get hurt either. Danny isn't half the boxer Loma is but the six-toed mutant hits pretty damn hard and is a total 147 pound fighter now.

So does this feel like Cherry Garcia at it again to anyone else?

Danny Garcia will KO Manny at this stage

That dude has some heavy hands and an Iron jaw not to mention he has great cardio and is younger.

If I were Manny try to get a fight with Lomachenko at least if he loses he wont get badly hurt probably just quit on his stool

If Manny beats someone like Garcia that man is beyond legend at this age, you rarely see someone that small still competing well above his weight division once his tools deteriorated, Garcia is huge he was in the 160s and against Rios and Rios walks around 180 and he made Rios look small, not even Roy Jones jr could compete when he lost his explosive athleticism

Pac easily outboxes DG and wins the fight by UD.
giphy.gif

You know, given how bad Manny looked against Horn this should be Danny's fight. But I can't help shake the feeling that he'll do just enough to lose it.

Pacquiao has been my favorite fighter for a very long time, it pains me to see him continue to fight when he should have given it up after the Mayweather fight. I've had the opportunity to see him fight and I was glad that I got to see the Horn fight in person even though Pacquiao lost, I've seen my hero and I've seen my countryman become a champion when no one thought he would.

Pacquiao needs to retire and Horn needs to get waxed by Crawford so he can fuck off back into irrelevancy.

The 3rd fight with Bradley gave him the chance to go out winning a tough rivalry in convincing fashion.

That would've been ideal

Imo this is a fight Danny would win now. But I still think it would not be an easy win...pac is on his way out but I still thought he won that horn fight.

I forgot to answer, no I dont think this is cherry picking. Pacs a bad matchup for him even in his current form.

Danny probably gets lit up, but at some point catches Pac and hurts him.

I forgot to answer, no I dont think this is cherry picking. Pacs a bad matchup for him even in his current form.

From what I saw of Danny Garcia, that guy is deadly, Manny gets wreckless and he wont be able to handle a shot from Danny, Pac would have to box the perfect fight like he did agianst Brandon Rios the only trouble here is Pacs legs are shot to shit, that was his main tool he was before Loma when it come to that in and out side to side ambush flurry style, now that his legs are gone, he gets hit a lot more and cant get out of the way of shots like he used to

Rios has a much better chin and he dropped like a sock of potatoes when Danny caught him

I thought Rios was winning that fight on pressure and workrate, but Danny has some chin on him, Id say the best chin in boxing hands down, he has been hit with some vicious shots in his career and been down I think the only time I seen him wobble was against an old Erik Morales but he knocked Morales across the ring badly.

I think the Pacman that out boxed rios was the last great performance of Mannys career he looked amazing in that fight.
better than Danny Garcia looked against Rios besides the final ko

Thats the thing, Danny has solid defense and a decent chin. He'll weather the storm and light Pacman up.

Back