Paulo Costa: Robert Whittaker is ‘not so good’ with his striking, wrestling, or jiu-jitsu

I can see by some of these “Costa would starch Whittaker” comments that the big muscles and knocking out below par comp(ala Ngannou) still means a lot to sherbros.
Whittaker would our duel him everywhere

Believing on your own hype might cost you the fight, if he beats Romero then there's no doubt he's legit.

Pfft. Whittaker would jab him a few times and then kill him with a a left hook.

Lol at all the people saying Yoel will beat Costa but Costa would easily beat Rob. How the fuck does that work?
Yoel beat who's who in terms of style clashes, even against Whittaker he should of gotten at least a draw but politics of champ keeping his belt when losing due Yoel missing weight gifted him the decision. Whittaker is less proven in that area. He needs to face all types of fighters to really cement his legacy and look unbeatable. That's why people look at Yoel and firmly think he might beat anyone he faces because he beat and looked indestructible against different top dogs.

Beat him the second time with one hand.. Get over it
So following this trend of excuses..Yoel managed to land him on queer street three separate rounds with one eye because it got swollen shut in the 2nd.

I think Costa could beat Whittaker... maybe not Romero, we'll see, but he'd starch Whitaker.

Whittaker is a busy fighter like Costa minus the incredible power. He'd get starched.
lols. whittaker beat romero with a broken hand.

LOL

Costa was getting lit up with a jab by Hall.

If he hadn't been allowed to bully Hall into folding with his excessive fouls, he probably would have lost a decision.

I can't wait until this clown gets smoked. It'll be Erick Silva levels of schadenfreude.
You guys are so salty

Costa MW CHAMP 2019

Costa is a beast.. I could see him giving Bobby Knux some problems.

I definitely see Costa beating him. I think Whitakker has accomplished something very impressive, but match ups make fights, I think Costa is right, Whitakker is good everywhere, but I think Costa beats him and make it look easy. On the other hand, I think Costa loses to Romero probably, I think Romero will dominate. I think UFC fucked up with this match up.

Stop thinking so much, assclown.

I wonder if he will become humble after getting KOed by Romero?

Dude has power but blocks punches with his face and has yet to prove he has tremendous cardio. Romero has EXCELLENT striking defense. His cross guard reminds me of Archie Moore and old George Foreman. I see Romero having an edge on him there, he does an amazing job of avoiding damage.

Whitaker took everything Romero had to dish out, twice, I think he would survive the early onslaught and then TKO a tired Costa.

Lmao this guy. When his eyes finally open days after fighting Yoel he will know the truth of Gay Jesus. He lahv you, see you soon, boy...

nah, you can get into a slugfest with Hall, Hall is not that good inside especially when brawling. what you don't want to do is stand at range with Uriah and wait for him to do something.

i don't know why everyone is so high on Costa because he beat Uriah Hall anyway, did everyone forget DEREK BRUNSON TKO'd Hall too, and he did it way easier and took practically no damage while doing so.
Nah, I'm talking about the strategy of taking away a fighters best chance to win. The strategy with Hall has always been to take him down. That's the safest way. What happened in the Brunson fight was unusual for Hall. Not saying he can't be beaten on the feet. He can and we've seen it. Just saying that's not the best play to try and win with him.

Shouldn't Costa be required to beat a top 10 opponent before shit talking?

Everyone keeps showing bobby knuckles no respect until it's to late.

i cant believe people refer to MMA as striking, BJJ and wrestling in 2018.

mma is a fallback sport

I’ll echo the opinions of the almighty SD members, Costa v. Romero now is an incredibly idiotic move, Costa needs another impressive win top 5ish before this fight is considered. I’m a big Costa proponent, but I think “TWOG” is too much too fast for an up and coming fighter regardless of how impressive his wins have been. Just my .02 cents anyway...
Yoel is too old to wait on good fights.

Back