Paul Ryan’s going away present to America.

He does lie to us. He lies to everyone.... everyday. He is the most dishonest president we have ever had by far.
He is probably the most dishonest president the world has ever seen. Bad guys like Duterte do bad stuff but they don't lie about it. Trump lies even about the good things.

Republican House, Republican Senate, Republican President...andddd an INCREASE of the deficit.

Conservative party.
<36>

Hes a republican not a libertarian. Most R's are garbage cunts and are pro big government. Need a guy like Ron Paul in there to slash the fuckout of spending.

Cutting taxes is good, but you also need to cut spending

Paul Ryan is going to need life long round the clock armed security.

His wife and kids are about to hate him with every bone in their bodies.

Hope the money was worth it.

But..but..but..Obama...

Is Obama a Republican?
Is he from the so-called fiscally conservative party?

Lol and let's pretend that Obama just racked up that debt by himself. Had nothing to do with the financial institution and industries collapses, and the 2 wars that Bush left him with.

I expect Democrats to run up the bill. They are about taxing and spending. Republicans have no excuse.

We can't just one year cut all the spending that Obama had planned for years. That would tank the economy. You have to ratchet it down year by year. But yes, I'm very disappointed that Republican controlled house, senante and white house have not worked towards that. The worst part is voting dem won't help the budget either because they campaign on MORE government spending.

We can't just one year cut all the spending that Obama had planned for years. That would tank the economy. You have to ratchet it down year by year. But yes, I'm very disappointed that Republican controlled house, senante and white house have not worked towards that. The worst part is voting dem won't help the budget either because they campaign on MORE government spending.

{<jordan}

<JRSmith40>

And yet everyone ignores that Obama himself is responsible for a very large portion of the deficit due to his $9 TRILLION he added to the debt.

Obama had the greatest financial crisis since the great depression to deal with.. Obama saved the economy (and auto industry)

Trump has a booming economy and low unemployment.. Trump gave a historic large tax break to his rich friends.

One is not like the other you hack

Last edited:

Yes but at least the programs and initiatives the D put out tend to benefit the average voter, not giving the rich a tax break.

Actually they got rid of the individual mandate and kept the ACA. Basically just looking for new ways to increase the deficit more.

Getting rid of the mandate sounds like a good idea but will cost much more for families an individuals for health insurance. The reason for the mandate was to have more healthy people get insurance to offset rate hikes on older insurance recipients.

This works in two ways by lowering individual insurance costs an also the costs the states an the federal government pick up. Republicans knee jerk reaction is to tear it down piece by piece but they do not understand the ramifications on individuals an families.

If Democrats want to win on a plan for deficit spending work on prescription drugs rates the government pays an more accountability for medical professionals.

There are a lot of doctors who have been as an example taking on drug trials of new experimental drugs for patients. The problem is they receive additional compensation to participate in the trial.

We need to look into this compensation structure an how it effects these trials. We can also look at the rate structure an determine different rates for older drugs then newer drug lines.

This is just one small example of how the can move forward. It's a win win for both parties.

Which spending are you talking about that Obama had planned with the help of his friends in the republican controlled congress?

The republicans still plan to be fiscally responsible. They would like to raise retirement age, cut medicare and medicaid and any programs that help the needy and poor. They would also like to gut social security.

They plan to be fiscally responsible but we are not going to like the way in which they choose to do it.

The GOP of the last 8 years has been tremendously disappointing. Since gaining control in 2010, they have completely failed to live up to the standards that they espoused during the Reagan years, the Bush I years, the Clinton years.

They haven't reined in spending. They haven't practiced good governance. They haven't tried to solve any problems. Senate, House and WH and the only thing they actually managed to accomplish was to increase the debt through an unnecessary tax cut. They didn't even really try to repeal the ACA. It would have hurt the country to do so but at least it would have been consistent with their stated beliefs. I could continue respecting the consistency.

There is no party for true conservatives anymore.
I think this post is very good and spot on, but I always got the impression Paul Ryan really believed what he preached (wanted to kill big government programs and cut taxes). I just think he failed at getting the spending cuts and ACA repeal he wanted.

In my view he's been consistent but as you point out the party was not. And it's ironic that he leaves knowing he has increased deficits which is the opposite of his stated goal, which I believe really was his primary intention.

I think this post is very good and spot on, but I always got the impression Paul Ryan really believed what he preached (wanted to kill big government programs and cut taxes). I just think he failed at getting the spending cuts and ACA repeal he wanted.

In my view he's been consistent but as you point out the party was not. And it's ironic that he leaves knowing he has increased deficits which is the opposite of his stated goal, which I believe really was his primary intention.
I think he believed it too. But by the end, the GOP simply stopped being about principle and I think that applies to him too.

Maybe he didn't abandon his principles to the same degree as others but when everyone is abandoning a little bit, it ends up totaling much more.

He does lie to us. He lies to everyone.... everyday. He is the most dishonest president we have ever had by far.

It's an extraordinary narrative the MAGAbots are trying to sell now: Trump is a straight shooting, tell it like it is, no snow jobs, just-the-facts, anti-politician.

And that this is why the democrats hate him.

The republicans still plan to be fiscally responsible. They would like to raise retirement age, cut medicare and medicaid and any programs that help the needy and poor. They would also like to gut social security.

They plan to be fiscally responsible but we are not going to like the way in which they choose to do it.

None of that is being fiscally responsible. Never mind the economic ramifications of those cuts themselves they are a drop in the bucket compared to what they gave away in tax revenues and what they are willing to spend.

Obama had the greatest financial crisis since the great depression to deal with.. Obama saved the economy (and auto industry)

Trump has a booming economy and low unemployment.. Trump gave a historic large tax break to his rich friends.

One is not like the other you hack

The interest from the debt makes up 30%+ of the deficit you fucking moron. Furthermore, Obama saved only the people that made him rich and fucked this country for generations. They should pull your voter card for being such an idiot.

None of that is being fiscally responsible. Never mind the economic ramifications of those cuts themselves they are a drop in the bucket compared to what they gave away in tax revenues and what they are willing to spend.

That was my.point. Sarcasm is.what I was going for.

Not surprising considering Paul Ryan is member of the party of fiscal responsibility.
The debt ballooned under Obama, but you came to parrot your partisan mindlessness without skipping a beat.

The debt ballooned under Obama, but you came to parrot your partisan mindlessness without skipping a beat.

And Paul Ryan is the deficit hawk that'sone of his biggest schticks, yet under his stewardship Congress has allowed the debt to continue to grow. Despite the economy being in a position where you'd actually expect the opposite to occur.

Deficits grow in recessions especially historic ones. They aren't suppose to keep growing when you're at the other end of the cycle.

It's like when it's a huge scandal when Republican lawmakers end up coming out as closet cases. People don't care that they are gay, but for the fact they have often been in strong opposition to gays in the past.

Ryan railed against deficits. But when in as much control as he could ever hope to achieve, he just ran it up more. Those are just factual statements. So Ryan is a closet case when it comes to government spending.

Back