Paulie and Conor crossing their twitter swords again

I don't think that Conor would suddenly post this for no reason other than to troll Paulie. More than anyone, he must find this shit is done to death. So either:

1 - he considers the Paulie fight an option post Khabib, and is trying to keep the idea alive among fans

or

2 - he is simply reminding the UFC that he 'has options' (all the while knowing that his mystique in a boxing ring has plummeted, and him vs Paulie wouldn't really sell)

Make sense.
I do think he probably could sell this fight against Paulie.
I mean, you got Conor fans claiming he "almost won" against Floyd... how blind do you have to be to say that... yet... it's not one or two fans saying that, so I would think this to be a real possibility.

Make sense.
I do think he probably could sell this fight against Paulie.
I mean, you got Conor fans claiming he "almost won" against Floyd... how blind do you have to be to say that... yet... it's not one or two fans saying that, so I would think this to be a real possibility.

I really wonder about that. At 0-0, the 'unknown' factor, Conor's typically grandiose predictions mesmerised the casuals. Now he's 0-1, and Paulie is a far cry from 'the greatest of our generation'. Their little twitter beef is kind of funny but is it enough to really move the needle?

One thing that might interest Conor in all this, is the prospect of getting a win as a boxer. He has a massive ego - his insistence on rematching Nate at 170 shows his obsession with getting even, and he definitely does not like the taste that the Mayweather loss left in his mouth.

Another thing to consider is that him bouncing back and forth between boxing and MMA has the potential of boosting his value. Imagine Conor gets mauled by Khabib - what are his options then? A rematch with Nate always sells well, but coming off a loss against the true elite of the division is definitely going to make that trilogy fight look like some 2nd rate contest. Getting a win vs Paulie would give some of that shine back and set the stage for yet another grand return to MMA.

I really wonder about that. At 0-0, the 'unknown' factor, Conor's typically grandiose predictions mesmerised the casuals. Now he's 0-1, and Paulie is a far cry from 'the greatest of our generation'. Their little twitter beef is kind of funny but is it enough to really move the needle?

One thing that might interest Conor in all this, is the prospect of getting a win as a boxer. He has a massive ego - his insistence on rematching Nate at 170 shows his obsession with getting even, and he definitely does not like the taste that the Mayweather loss left in his mouth.

Another thing to consider is that him bouncing back and forth between boxing and MMA has the potential of boosting his value. Imagine Conor gets mauled by Khabib - what are his options then? A rematch with Nate always sells well, but coming off a loss against the true elite of the division is definitely going to make that trilogy fight look like some 2nd rate contest. Getting a win vs Paulie would give some of that shine back and set the stage for yet another grand return to MMA.
yeah, but I don't think he is even close to a Paulie level as long as it is @ Boxing.

But then, IMHO one year off while fighting Paulie, and everyone (UFC included) will be ready to see the third Conor & Dias fight... and a win will probably mean a title shot...however stupid this may sound...

you're gay and i'm gonna tell everybody you sucked a weiner

QQ9w.gif

Lets see conor vs canelo. So that Conor can show canelo what footwork is.

{<jordan}

Funniest part is that comment saying Conor is way better than Cotto. Lmao.

Will you go away and make up your material rather than pissing on Mcgregor with very chance you get. "This" makes you sound like a parrot. Calling yourself a pro at every opportunity. The reality is Conor Mcgregor would annihilate you in kick boxing.

Will you go away and make up your material rather than pissing on Mcgregor with very chance you get. "This" makes you sound like a parrot. Calling yourself a pro at every opportunity. The reality is Conor Mcgregor would annihilate you in kick boxing.

Are you okay??

<Huh2>

Conor is setting up the Paulie fight, guaranteed. After Mayweather he can't legitimately challenge a legit top boxer anymore, but he can easily sell a Paulie fight. Conor doesn't tweet for shits and giggles, he's keeping the embers warm on this one.

Tweet now. Tweet later. Release the tape and all hell breaks loose again.

I don't see the knockdown, just a tired sparring partner who isnt used to someone pulling their head down.

Pauli has literally broken down step by step what happened.

He got flown in off the couch, he came to the gym expecting to do 4 rounds and he was told he was doing 12.

First few rounds he was getting into his groove and were competitive, then he proceeded to whoop his ass backwards for rounds 4 5 6 7 8 9 and 10 to which at that point he was exhausted (as he was out of shape totally) to which Conor won the last 2 rounds.

All the edited footage is from the last two rounds including the push.

Nothing cryptic about it.

And thats why Conor looks untouched and Paulie looks like he ate a dozen baseballs to the face?

that left clearly rocked him, probably not even thrown full force

This Paulie guy sounds like a bit of a bitch?

The video clearly shows him getting punched several times and knocked down and he is still salty as fuck about it. Total ass clown.

How about the guy who, a year after a sparring session, continues to bitch about it despite no one caring?

Are they fighters or Twitter warriors? Hard to tell these days

I agree with the last part but obviously someone cares or he wouldn't have felt the need to make the original post to begin with

Back