Parker vs Joshua confirmed

Who wins?

• Parker

• Joshua

Results are only viewable after voting.
Parker is overrated imo. Fury beats both if he ever screws his head on but AJ wont have much issue here. Wide decision or late stop

It depends what you mean. Joshua can continue to make big paydays without Wilder, but Wilder is clearly the biggest fight at HW for him except for maybe Fury (and Wilder will bring more attention from the American market which might pay off for him more in the long run), and he offers the possibility of a unification (being the unified champion of the world will definitely help Joshua). So it's not really essential for Joshua to fight Wilder if all Joshua is concerned about is continuing to collect big paycheques, but the payoff of fighting and beating Wilder is substantial.

If you're talking legacy / resume, Wilder is a valuable opponent.
But the argument was based on economical reasoning. And in relation to that Wilder is pretty much worthless for AJ.

I also question wether it'd do something for AJ on the US market. Wilder is not a star, not a draw.

As far as the unification goes: Nobody cares wether AJ has one more belt around his waist...eventually he'll have to turn down a mandatory challenger down the road and drop one of his belts anyway.

He needs Wilder and vice versa. He also need to beat Parker. You can't last forever fighting bums or the fans will slowly go away.

No matter how huge AJ is, he knows and said it himself to be a worldwide superstar you have to make it in the states. The money also better if you become a US ppv star.

Actually neither need each other, its us fans that are clamouring for the fight so its gonna be a big prize. Wilder im sure is more desperate for the fight now simply because his counterpart is earning huge sums of money compared to himself. He also doesn't get the same level of respect as Joshua which must be frustrating
Most other divisions have multiple champions without the need to fight each other. It is a sad state of affairs in all honesty but HW is no different.

With a Wilder fight in sight? Where does Wilder draw?
Joshua and Wilder are the consensus #1 and 2. Which will be reinforced if they both win their upcoming fights.
If they can't sell two unbeaten heavyweight titleholders, who both happen to be bangers, what can they sell?

Joshua within six by TKO/KO. I don't get any of the hype for Parker at all. Sloppy fighter and seems to coast sometimes.

Joshua.

I think he will be too big and strong for Parker, who I think will have a swarming strategy, but with not enough of a big punch or defensive skills to trouble AJ, so he'll get picked off and stopped late.

Also, a potential contender of KOTY will be on the undercard with Alexander Povetkin vs David Price. Hearn could be selling the UK audience as a future AJ challenger.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/42722532

I'll be watching this through my fingers, awaiting the inevitable.

Joshua.

I think he will be too big and strong for Parker, who I think will have a swarming strategy, but with not enough of a big punch or defensive skills to trouble AJ, so he'll get picked off and stopped late.

Also, a potential contender of KOTY will be on the undercard with Alexander Povetkin vs David Price. Hearn could be selling the UK audience as a future AJ challenger.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/42722532

I'll be watching this through my fingers, awaiting the inevitable.

Jesus Christ, Price is going to get fucking creamed

Why? People made a big deal about Takam giving Joshua some issues, but Takam arguably beat Parker (same with Ruiz Jr.).

Parker's style matches well with Joshua and it will come down to strategy.

They're putting Price in with Povetkin? Jesus, that's not good for Price's brain.

Back