Pacquiao vs Clottey March 13th

Will be interesting to see the doctors report on the condition of Clottey's ribs, stomach and liver. I have never seen that many body shots landed on a fighter.

like what? what choices did manny make? coming in a 3 to 1 under dog against de la hoya? only to beat the shit out of him. but discredit the man right.... de la hoya was washed up. same thing goes with all his opponents.... discredit him. but before the fights he was an underdog in all the experts eyes.

im not trying to take away what the self proclaimed "welterweight king" has done in the past.... he's beaten some great fighters. but AT WELTERWEIGHT what has he done? this is a sport of "what have you done for me lately".... what the hell has he done lately? besidestalk a whole lot of shit.

damm dude you are on a roll here.

haters always gonna descredit pacs winnings. He distroyed Cotto, poeple gonna say Cotto was never the same after Marg...

He killed Hatton, haters saying Hatton was never that good and floyd already beated him. lolz.

He used clottey as a punching bag and poeple saying Clottey was never good. LOLZ:

Just watched the fight, I thought Pac ran the show and Clottey fought not to be finished inside the distance. Good performance by Pac though, not stop punching for the entire fight.

Not to me, I love the shell defense and when you add to it someone who his speed, counter punching ability, and accuracy. You usually get a beautiful performance. Master class.

It's enjoyable in a way that you enjoy a boxing instructional. I say that in a good way. I appreciate his style, I study his fights, truly a master of his craft but after a while it kinda gets boring for me & I find myself looking for some good old ultraviolence. One that Pacquiao offers.

if you guys can see the bullshit mayweather is pulling.... and still say he's a better fighter than pacquiao.... (who by the way.... does his job and fights every top fighter in every division he competes in. ) then so be it. i guess you just like fighters that do more talking then actual fighting.

everyone has their opinions..... i like real fighters. and i feel these type of fighters should always be ranked higher. but thats just my opinion.

Yeah, he really cleared out those 135 and 140lbs divisions...

Don't lie to try to make Pac seem better than he is. He's good enough and got a great enough resume for you not to have to do that.

CBS14303140523.jpg

Welp, that went exactly as I expected. Clottey just didn't want to fight. Pretty boring, but Pac tried to make it fun, props to him.

Yeah, he really cleared out those 135 and 140lbs divisions...

Don't lie to try to make Pac seem better than he is. He's good enough and got a great enough resume for you not to have to do that.

Who did he avoid at 135 or 140? Hatton was the top guy at 140.. Pac aced him. Diaz was the champ at 135... Pac aced him.. who should he have fought in either division, and don't say Devon Alexander or Bradley because neither were developed yet.

Pac has consistently faced the most dangerous competition in his division.. even when it was not advisable.. such as his rematch with JMM and even the Clottey fight last night.. Shane was going to fight Clottey, but Naz talked him out of it because "nobody looks good against Clottey, and even if you do look good, that would mean that you looked good against the two most avoided fighters, and everyone would avoid you even more than they are now"

Just finished watching the fight and Pacquiao put on another masterclass. Clottey showed heart for lasting the distance but I wish he would have taken a few more risks.

Who did he avoid at 135 or 140? Hatton was the top guy at 140.. Pac aced him. Diaz was the champ at 135... Pac aced him.. who should he have fought in either division, and don't say Devon Alexander or Bradley because neither were developed yet.

Pac has consistently faced the most dangerous competition in his division.. even when it was not advisable.. such as his rematch with JMM and even the Clottey fight last night.. Shane was going to fight Clottey, but Naz talked him out of it because "nobody looks good against Clottey, and even if you do look good, that would mean that you looked good against the two most avoided fighters, and everyone would avoid you even more than they are now"

very true

At the end of the Clottey fight he ( roach ) said that they will "crush that defence" ( floyds ) and that they are ready to and can do it.

Is he serious? I mean with 1000+ punches thrown at Josh Clottey , the mouse was under the eye of Manny and Clottey didnt look that bad.

If they cant crush Clotteys defence...then the obvious question remains:

Just what the hell are they gonna do with Floyd Mayweather jr?

Yes, David Diaz was a champ of the Div. at the time ,but Nate Cambell was looked at as the real 135 champ after beating Juan Diaz.So he should have fought Nate, to be called the LW Champ. I have all respect for Pac and what he has done but I hate all the BS belts. They calling him the WW Champ last night ,but to Mosely is the real WW Champ cause his win over Margerito who took the belt from Cotto. What belt does Pac have right now that make him more of a WW Champ over Mosely.

Seriously? Casamayor was number 1 and Campbell was higher ranked. He fought the weakest titleholder.

Seriously? Casamayor was number 1 and Campbell was higher ranked. He fought the weakest titleholder.

Are you kidding me? Casamayor had just been in a life and death battle with the highly over-rated Katsidis. Diaz was absolutely on par with Casa at that point in his career. Furthermore, Casa was scheduled to face JMM when Pac fought Diaz.. and Cambell would have presented no problems for Pac..you people would have forgotten that fight before the ref even counted ten on Cambell

The Cambell fight is one I wanted to see much more then D.Diaz. I also would have like to have seen him fight J.Diaz. Pac has no problems fighting fighters with loses and at the time Juan only lose was to Nate. I think Nate would have giving Pac problems two yrs ago with his style and movement and I think he beats Juan but would have been a good fight to watch.

I agree.. the Juan fight would have been a barn burner..but Pac would have aced him < 6.. and Cambell was smarter than Diaz and that is why he beat Diaz.. it was an inside fight...he won the fight insde.. He would not be able to box and move against the much fleeter of foot Pac. He would have to resort to trying to win inside again, and I dont see that ever happening.

Are you kidding me? Casamayor had just been in a life and death battle with the highly over-rated Katsidis. Diaz was absolutely on par with Casa at that point in his career. Furthermore, Casa was scheduled to face JMM when Pac fought Diaz.. and Cambell would have presented no problems for Pac..you people would have forgotten that fight before the ref even counted ten on Cambell

Nonsense. Casa still had enough to have a tough competitive fight with JMM. Still doesn't change the fact he was the #1 in the division. Pac only fought Diaz to get a quick belt on his resume.

At the end of the Clottey fight he ( roach ) said that they will "crush that defence" ( floyds ) and that they are ready to and can do it.

Is he serious? I mean with 1000+ punches thrown at Josh Clottey , the mouse was under the eye of Manny and Clottey didnt look that bad.

If they cant crush Clotteys defence...then the obvious question remains:

Just what the hell are they gonna do with Floyd Mayweather jr?

hmmmm, u don't understand the sport very well. clottey is a huge welter who fought defensive minded and lost every round. u do realize in boxing you're much more vulnerable when your hands leave the guard position to punch, and clottey seldomly did it because he felt if he did he would have gotten brutalized

Back