Pacquiao vs Clottey March 13th

Wanted to point out.

It was beautiful to see Pacquio work angles on Clottey's defense to get those body shots in.

I'm tired of explaining Baldo was actually amore accomplished WW when Floyd fought him than Margrito was at the time. Higher ranked, undisputed ww champ.

Yet less dangerous and less of a challenge. The guy looks like marzipan when he fights.

I'm tired of explaining Baldo was actually amore accomplished WW when Floyd fought him than Margrito was at the time. Higher ranked, undisputed ww champ.

cause he beat judah? lets be real.... he was supposed to be judahs warm up fight.... he was never intended to fight mayweather.

i dont blame mayweather for fighting him..... he had the belt and was a easier opponent than margarito. :icon_neut

cause he beat judah? lets be real.... he was supposed to be judahs warm up fight.... he was never intended to fight mayweather.

i dont blame mayweather for fighting him..... he had the belt and was a easier opponent than margarito. :icon_neut
He was supposed to be judahs warmup fight (judah being undisputed ww champ)? He was Judahs mandatory title challenger becasue he fought his way through the ranks and earned it.
He beat Judah, Clottey and Gatti (as well as miguel rodriguez, the guy berto beat to claim the belt hes wearing now but thats not as good as it sounds to be fair.)

Tony had recently LOST to Daniel Santos and his best win at that time was Antonio Diaz, a guy Shane Mosley beat the shit out of in one the fights leading up to his fight with margarito..

After that he lost to paul williams and looked like shit against Clottey.

Margarito has never been in position for a shot at floyd except when he'd beat cotto when floyd was retired.

Yuo can't rewrite history and downplaying what Baldo and Floyds other opponents accomplished is a weak way to ride mannys balls.

thought this was interesting:

I don't need Azumah's opinion - Joshua Clottey
By Kobina Welsing/Citifmonline.com
Mon 15th March, 2010 17:00 GMT

Joshua Clottey The defeated former IBF welterweight champion, Joshua Clottey has taken a swipe at Ghanaian Boxing Legend, Azumah Nelson, for accusing his trainer for not doing enough to ensure his victory against Manny Pacquaio.

The Technical Director of the Ghana Boxing Association, Azumah Nelson, in an interview with Citi FM, moments after Clottey

thought this was interesting:

I do think his corner could have lended some better coaching but either way it was up to Clottey to perform.

Yeah, Dejesus may not have sounded like he was doing much to help Clottey, but the truth is , what he was saying is what Clottey needed to do.

He was supposed to be judahs warmup fight (judah being undisputed ww champ)? He was Judahs mandatory title challenger becasue he fought his way through the ranks and earned it.
He beat Judah, Clottey and Gatti (as well as miguel rodriguez, the guy berto beat to claim the belt hes wearing now but thats not as good as it sounds to be fair.)

Tony had recently LOST to Daniel Santos and his best win at that time was Antonio Diaz, a guy Shane Mosley beat the shit out of in one the fights leading up to his fight with margarito..

After that he lost to paul williams and looked like shit against Clottey.

Margarito has never been in position for a shot at floyd except when he'd beat cotto when floyd was retired.

Yuo can't rewrite history and downplaying what Baldo and Floyds other opponents accomplished is a weak way to ride mannys balls.

Let's be honest. He beat Clottey because Clottey fouled out. Clottey was working him over for most of the fight. And Gatti, a really B+ fighter to begin with and out of his division, was a dead a horse by the time Baldomir got to him. And while he did beat Zab Judah, that was from a fluke glaze punch and Zab's fragility played a big part.

and Miguel Rodriguez is a cream puff and the championship fight between him and Berto is a laughable setup by a corrupt organization who just wanted a piece of him.

Floyd rightfully fought Baldomir because by beating Zab, he became a lineal champion. But let's not go crazy here and say he's actually better than a B-fighter. He's not.

Yeah, Dejesus may not have sounded like he was doing much to help Clottey, but the truth is , what he was saying is what Clottey needed to do.

Yup, I wish Clottey let his hands go and took some chances, make a fight out of it. Sucks for him, he had his big shot and blew it, and with that type of performance I doubt he'll get get another shot anytime soon.

1,Let's be honest. He beat Clottey because Clottey fouled out. Clottey was working him over for most of the fight. And Gatti, a really B+ fighter to begin with and out of his division, was a dead a horse by the time Baldomir got to him. And while he did beat Zab Judah, that was from a fluke glaze punch and Zab's fragility played a big part.

2.and Miguel Rodriguez is a cream puff and the championship fight between him and Berto is a laughable setup by a corrupt organization who just wanted a piece of him.

3.Floyd rightfully fought Baldomir because by beating Zab, he became a lineal champion. But let's not go crazy here and say he's actually better than a B-fighter. He's not.

1. I hate to break it to you but that was the ww division at the time. Deciding now that it wasn't relevant isn't fair. Zab hadn't shown yet that he was a weak fighter mentally. Clottey- I don't care why he lost, he lost. As for Zab- ITs like saying because Morales lost to David Diaz that he was nevera good fighter to begin with so it disqualifies him as a good win for pac. Baldo was on a BIG winning streak against solid crediblefighters and in the case of Zab, a top P4Per at the time. The whole reason Floyd fought both guys was to prove that he was better than both, fluke win or not.

2. I acknowledged that.

3. I don't really agree. He was an A level Welterweight whether people like it or not. Its not baldomirs fault that the WWdivision exploded after floyd beat him. Some people would be puzzled if they saw what the ww division at the time consisted of. The top 10 was guys like Thomas Damgaard , Gatti, Antonio Diaz etc. Paul Williams had JUST cracked the top 10 for stopping Mitchell who was also at the timea rankedWW cominng off of a loss to Floyd. There was no Cotto, Mosley was at 154 along with oscar Margarito couldn't put together two wins against top guys. Like it or not, Floyd beat the best that division had to offer at the time.
When people found out what a payday Baldo got for that fight, suddenly everyone was a welterweight.

Another thing, people always mention margarito, explain how margarito was a better WW than Baldomir at the time. He wasn't.

Pacquiao-Clottey generates 700,000 pay-per-view buys

Manny Pacquiao's 12-round decision victory against Joshua Clottey on March 13 at Cowboys Stadium generated 700,000 HBO pay-per-view buys and $35.3 million in revenue, the network announced Tuesday.
"The pay-per-view performance of Pacquiao-Clottey significantly exceeded our expectations," Mark Taffet, senior vice president for HBO PPV, said Tuesday. "It is a testament to the popularity of Pacquiao and the vitality of the sport, and it gives us great encouragement as we look toward the May 1 (Floyd) Mayweather-(Shane) Mosley pay-per-view fight."

Pacquiao's 12 pay-per-view fights have generated 6.25 million buys and $320 million in pay-per-view revenue.

Back