Parkland deputy who waited outside during shootings receiving $8,700 monthly pension.

I bet the teachers barely get half what he does plus having to buy their own supplies and shit. Imagine paying the people who shape your children minds less than a manager at McDonald's.

he had over 30 years as a peace officer. dont blame him for his pension, blame the unions that fight for police officers to have generous pensions.

A lot of retards itt

He worked as an officer for 32 years. It's not really surprising he had accrued that salary, that's a long ass time.

Learn to read.

A lot of government employees work 30-40 years in the same job and don't see anywhere near that kind of money.

Look at public school teachers.

he had over 30 years as a peace officer. dont blame him for his pension, blame the unions that fight for police officers to have generous pensions.

I don't begrudge cops for having strong unions. My issue is wages being depressed in other fields of employment.

A lot of government employees work 30-40 years in the same job and don't see anywhere near that kind of money.
Yeah, different jobs make different money, and some have stronger unions that fight for more money.

It's not complicated

Yeah, different jobs make different money, and some have stronger unions that fight for more money.

It's not complicated

More than you're making out.

A lot of public sector unions have had their collective bargaining rights diminished or stripped entirely by lawmakers.

Cops and firefighters are exempted for political reasons.

E.G. Wisconsin. Scott Walker and the Republicans in that state crushed all public unions except for cops and firefighters.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...cle_c8900f50-38c7-11e1-a949-0019bb2963f4.html

Blame the lawmakers, then.

I do, and the fucking idiots who vote for politicians that slash public sector wages in favor of corporate welfare and tax breaks for the rich.

How the hell can he be getting that much for being just a security officer? His wage was insane aswell considering he was just on a school campus.

You yanks are swimming in it lol
Maybe overtime?
Quite a lot of Law Enforcement and Fire Fighters make out like bandits.

He needs that money so that he can get home to his family and have a decent dinner, instead of Ramen and Beans.

Look at public school teachers.

lol

Do you know any recently retired public school teachers who put in 30-40 years? I do. Several. They get six-figure pensions or right at it. Buddy in Chi-Town 'burb retired at 57 and was at 130-something thousand teaching HS. About 4 years ago. He started collecting 108,000 cash pension and gets an increase every year. If he lives until 87 he'll make 10X more in 30 years of retirement than he did actually working for 35 years. It's a beautiful model. If you're him. Now if you're a taxpayer,...

Would be nice if unions in private fields could establish similar benefits.

I don't begrudge cops for having strong unions. My issue is wages being depressed in other fields of employment.

school unions need to step up their game. school districts need to get rid of administrators and the useless bureaucracy. teachers are often coming in early and staying late to help out kids but dont get the OT, and also take home a lot of work (grading, etc). most school staff and admin pull a 40 hour work week and make more pay. if they get rid of a lot of those positions, they could use the offsets in funds to supplement the teacher income.

Surely some skilled lawyer can get some victims' families to sue him and get some of his pension. He had a duty to protect and serve. He was grossly negligent. People were harmed and killed.

i disagree; one cop wouldnt have made a difference.
I don't care. He should have done his fucking job. I'm sick and tired of no one taking responsibility for anything. Fuck that guy. I hope a bird shits in his eye, and he dies slowly from a bacterial infection.

Are we talking gross pay or net? If he's netting 8k a month, that is around 150k I imagine.
It’s gross.

Cops make money on OT and clearly he was at top step based on years of service. The outrage stems by the fact he did little to nothing when he was needed. Lol at cop haters on this forum. Is there even a thread on the cop who stopped a school shooting today?

I think pensions are untouchable. If memory serves, OJ was going to get his pensions from both NFL and SAG (screen actor's guild for TV/movies) and they couldn't be touched by the $50M civil suit award.

So I don't think they can sue him and get any of that. His other assets maybe, but not his pension.

I think pensions are untouchable. If memory serves, OJ was going to get his pensions from both NFL and SAG (screen actor's guild for TV/movies) and they couldn't be touched by the $50M civil suit award.

So I don't think they can sue him and get any of that. His other assets maybe, but not his pension.
<mma4>

Back