Pakistan’s biggest #MeToo moment

It doesn't sounds like a movement, it just sounds like a scandal.

The #MeToo movement has really caught on in South Korea. Bloomberg article:

#MeToo Movement Engulfs South Korea’s Workplace

888a30e24184a4520a0661dfc2567114.jpg
If you don't mind me asking what does your wife think about the issue over there? Does it have merit in her view? Also thought this bit was interesting
Gender minister Chung said she is concerned with reports of male co-workers adopting the so-called “Pence Rule,” a phrase dubbed after U.S. Vice President Mike Pence’s practice of not dining alone with a woman and deliberately avoiding interaction with women to avoid any accusations of sexual misbehavior.
I kind of agree with the Pence rule honestly, even if only as a guideline rather than a rule. What they don't mention here is that Pence also emphasizes not being without his wife at events where there are other women and alcohol and I think that was very insightful of him.

Look at the Aziz incident, it wasn't a rape or sexual assault necessarily but it was an interaction that was perceived quite differently by both parties and I don't think the presence of alcohol is unrelated to that.

I kind of agree with the Pence rule honestly, even if only as a guideline rather than a rule. What they don't mention here is that Pence also emphasizes not being without his wife at events where there are other women and alcohol and I think that was very insightful of him.

Look at the Aziz incident, it wasn't a rape or sexual assault necessarily but it was an interaction that was perceived quite differently by both parties and I don't think the presence of alcohol is unrelated to that.
This is just sneaky horse shit to make us comfortable with Islamic law

No alcohol and no mixing of genders unless you’re married

Fuck off.

In Pakistan, the #Metoo movement should revolve around one question:

Are you the product of incest?

This is just sneaky horse shit to make us comfortable with Islamic law

No alcohol and no mixing of genders unless you’re married

Fuck off.
I think alcohol is generally bad but getting shitfaced with your mates every once in a while ain't the worst thing in the world.

I know all I need to know about middle eastern countries. They’re ass backwards and wouldn’t be relevant if it wasn’t for oil in the region.

Civilized countries would care about it as much as we do Africa.
main-qimg-8381e6bbad6b9d000c0004e37d1a8f2f

Hey genius, Pakistan isnt in the "Middle East" nor are they a major oil producer. But they are a nuclear power that exports arms around the world. That alone gives them plenty of relevance.

Hey hey genius they border afganishit

Hey genius, Pakistan isnt in the "Middle East" nor are they a major oil producer. But they are a nuclear power that exports arms around the world. That alone gives them plenty of relevance.

Owen Benjamin: "I was so confused with the #Metoo movement, because in my mind I read it "Pound me too".

which is another country that is neither Middle Eastern or an oil producer. Try again.
To be fair the term Greater Middle East includes Afghanistan and Pakistan
newmiddleeastnew.jpg

Not that the guy you're responding to isn't a moron because he is, and honestly I don't like the term and use of Greater Middle East since it groups way too many countries together(eventually MidEast will refer to half the world while the other half will be "Western") but I'm just saying that he's not entirely wrong despite being a moron.

Didn’t read but if she outed someone for sexual harassment they’ll probably stone her to death.

#ourally
#allyinregion
#didntknowbinladenwasthere
Bin Laden was a cia asset and im sure a ton of Americas allys didnt like that. Didnt make america any less of an ally.

To be fair the term Greater Middle East includes Afghanistan and Pakistan
newmiddleeastnew.jpg

Not that the guy you're responding to isn't a moron because he is, and honestly I don't like the term and use of Greater Middle East since it groups way too many countries together(eventually MidEast will refer to half the world while the other half will be "Western") but I'm just saying that he's not entirely wrong despite being a moron.
lol I was being pedantic because I (correctly) assumed he would consider everyone brown and Muslim to be lumped in as one culture.

One complaint I hear about #metoo is that its too focused on women in the West and doesn't address cultures that are more problematic when it comes to sexual violence. Well here you go, its made it to Pakistan.

https://muftah.org/pakistani-actor-meesha-shafi-accuses-ali-zafar-of-sexual-harassment/

I find this particularly interesting because on the Indian continent their entertainment industry seems to mirror the US Hollywood scene of a bygone era where the stars like these two really are the biggest draws and carry the industry on their shoulders. It'll be interesting to see how the story unfolds. Will the guy get blacklisted? He seems to have support in the industry. Maybe she will get blacklisted.

Is sexual harrassment even a concept in a place like South Asia? And how this actress not be stoned yet?

One complaint I hear about #metoo is that its too focused on women in the West and doesn't address cultures that are more problematic when it comes to sexual violence. Well here you go, its made it to Pakistan.

Yes

https://muftah.org/pakistani-actor-meesha-shafi-accuses-ali-zafar-of-sexual-harassment/

I find this particularly interesting because on the Indian continent their entertainment industry seems to mirror the US Hollywood scene of a bygone era where the stars like these two really are the biggest draws and carry the industry on their shoulders. It'll be interesting to see how the story unfolds. Will the guy get blacklisted? He seems to have support in the industry. Maybe she will get blacklisted.

Is sexual harrassment even a concept in a place like South Asia? And how this actress not be stoned yet?
Haha, wow really original bruh never heard that one before :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ do you think Pakistan is one large dirt village? Read a book sometime.

Haha, wow really original bruh never heard that one before :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ do you think Pakistan is one large dirt village? Read a book sometime.

Overall it is, which is why it think this movement will be relatively irrelevant, the vast majority of Pakistan is rural, so even if the urban society changes for the better they will still be outnumbered and will only work towards their isolation from the uncivilized rural "savages".

Here in Mexico the #metoo movement was countered by the #noshit movement. Pretty much everyone knew that these shitty actresses were getting their roles through fucking producers.

Here in Mexico the #metoo movement was countered by the #noshit movement. Pretty much everyone knew that these shitty actresses were getting their roles through fucking producers.
Why is Mexico so based? I really want to see you guys succeed

Back