Pacquiao/Marquez IV 12/8

Because the KO was definitive and put an exclamation point on the series. What if Marquez wins the next as well? Will they make a 6th? The rubber match because its 2-2-1? Fuck that, this was a definitive ending. I think its time to move on. Marquez should end his career on this high note.

Who gives a fuck about rubber matches or definitive endings? I want interesting, exciting fights at the elite level.

Geez this fight just turned boxing into a fucking racewar. Yeah we know that Pac got slept by JMM, but damn seems like the Mexican community really is going out there way by shoving it in peoples faces. Don't blame them though, Pac just ran through some good Mexican fighters for a good couple of years like a boss until he got owned last night.

while im not a fan of either, i thought the fight was one of the best i have seen for a long time between 2 top p4p fighters

i thought Marquez and his team came across much better in the 24/7 series so was slightly rooting for him

i could watch these 2 fight another 10 fights...those who dont want it again....need to stop watching boxing

Geez this fight just turned boxing into a fucking racewar. Yeah we know that Pac got slept by JMM, but damn seems like the Mexican community really is going out there way by shoving it in peoples faces. Don't blame them though, Pac just ran through some good Mexican fighters for a good couple of years like a boss until he got owned last night.

Are you talking about sherdog or real life?

Who gives a fuck about rubber matches or definitive endings? I want interesting, exciting fights at the elite level.

And why not those fights against other people? These 2 have given us 4 fights ffs. Plus Marquez is 39 years old, how long do you think he could go on at this level? I think this was definitive and should end on that note, in Marquez case, his career, you may not agree, but others may. Of course in the end its not up to us, its up to both fighters and their people.

Are you talking about sherdog or real life?

Both. If they aren't talking about the fight objectively, instead they have to inject race into the subject like it was a main factor in the fight. Come on, its two fighters going into the ring to knock each others block off. Not, Its a Mexican vs a Filipino going in to fight ffs.

Oh man, I missed the fight.

Sounds like it was an absolute cracker! (had to say something racial sounding haha)

wow. Just watched the fight. Amazing fight, glad Marquez got what he deserved, cant help but feeling for Pacquiao, though. But awesome fight!

Both. My Mexican friends are having a field day with this.

I don't blame em though. They had to through years of Filipinos talking mad shit every time Pac won after he lost to Morales the first time.

And why not those fights against other people? These 2 have given us 4 fights ffs. Plus Marquez is 39 years old, how long do you think he could go on at this level? I think this was definitive and should end on that note, in Marquez case, his career, you may not agree, but others may. Of course in the end its not up to us, its up to both fighters and their people.

Good, let's get those fights against these other people. That or the fight against the 39 yo Marquez that just put Pacman to sleep for a couple minutes after a great fight. How long has he got left? Since at this point we're talking about one hypothetical fight... I think there's at least another 8-10 week camp left in that raggedy old body of his if he wants that cheeese enough....and I imagine it would be a lot of cheddar next time around...

I don't blame em though. They had to through years of Filipinos talking mad shit every time Pac won after he lost to Morales the first time.

yeah from a bunch of pussies who never liked boxing before pac. That is the main source of mexican animosity.

Funny part is the bantering between Mexicans, Philipinos, and Blacks is usually outright terrible.

I mean, this website, it's sooooo obvious who is Black, who is Flip, who's Mexican based on who people root for and what they say, and how blindingly delusional and bias they are.

And it's highly entertaining when minorities that complain about racism have more bias against other minorities. I've always heard that Blacks and Latinos really don't get along, and you can definitely sense it on boxing forums. The forums I use to post on are even worse than Sherdog in that respect.

Some people are Pac fans rather then actual boxing fans. They think cause the ONE fighter they actually pay attention to loses that it somehow "hurts" the sport. When in reality it doesn't hurt the sport in any possible way shape or form. Even if THEY won't watch fights anymore it doesn't matter because they only watched Pac fights in the first place. Pac gets KO'ed and the sport is now somehow dead. Idiots is the kindest word for them. When Morales schooled him it had no effect on boxing as a whole. Half the Pac fans i know don't even know he lost to Morales. That is how dedicated and informed they are.

It's like a decade ago when lots of girls i knew would watch every single De La Hoya fight religiously but never watched or cared about any other fight or any other fighter. When he left the sport so did they but it didn't make any difference cause they weren't fans of boxing, just fans of one particular fighter.

Only a complete fool would think an exciting fight with knockdowns on both sides that ended in a brutal and spectacular knockout could possibly be a bad thing.

Sure it sucks for Pac fans and probably cost Pac and Money May MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of dollars but that doesn't mean it's bad for the sport at all.

Well, I for one am a Pac fan but I've always given credit to JMM, as any boxing fan should. I would have prefered Pac's winning this, but I'm glad the fight didn't go to another controversial decision. It would have hurt Pac's legacy more than coming out swinging, flooring JMM for the 5th time. Better be Hearns vs Hagler than JCC vs Whitaker, IMO. We got treated with a pretty good fight. And JMM got the clear win he deserved (they're now 2-2 in my book).

I was skeptical about having them fight a 4th time, but I wouldn't mind a 5th bout if we get to see more fireworks, no matter which guy ends up winning. I could very well handle another JMM KO victory if it happens after this two guys beat the hell out of each other again and we don't see another Vazquez-Marquez IV.

Last edited:
What the hell was Pacquiao thinking, hands down and leading with his face like wanting to get KOed? Anyway, great win by Marquez. He definitely deserved to win with all his hard work & determination.

I don't know the most about boxing, I'm not a huge fan or historian of the sport, but man I have never seen a better boxing match LIVE. That was the best fight that I could have imagined. I CANNOT BELIEVE JMM stayed up at the end of the 5th !! That was insane!! I definitely have seen the real upside of boxing now as a fan. What a great fight.

Racist retardation is what happens when people with no lives live vicariously through people who punch each other in the face.

Back