Parents Lose Custody Of Child For Refusing To Support Transgenderism

Wow, thanks for the cliffs notes. Why am I not surprised that context was massively lacking in the OP?
Or try reading the article yourself, rather that taking someone else's take on it at face value.

Wow, thanks for the cliffs notes. Why am I not surprised that context was massively lacking in the OP?
Well, I'm relying on local news, not on the dailywire's deliberately inflammatory presentation of it.

Also TS is probably a troll.

I'm not an expert on hormones or hormone treatment but is it really fully reversible? I would imagine injecting hormones into a teenager could have long term effects since they are still developing. IIRC the endocrine system doesn't stop developing until the mid 20s and if so the injection of exogenous hormones during that period of development could have long term effects.

Horomones have permanent effects on adults. No reason they don't act the same way on kids to some degree even if their endocrine system is less sensitive to them overall.

No one has done any kind of long term study on this as far as I know. But if some people do have male or female brains, you can scan for that. The human brain is sexually dimorphic.

Horomones have permanent effects on adults. No reason they don't act the same way on kids to some degree even if their endocrine system is less sensitive to them overall.

No one has done any kind of long term study on this as far as I know. But if some people do have male or female brains, you can scan for that. The human brain is sexually dimorphic.
If anything I'm arguing that hormones might have more effect on kids. Hormones influence our development and if you start injecting outside hormones into a kid who is still developing that might change the way he develops.

Adults in their late 20s are more or less fully developed, from there change is generally age related. So for them I imagine there would be less of an effect from the HRT than for a kid whose hormones are in flux.

The parents were fighting for custody of their daughter back from the state in an effort to stop potential transgender hormone treatment.

Thread title is bullshit. Grandparents support the girl/boy. Crazy religious parents lost custody previously and were trying to get it back just because they didn't want her becoming a boy.

I don't support transgenderism but this thread and it's title are just wrong. And if you think the identities being withheld isn't so any other important details about why the grandparents would have custody are excluded, you're wrong.

Last edited:
I'm not an expert on hormones or hormone treatment but is it really fully reversible? I would imagine injecting hormones into a teenager could have long term effects since they are still developing. IIRC the endocrine system doesn't stop developing until the mid 20s and if so the injection of exogenous hormones during that period of development could have long term effects.
You should ask USA Olympics for details on what hormones do for teenagers.

You should ask USA Olympics for details on what hormones do for teenagers.
Funny you bring that up. I think most of us would think that administering steroids to a teenager is wrong and yet hormone therapy for kids seems to be on the rise. Obviously they're not the same thing but in a general sense we're talking about injecting exogenous hormones into still developing teenagers. Not good me think.

@HomerThompson
@AnGrYcRoW
@Quipling
@nac386

for the judge to rule in favor of the daughter, it would be interesting to see if there is a legal explanation on the rights of an 'almost adult' to make some of their own decisions, or if this an individual judge conclusion/discretion.

@HomerThompson
@AnGrYcRoW
@Quipling
@nac386

for the judge to rule in favor of the daughter, it would be interesting to see if there is a legal explanation on the rights of an 'almost adult' to make some of their own decisions, or if this an individual judge conclusion/discretion.
The fact the young person is almost of age should come into play I would think .

The fact the young person is almost of age should come into play I would think .

yeah, at some point, even young people get autonomy over what they do with their body.

Back in my day kids needed parental permission to get a tattoo if you were under 18, SMH.

And by "Back in my day" I mean 5 years ago. Strange times we live in...

Back in my day kids needed parental permission to get a tattoo if you were under 18, SMH.

And by "Back in my day" I mean 5 years ago. Strange times we live in...
This whole case is about parental permission

This whole case is about parental permission
Yeah, the parents said no and the government stepped in along with medical professionals saying transitioning "is a matter of life or death" for the kid.

Sounds like a crock of shit to me.

<{vega}>

They should not have told that girl she was a girl. It was the wrong thing to do.

The future of America is psychologists working at Facebook sending a team of lawyers to your house to confiscate your kids and cut their dicks off.
Mental health is going to be the next dotcom explosion. There aren't going to be enough mental health pros to handle all of whats coming in 20 years.

Eh the kid is 17. Even though I think it's the wrong decision he/she can do whatever the hell it wants at that age to itself and regret it later. 15 or younger nothing like this should ever be allowed.

Yeah, the parents said no and the government stepped in along with medical professionals saying transitioning "is a matter of life or death" for the kid.

<{vega}>

From my understanding, the parents don't have custody of the child. That is where the issue is. The legal guardian is ok with the procedure, whereas the paternal parents, who lost custody of the child disagree.

This shit is mental illness. Whoever thinks this is “progressive” needs a fucking reality check.

<{vega}>
Not exactly, kid was already living with the grandparents and the parents sound a bit messed up

Back