Pat Curran V A.J. McKee set for Bellator 205

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
760243A8-A527-460C-8D55-0734BC5B2F78.png

Huge step up for McKee. I honestly don’t think he is getting past Curran.

Great fight, can’t wait to see how A.J. does against top competition!

Awesome! I've got AJ, he was brought up perfectly in my opinion in terms of competition level in this sport.

Good fight, finally getting a real test.

also Salter/Lovato is very good fight, should be for a title shot.

I know Pat Curran hasn't been the same since like 2014, but godamnit I hope he fucking wins.

He's is on a three fight win streak, but it feels like he hasn't won a fight in a long time for some reason.

I always figured McKee would take the step up in competition before Gallagher.

Good fight, finally getting a real test.

also Salter/Lovato is very good fight, should be for a title shot.
they signed machida, so you know that salter/lavato are going to get screwed out of another title shot.

Not really imo, they making McKee jump from level 4 to 8.
I feel like he is ready, has put in the time vs opponents of appropriate level and is ready for a step up. I think AJ will be a small betting favorite entering the fight.

Edit: second thought Curran is a small favorite.

I know Pat Curran hasn't been the same since like 2014, but godamnit I hope he fucking wins.

He's is on a three fight win streak, but it feels like he hasn't won a fight in a long time for some reason.
he simply isnt active enough, which is one of bellator's problems imo.

curran hasn't fought in such a long time that i don't whom he fought last. I think it was Macapa if my memory serves me right. Curran looked good in that fight.

Composed, patient, and crisp. Picked Macapa apart the entire fight iirc.

that said, patience is also Curran's downfall. He is the type of fighter who will never take risks. if the fight is going his way, he remains patient and take the victory. if the fight isn't going his way, he rides the loss out. never going for broke or never fighting with a true sense of urgency.

Still, I don't think mckee is ready for curran. McKee is talented and athletic, but he is lacking in
Basic fundamentals if you ask me. He looks great until he gasses. You then start seeing the technical flaws in his game.

I feel that Curran will expose those technical flaws. This potential loss will only help McKee grow as a fighter though, as it will highlight where he needs work.

Good fight but Curran takes it probably by guillotine when AJ goes in for a sloppy TD.

Big test for McKee

Lovato vs salter should be for the #1 spot

Want AJ to win because Curran isnt active enough, he's had his time, its better for hte new kids coming up to build up off the backs of the old and become fresh fights for champs.

I dont think even if he wins this fight that AJ is ready for Pitbull but after Sanchez gets his shot if Caldwell isnt staying at FW who else would there be for PItbull to fight? Aj would be it. This is a tough fight for him, Curran may not be in his prime like he was years ago but he's still a tough out for anyone coming up.

they signed machida, so you know that salter/lavato are going to get screwed out of another title shot.

Rumor is Machida/Davis at LHW might happen so that clears the way for the winner of this fight.

Kind of surprised if thats true, Storm/Machida would have been what I'd have done at MW and yeah it sucks for these guys but Machida if he beat STorm would be the next contender.

he simply isnt active enough, which is one of bellator's problems imo.

curran hasn't fought in such a long time that i don't whom he fought last. I think it was Macapa if my memory serves me right. Curran looked good in that fight.

Composed, patient, and crisp. Picked Macapa apart the entire fight iirc.

that said, patience is also Curran's downfall. He is the type of fighter who will never take risks. if the fight is going his way, he remains patient and take the victory. if the fight isn't going his way, he rides the loss out. never going for broke or never fighting with a true sense of urgency.

Still, I don't think mckee is ready for curran. McKee is talented and athletic, but he is lacking in
Basic fundamentals if you ask me. He looks great until he gasses. You then start seeing the technical flaws in his game.

I feel that Curran will expose those technical flaws. This potential loss will only help McKee grow as a fighter though, as it will highlight where he needs work.
Great assessment.

I hope McKee pushes Curran to where we see that killer from 2012 come back to life. The one that demolished Warren and Sandro. I still remember him knocking down Georgi and deciding to just wrestle him. I'm damn sure Tournament-Curran would have finished Georgi, no doubt.

I honestly don't know who wins this one. Curran looked so-so in his last fights, besides Macapa. McKee hasn't faced anyone like Curran. Not even close.

$50 increase in ticket prices for front row compared to Bellator 155, which at least had a title fight on it(albeit the worst title fight ever)

Fights like this make me wish Bellator adopted the 5 round main event stipulation but then they put on fights where Noad Lahats the main event like wtf Scott?

Back