Papers stolen in Israeli raid on Tehran archive reveal extent of Iran’s weapons research

What I need to is someone holding up a diagram of an old school ACME bomb complete with a lit fuse to illustrate just how much danger we are in....

It was funny as heck, but then also managed to somberly touch on serious issues about the Vietnam war that was actively going on at the time it was made through MASH’s setting of the Korean War, and then get back to the funny and making you love the characters

Shows just aren’t able to do it like that anymore
theres too many different shows nowadays. Its probably a lot harder to get everything working the way it used to. Plus it seemed like they just got their casting spot on!

Well, seems like this claim is being met with an appropriate amount of incredulity. Bravo, War Room. I’ll add a blunt statement: the Israeli Government is full of shit and not to be trusted, particularly in regards to Iran.

All they really need is U-235 (Uranium). Yes, I'm sure Pakistan can sell them that. They could steal it also, like the Israelis did with American Uranium. Russia can't account for all its nukes from the Soviet Union days. Pu-239 (Plutonium) has also gone missing from Russian nuclear reactor facilities. Someone has U-235 and Pu-239 for sale. No doubt about that. Question is the amount. You need about 2 pounds of U-235 for a basic atom bomb. That's about the size of a baseball. Here in the U.S. you can buy U-238 on eBay legally or at www.unitednuclear.com.

you can use the u-238 to make the Pu-239 if you have the expertise and equipment.

Story: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...t-weapons-research/ar-AAA6OeF?ocid=spartanntp

“The work would be divided in two: covert (secret structure and goals) and overt,” an Iranian scientist writes in one memo, part of a 100,000-document archive seized in a daring raid on a storage facility in Tehran by Israel’s Mossad intelligence agency in January."

“It explains why the [nuclear deal] to us is worse than nothing, because it leaves key parts of the nuclear program unaddressed,” the official said. “It doesn’t block Iran’s path to the bomb. It paves Iran’s path to the bomb.”

This is exactly what the Israeli's did with their nuclear program in the late 1970s, with the help of South Africa. Personally I don't think Iran stopped their covert nuclear program. Why would they? I think these guys already have a rudimentary atom bomb, they just have not tested it, at least not as far as we know. They could have tested it outside of Iran, like the Israelis tested their bomb outside of Israel in 1979, in the Indian Ocean.

Why would they need to test or even develop a bomb, they have been working on their missile program and all a sudden North Korea has ICBMs capable of reaching the continental US, wow, what a coincidence. You can't tell me that exchange didn't or wouldn't work both ways. Not to mention after Pakistan got the bomb pretty much everyone or anyone that wants one only needs to put AQ Kahn on speed dial and say "I hate America, can I have a bomb? I have cash!".

You can use the U-238 to make the Pu-239 if you have the expertise and equipment.

Yes. Pu-239 (Plutonium) is made in nuclear reactors. It is actually a faster method of getting bomb grade material than U-235. In 1945, the U.S. had 3 nuclear bombs:
. Test bomb in New Mexico: Plutonium
. Hiroshima bomb: Uranium
. Nagasaki bomb: Plutonium

Not sure why Iran is taking the longer route by manufacturing U-235. The U.S. gave Iran its first nuclear power plant in the 1950s. Help came from France in the 1980s and Argentina and Russia in the 1990s.

Yes. Pu-239 (Plutonium) is made in nuclear reactors. It is actually a faster method of getting bomb grade material than U-235. In 1945, the U.S. had 3 nuclear bombs:

Not sure why Iran is taking the longer route by manufacturing U-235. The U.S. gave Iran its first nuclear power plant in the 1950s. Help came from France in the 1980s and Argentina and Russia in the 1990s.

I think the problem is more Iran developing nuclear power freeing up a lot of oil to sell to China. Iran getting rich and China getting more fuel to expand is not on any NATO wish list. China is already Iran's biggest buyer.

Stopping them getting "nukes" seems more pretext otherwise the 300 Israeli warheads and their non-compliance in NPT would be causing the same consternation.

Perhaps the Uranium-235 is more suitable for power stations (if my theory is correct)

http://www.world-nuclear.org/inform...ar-power-reactors/nuclear-power-reactors.aspx

I trust Ebola more than I trust Israel

Israelis went on a super secret mission deep into enemy territory to expose the evil Iranians once and for all? Seems legit.
They are know for getting the "job" done if you know what I mean. Don't believe me look it up for yourself.

I don't really care about Israeli claims. The U.S. and the CIA have about the same level of intelligence and information. Iran has the same level of physicists as India, and better ones than Pakistan and North Korea. They have been going at this issue for years. To me there is more than enough proof Iran already has a bomb or can put one together in 12 months. Same case with Brazil. Brazil, much like South Africa, decided not to pursue the nuclear option, but the country has everything it needs to put a bomb together. They already have a small space program in place.

Nah Iran doesn't have the level of engineering and scientific advancement as India. If they did, they would have no trouble making ICBMs and would already have a bomb. They also do not have the expertise of Pakistan , as Pakistan has the bomb and long range missiles. And allegedly Iran asked Pakistan's A.Q. Khan for help with their nuclear program. Pakistan might have gotten NK's help with nuclear weapons. Iran's defense industry is a bit of a joke, so much so that they had to photoshop their propaganda picture of missiles being fired. And their supposed stealth drone looks like a mock-up.

South Africa had a couple of nuclear bombs, which by the way Israel helped them make. Soo hypocritical for Israel to whine about Iran and the threat to Israel when Israel had no qualms about helping Apartheid South Africa get the bomb .

If Iran had the bomb, they would let everyone know, so that Israel,US and Saudi attacking them would be a non-starter. There is no use having a bomb, if others don't know you have it. Israel and its allies in the US have been trying to brainwash the public with their Iran fear-mongering, cause they want the US to attack Iran and install a friendly regime. Israel wants an excuse to attack Iran , just like the US using the lie of WMDs to depose Saddam.

Perhaps the Uranium-235 is more suitable for power stations (if my theory is correct).

That was a good article. Only a small portion of natural uranium is U-235. Less than 1%. The majority is U-238. Separating one from the other is the hard part and it takes a lot of U-238 to get there. Plutonium, Pu-239, is a man made element. It also comes from U-238. Because both U-235 and Pu-239 are such 'unstable' elements they are both ideal for use to run a nuclear reactor and to make an atomic bomb - a thermonuclear (Hydrogen) bomb is a whole other animal and technology. To make a nuclear reactor, the uranium needs to be enriched so that 20% of it is U-235. For nuclear bombs, that figure needs to be nearer 90%. You can dig up ores of natural uranium here in the U.S. and take it home legally. It is U-238. Depleted uranium is so hard that it is used both as armor piercing and armor plating by the U.S. military.

If they did, they would have no trouble making ICBMs and would already have a bomb.

Iran already has ICBMs. They have 4 in particular that are very good.
Link: https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/i...tic-missile-capabilities-170621125051403.html

"Iran has the largest and most diverse ballistic-missile arsenal in the Middle East – could these systems one day be used to launch nuclear weapons?"

Link: https://www.iiss.org/blogs/analysis/2018/02/iran-missiles-nuclear-capable

And allegedly Iran asked Pakistan's A.Q. Khan for help with their nuclear program.

Abdul Qadeer Khan is not as special as people make him out to be. He was a spy for Pakistan while working for the Urenco Group in Amsterdam. He literally copied classified documents relating to bomb making and took it back with him to Pakistan. A lot like what the Israelis did with the Americans when starting their nuclear program. The Israelis even took U.S. uranium with them. Yeah, they are a great ally to have.

Pakistan might have gotten NK's help with nuclear weapons.

I think it was the other way around. Pakistan tested its first nuclear device in 1998. North Korea tested its first nuclear device in 2006.

If Iran had the bomb, they would let everyone know, so that Israel, US and Saudi attacking them would be a non-starter. There is no use having a bomb, if others don't know you have it.

Well, technically Israel has no nuclear weapons. Sneaky Israelis. They don't admit or deny to the possibility. North Korea will now follow that path to be in the good graces of Donald Trump and the U.S., saying they don't have nuclear weapons when in fact those weapons will be extremely well hidden. Plus, why tell your enemy what you have in your arsenal? Keep them guessing. That is what the Soviets and North Korea did for years and it worked. The U.S. spent billions during the Cold War on false assumptions of what the USSR had or did not have. Great propaganda.

Last edited:
'Trinity Test' and 'Fat Man' atom bomb design from 1945 - Plutonium fission:

The explosion symmetrically compressed the plutonium to twice its normal density before the 'Urchin' added free neutrons to initiate a fission chain reaction.
  • An exploding-bridgewire detonator simultaneously starts a detonation wave in each of the 32 tapered high-explosive columns (positioned around the explosive material at the face centers of a truncated icosahedron, a geometry popularly known from the pattern of common soccer balls).
  • The detonation wave (arrows) is initially convex in the...
  • ...faster explosive. The wavefronts become concave in the...
  • ...slower explosive. The 32 waves then merge into a single spherical implosive shock-wave which hits the...
  • ...inner charges' faster explosive.
  • The medium-density aluminum 'pusher' transfers the imploding shock-wave from the low-density explosive to the high-density uranium, minimizing undesirable turbulence. The shock-wave then compresses the inner components, passing through a...
  • ...boron-plastic shell intended to prevent pre-detonation of the bomb by stray neutrons. The shock-wave reaches the center of the bomb, where the...
  • ...beryllium210 polonium 'Urchin' is crushed, pushing the two metals together and thereby releasing a burst of neutrons into the compressed...
  • ...pit of the nickel-plated delta-phase alloy of 239 plutoniumgallium. A fission chain reaction then begins. The tendency of the fissioning pit to blow itself apart prematurely is reduced by the inward momentum of the...
  • ...natural-uranium 'tamper'. The tamper also reflects neutrons back into the pit, accelerating the chain reaction. If and when sufficient fast neutrons are produced, the tamper itself undergoes fission, accounting for up to 20% of the weapon's yield.
* Note: Super-critical mass must be achieved before a fission chain reaction can occur. That is the tricky part of the process, and to think none of this information is classified. ;)

The result was the fission of about 2.2 lbs of the 13.6 lbs of plutonium in the pit -- of about 16% of the fissile material present. 1 gram of matter in the bomb is converted into the active energy of heat and radiation, releasing the energy equivalent to the detonation of 21 kilotons of TNT.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Man

Last edited:
If Liberia said all this I would believe it more than Israel saying it lol. I just don’t trust Bibi when it comes to Iran and nukes.

I don’t think Pakistan is selling their shit all willy nilly and either is NK. I believe some in this thread think it’s like buying candy or cloths when you wanna buy material to produce weapons. It’s simply not that easy.

The explosion symmetrically compressed the plutonium to twice its normal density before the 'Urchin' added free neutrons to initiate a fission chain reaction.
  • An exploding-bridgewire detonator simultaneously starts a detonation wave in each of the 32 tapered high-explosive columns (positioned around the explosive material at the face centers of a truncated icosahedron, a geometry popularly known from the pattern of common soccer balls).
  • ...slower explosive. The 32 waves then merge into a single spherical implosive shock-wave which hits the...
  • The medium-density aluminum 'pusher' transfers the imploding shock-wave from the low-density explosive to the high-density uranium, minimizing undesirable turbulence. The shock-wave then compresses the inner components, passing through a...
  • ...boron-plastic shell intended to prevent pre-detonation of the bomb by stray neutrons. The shock-wave reaches the center of the bomb, where the...
  • ...beryllium210 polonium 'Urchin' is crushed, pushing the two metals together and thereby releasing a burst of neutrons into the compressed...
  • ...pit of the nickel-plated delta-phase alloy of 239 plutoniumgallium. A fission chain reaction then begins. The tendency of the fissioning pit to blow itself apart prematurely is reduced by the inward momentum of the...
  • ...natural-uranium 'tamper'. The tamper also reflects neutrons back into the pit, accelerating the chain reaction. If and when sufficient fast neutrons are produced, the tamper itself undergoes fission, accounting for up to 20% of the weapon's yield.
* Note: Super-critical mass must be achieved before a fission chain reaction can occur. That is the tricky part of the process, and to think none of this information is classified. ;)

The result was the fission of about 2.2 lbs of the 13.6 lbs of plutonium in the pit -- of about 16% of the fissile material present. 1 gram of matter in the bomb is converted into the active energy of heat and radiation, releasing the energy equivalent to the detonation of 21 kilotons of TNT.

LOL, the Iranians can just read Wiki to learn nuke making. I am sure Youtube be a big help too. Or at least it will point them in the right direction.

Nah Iran doesn't have the level of engineering and scientific advancement as India. If they did, they would have no trouble making ICBMs and would already have a bomb. They also do not have the expertise of Pakistan , as Pakistan has the bomb and long range missiles. And allegedly Iran asked Pakistan's A.Q. Khan for help with their nuclear program. Pakistan might have gotten NK's help with nuclear weapons. Iran's defense industry is a bit of a joke, so much so that they had to photoshop their propaganda picture of missiles being fired. And their supposed stealth drone looks like a mock-up.

South Africa had a couple of nuclear bombs, which by the way Israel helped them make. Soo hypocritical for Israel to whine about Iran and the threat to Israel when Israel had no qualms about helping Apartheid South Africa get the bomb .

If Iran had the bomb, they would let everyone know, so that Israel,US and Saudi attacking them would be a non-starter. There is no use having a bomb, if others don't know you have it. Israel and its allies in the US have been trying to brainwash the public with their Iran fear-mongering, cause they want the US to attack Iran and install a friendly regime. Israel wants an excuse to attack Iran , just like the US using the lie of WMDs to depose Saddam.
The only issue I have with your point, which I think is very valid; is delivery system. You can have as many nukes as you want but if you don't have a viable way to deliver it other than some dumb poor schmuck driving it in a semi it isn't of much use other than as a last ditch "fuck you" after your country has been taken over.
Equating the Iranian aviation and missile industry with their nuclear program isn't really an apples to apples comparison, from an technical standpoint the first two are harder than the the third. Hell India built a bomb but they have yet to produce a successful indigenous military aircraft, same with Pakistan.
The other issue is IF Iran has a nuke the big fear would be them unleashing it by proxy through most likely some terrorist organization, the secrecy of having a bomb would be essential to their deniability of association if it takes place. "wow, that was terrible and you know we didn't have anything to do with it because we don't have any nukes. It was probably the Jews pulling off a false flag operation, you KNOW they have nukes" or something along those lines.

great, now you just made the first step to making Sherdog a nuclear power. Now the world is really screwed:)

The only issue I have with your point, which I think is very valid; is delivery system. You can have as many nukes as you want but if you don't have a viable way to deliver it other than some dumb poor schmuck driving it in a semi it isn't of much use other than as a last ditch "fuck you" after your country has been taken over.
Equating the Iranian aviation and missile industry with their nuclear program isn't really an apples to apples comparison, from an technical standpoint the first two are harder than the the third. Hell India built a bomb but they have yet to produce a successful indigenous military aircraft, same with Pakistan.
The other issue is IF Iran has a nuke the big fear would be them unleashing it by proxy through most likely some terrorist organization, the secrecy of having a bomb would be essential to their deniability of association if it takes place. "wow, that was terrible and you know we didn't have anything to do with it because we don't have any nukes. It was probably the Jews pulling off a false flag operation, you KNOW they have nukes" or something along those lines.
India has indigenous long range missiles, capable of reaching Eastern China, but they don't have an indigenous 4+ generation fighter. Making a modern fighter is a lot harder than making a missile. Even China , who has ICBMs , can't make a wholly indigenous fighter on par with anything produced by the West or Russia.

The argument that Iran could just give a bomb to a terrorist group is just excuse invention by Israel to justify an attack. Any group setting of a bomb they got from Iran would be considered the same as Iran launching the bomb itself, and consequently Iran would get nuked in retaliation. The West is not going to sit back and let Iran off the hook just because they didn't directly launch the bomb themselves. The real reason Israel wants to attack Iran, is for their support of Hezbollah. Israel must be thinking thinking that if they were in Iran's position they would definitely want a bomb so Iran must want one too. Even if Iran gets the bomb, it doesn't mean they are going to use it, afterall India, Pakistan, China, Russia haven't used theirs. What the Israelis and Saudis fear is that if Iran gets the bomb they have less leverage to push Iran around and enact regime change.

India has indigenous long range missiles, capable of reaching Eastern China, but they don't have an indigenous 4+ generation fighter. Making a modern fighter is a lot harder than making a missile. Even China , who has ICBMs , can't make a wholly indigenous fighter on par with anything produced by the West or Russia.

The argument that Iran could just give a bomb to a terrorist group is just excuse invention by Israel to justify an attack. Any group setting of a bomb they got from Iran would be considered the same as Iran launching the bomb itself, and consequently Iran would get nuked in retaliation. The West is not going to sit back and let Iran off the hook just because they didn't directly launch the bomb themselves. The real reason Israel wants to attack Iran, is for their support of Hezbollah. Israel must be thinking thinking that if they were in Iran's position they would definitely want a bomb so Iran must want one too. Even if Iran gets the bomb, it doesn't mean they are going to use it, afterall India, Pakistan, China, Russia haven't used theirs. What the Israelis and Saudis fear is that if Iran gets the bomb they have less leverage to push Iran around and enact regime change.
I get what you're saying, the problem with "if a terrorist uses a nuke supplied by Iran" is that if there is no proof Iran has a nuke how are you going to prove it was them that provided it? They benefit from the W Bush WMD fiasco, people now want more proof than just some claims of "yellow cake". They're MO is similar to Israel's, they would claim it was Israelis responsible and trying to blame them as a false flag. They both have gone to their perspective wells too many times for anyone to be surprised. Also as long as they keep the bomb underwraps it gives them deniability in regards to sanctions against their nuke program.
I'm not saying they are going to use it the second they have it, but the Iranians are much more prone to fight through proxy than directly, that's why it's kind of a joke when people say "Iran doesn't attack anyone militarily" they don't get involved directly, they use Hezbollah and other groups for that purpose. If an all out war broke out between Israel and Iran they would have to use the proxy attacks to get at Israel, they have no real estate friendly to their forces to navigate. If it got serious enough I could see them trying to discreetly ship a device to a sympathetic group, I think their biggest risk would be the transport of the device that's when they would most likely be exposed as the source.
I do think that Iran is taking a very big risk in that they have upped their antagonism to Arab states to the point that some are actually turning to Israel as a potential ally. Which is something I would be worried about if I were Iran, that's like giving your worst enemy the key to your front porch.

Because *gasp* maybe Israel is lying and Iran isnt looking to get a bomb... yet.

Back