PATH OF EXILE Official Thread, v1: Serious Improvements Coming Out

Should have been added in the patch you guys just got.

"Added the ability to equip and swap between a 2nd weapon setup. To swap between sets, hold the Right Trigger and click the Right Stick down. Gems socketed in alternate weapon sets will gain experience and level up like other socketed gems, but cannot be used."
thanks
haven't played in a week w/ the new BF1 dlc dropping so haven't tried the new Atlas expansion

Just figured I would give you guys a heads up. Chris Wilson allowed some workers to work an extra day to all chip in and make an April Fools game mode, which pits you against 99 other players to see who comes out on top.

Its PoE + PUBG, for real. They threw this thing together and its fun as hell. Of course its not even close to balanced, but it is fun none the less.

Give it a try if your interested. Winner of a match gets a "Roa roasting over a pit" MTX, which is sort of a chicken dinner.

GGG is pretty awesome.

...yeahhhh.

this backfired on them. they shat on pvp so much that they made it an april fool's day joke, not expecting people to actually like it.

now the peons/casuals want pvp. meanwhile, the pvp community that's told ggg this shit for the last ~3 years is kind of irritated to see more confirmation of what ggg thinks of the players.

If you are a former player, this league is (imo) the best one yet.

Nice. I'd love to get back into the game but I can't do that campaign anymore.

Goddamnit I have like fifty games I paid money for collecting dust I can't play a free to play game more!

it's just the same decline. even more power creep, so the game is even easier than ever.

literally every time they do this, people come out of the woodwork to praise the slot machine that it is. the 'best leagues' are just the pathofnetflix mindlessly click and repeat for 3 months.

and now with tencent, so you can boost your social credit!

it's just the same decline. even more power creep, so the game is even easier than ever.

literally every time they do this, people come out of the woodwork to praise the slot machine that it is. the 'best leagues' are just the pathofnetflix mindlessly click and repeat for 3 months.

and now with tencent, so you can boost your social credit!

You sound mad, the game is a soft mtx f2p and if you are suggesting it used to be better, that is completely laughable.

Powercreep is something you can control... Dont play op builds like BV, Cyclone, HoWA ST, BF, KBB, etc, try new stuff, play SSF. The game is a hell of a lot more fun now than it used to be. When I started, Shavs were 150ex and even something just ok like a 6S5L Pledge was 10ex, prices were completely out of control.

Consider the fact that according to Steam, only .5% of players have beat uber atziri, and .9 have beat shaper. If power creep was as bad as you say, that number should be much, much higher.

You sound mad, the game is a soft mtx f2p and if you are suggesting it used to be better, that is completely laughable.

Powercreep is something you can control... Dont play op builds like BV, Cyclone, HoWA ST, BF, KBB, etc, try new stuff, play SSF. The game is a hell of a lot more fun now than it used to be. When I started, Shavs were 150ex and even something just ok like a 6S5L Pledge was 10ex, prices were completely out of control.

Consider the fact that according to Steam, only .5% of players have beat uber atziri, and .9 have beat shaper. If power creep was as bad as you say, that number should be much, much higher.

lolwut? the game's competitive. so... no, not really. i can't limit other players' abuse of mechanics, so handicapping oneself isn't really a viable option. also, the builds you listed aren't even top 10. they were meta builds from like 3 years ago.

the game was at its peak during sacrifice of the veil, since then it's just gotten dumber and dumber (as in, literally). the devs literally changed the game to make it suitable for watching netflix while playing. and also since around that time, the balance (or lack thereof) has only hit levels of sheer idiocy. ie: zerphi's.

wtf does power creep have to do with people who play for 12 minutes? herp derp. the power creep is real and factual, whether you want to believe it or not. from ascendancies to itemization, the amount of power increase is gigantic.

ffs, the new affixes give t0+ rolls that ALSO have ele pen. it gets more broken with every patch. the game hasn't been challenging in many years now.

People bitching about power creep in games like this don't make sense. Literally games as a service survive by adding new power and new challenges for said power. This allows everyone from scrubs to elite players to continue enjoying the game. Some dude somewhere is going to kill atziri for the first time this season you jackholes :p

People bitching about power creep in games like this don't make sense. Literally games as a service survive by adding new power and new challenges for said power. This allows everyone from scrubs to elite players to continue enjoying the game. Some dude somewhere is going to kill atziri for the first time this season you jackholes :p

new content hardly requires more OP items, and the new tiers/etc iss generally just carrot-on-a-sticking the playerbase.

and it would be great if there actually were challenges... but the power creep was/is so vast that literally everything in the game is trivialized.

the video i posted was of a bug - not only was that the hardest boss fight in the game, but the bug doubled the bosses. and not only was it still stupidly easy, but we can intentionally just stand in all of the damage and tank it, anyway.

ffs, i can murder the hardest content... while afk.

new content hardly requires more OP items, and the new tiers/etc iss generally just carrot-on-a-sticking the playerbase.

and it would be great if there actually were challenges... but the power creep was/is so vast that literally everything in the game is trivialized.

the video i posted was of a bug - not only was that the hardest boss fight in the game, but the bug doubled the bosses. and not only was it still stupidly easy, but we can intentionally just stand in all of the damage and tank it, anyway.

ffs, i can murder the hardest content... while afk.

The ironic thing about that is they mega nerfed ES in 3.0 so it's not like what you are saying is always true. They have certainly nerfed things along the way that dramatically changed play.

I cant take anything you say seriously.

First off, the video you posted is not even remotely an indication of the experience of 99% of the player base... using builds that cost 50 exalts and complaining about power creep is like using a F1 car in a race where everyone else drives at best a stock mustang and complaining how easy it is.

Second, I'll tack on with what Echo said. Are you a competitive ladder player who has won a demi's? If you are, cool... but your gaming experience is not that of the average player. If you are not, perhaps you should stfu and just play for fun.

Also, Zerphis got nerfed, and Im surprised it took this long. Echo can vouch for me abusing that mechanic back in Essence league, although I used Kitavas thirst for the extra casts, Soulthirst, and a Saturated Sanctified Flask... 21 second soul eater for clearing or 12 seconds of immortality to anything but a 1 shot.

You want to know what real power creep is? Go play an mmo. Take WoW, during WoTLK, I could solo pretty much every 40 man raid in vanilla, save for the few that had a mechanic requiring a second player, those I could dual box, easily. I could do this with nearly everything in BC as well.

EQ is far worse. I could pull entire zones where a few adds used to wipe raids and AE them down solo, with zero raid items.

Insane items most players will never see or that become legacy and gather dust in standard is not a good indicator of the state of the game.

lolwut? the game's competitive. so... no, not really. i can't limit other players' abuse of mechanics, so handicapping oneself isn't really a viable option. also, the builds you listed aren't even top 10. they were meta builds from like 3 years ago.

the game was at its peak during sacrifice of the veil, since then it's just gotten dumber and dumber (as in, literally). the devs literally changed the game to make it suitable for watching netflix while playing. and also since around that time, the balance (or lack thereof) has only hit levels of sheer idiocy. ie: zerphi's.

wtf does power creep have to do with people who play for 12 minutes? herp derp. the power creep is real and factual, whether you want to believe it or not. from ascendancies to itemization, the amount of power increase is gigantic.

ffs, the new affixes give t0+ rolls that ALSO have ele pen. it gets more broken with every patch. the game hasn't been challenging in many years now.

The player base is growing. Then there is you. Obviously it isn't the game for you any longer, but more people like it and are playing it now than ever before.

Level 83 on my Arc Trapper. Pretty happy that I skipped Beast league to play Incursion. I usually stick around for 1-2 leagues, then take off a league.

They do so much with their content additions, skill revamps, class revamps, etc in the course of 3-4 months time that it's insane. Not many other game companies are this dedicated and ambitious.

Will probably make a Double Strike character after this, then perhaps a BV or RF toon, or maybe back to Poet's Pen again.... I dunno....

The ironic thing about that is they mega nerfed ES in 3.0 so it's not like what you are saying is always true. They have certainly nerfed things along the way that dramatically changed play.

...wtf are you talking about? they buffed life and made zerphi's stronger than ever. i don't see how a few nerfs means that the trend of power creep on top of power creep is somehow not real/true. and it's not like weapons got nerfed, ever. just new/higher/more OP tiers.

I cant take anything you say seriously.

First off, the video you posted is not even remotely an indication of the experience of 99% of the player base... using builds that cost 50 exalts and complaining about power creep is like using a F1 car

wow.

1. just because you/"99%" suck doesn't mean the facts i stated are somehow not factual.
2. 50 ex? REALLLY?! THAT'S what you think is such a high, unrealistic figure? well, you just showed how experienced/knowledgeable you are about poe. ...not at all.

Are you a competitive ladder player who has won a demi's?

duh. (but wait...)

If you are, cool... but your gaming experience is not that of the average player. If you are not, perhaps you should stfu and just play for fun.

hahahahahhaa.

so you ask that dumb question - and then dismiss both possible answers, anyway. gold. 'you either suck or you're too good to have your opinion count!!!' - lolwut?

The player base is growing. Then there is you. Obviously it isn't the game for you any longer, but more people like it and are playing it now than ever before.

...the game is also owned by the biggest investment firm on the planet (and maker of social credit! yay!) - tencent. it had better be growing.

the thing is, much of the new players are RMT.

(if you didn't know, ggg sold out to tencent)

What does the league consist of? Is that just another word for new levels amd items? I haven't played this game in a year.

Back