paying a nutritionist

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Say you are a ufc fighter and you know the majority of nutrition from this forum do you think getting a nutritionist is a waste of money? i dont see what exactly they can hep guys with when comes to weight loss besides just making the most out of there calories

A nutritionist would not necessarily be a waste of money if you were already a disciplined eater, at an advanced level of nutrition and trying to get to the next level. But 80% of nutrition I'd wager is common sense, with the other 20% being the area where a nutritionist would help. If you are not already perfectly dialed in on the 80%, no point in paying someone for the other 20%

But for most, it would be a waste. Johnny Hendricks does not need a nutritionist. He needs a babysitter.

i got you i have a question about certain foods is it true that certain foods really can boost your t levels i heard a bunch of people here saying onions do i always thought that idea was crap that you basically get your macros in depending on goals and calories

Will he cook? If yeah why not.

I'd expect a paid nutritionist to ask a lot of questions, then run a lot of calculations and give you detailed lists of foods to eat for each meal.

"I'd expect a paid nutritionist to".............insert optional pun...

The problem with a nutritionist is that they vary a great deal in their level of ability.....
.also the type of advice.....and some can give conflicting information.......bit of a double edged sword in that regard.

I would say that if you have the money and neither the time or ability to do a bit of research yourself, go ahead.......but make sure you pick a good one. It's not the sort of thing a fighter on the prelims should be engaging in.

i think its crazy that top athletes fighting dont know nutrition especially those who fought before they were rich it would save thousands of dollars

Back