#2 Jermell Charlo (29-0, 14 KO's)

vs

#8 Erickson Lubin (18-0, 13 KO's)
---------------------------------

12 rounds WBA JMW title-

#1 Erislandy Lara (24-2-2, KO's)

vs

Terrell Gausha (20-0, 9 KO's)

10/14 7 PST/ 8 MST/ 9 CST/ 10 EST Showtime.

Last edited:
That is a pretty damn good card.

This year, mayne......one of boxing's best in recent memory.

{<redford}

Damn, any single one of those three fights could headline a showtime time card.

Having all three on one night? Fuck yeah!

Good card on paper. Always a strong chance that Lara ruins whatever card he's on though.

Really solid card. Charlo looks legit.

imo, erickson lubin is a very live dog here

I haven't seen any odds on these fights, yet. I'd have thought that they'd be about even odds with Lubin maybe even a slight favorite. Jermell has never been that impressive, and Lubin appears to be very talented.

Trout's brought in for Hurd. I think they see a faded guy with a soft touch when they see Trout. He was sharp against Cotto and Canelo. That was 4-5 years ago.

I think that Trout is an underrated boxer and I think he had some close tough fights. I also think that whoever was his matchmaker made some risky calls that didn't play out.

I think if Hurd makes any mistakes, Trout won't be able to switch the momentum with power. Hurd learns while not having his world broken.

Hurd wins by decision, but I prefer Trout as a fighter, from what I've seen.

Hurd is less talented & slower than Trout. He got outboxed pretty bad at times in the Harrison fight. However he is a big strong dude at 154 & I think he's gonna have to get in Trouts grill to win. Trout Is in for a rough night if he can't manage the distance & avoid getting overwhelmed.

Trout's brought in for Hurd. I think they see a faded guy with a soft touch when they see Trout. He was sharp against Cotto and Canelo. That was 4-5 years ago.

I think that Trout is an underrated boxer and I think he had some close tough fights. I also think that whoever was his matchmaker made some risky calls that didn't play out.

I think if Hurd makes any mistakes, Trout won't be able to switch the momentum with power. Hurd learns while not having his world broken.

Hurd wins by decision, but I prefer Trout as a fighter, from what I've seen.

Trout didn't look bad against Jermall and Jermall is quite a bit better than Hurd, I think.

Trout didn't look bad against Jermall and Jermall is quite a bit better than Hurd, I think.

True, and I agree. But they are matching a guy that is on the downslope of his career. He just isn't as sharp as he used to be and in boxing we see old A sides matched against young up and comers and it's never for the benefit of the old guy. If he was a real threat, they would pick someone else as they try to build up Hurd.

This card is themed by a weight class with multiple titles on the line kind of like HBO's SuperFly card except at junior middleweight.

548efca3-7ccc-441e-9493-5b16a2201be8.jpg

12 rounds IBF JMW title-

#5 Austin Trout (30-3, 17 KO's)

vs

#6 Jarrett Hurd (20-0, 14 KO's)

12 rounds WBC JMW title-

#2 Jermell Charlo (29-0, 14 KO's)

vs

#8 Erickson Lubin (18-0, 13 KO's)

12 rounds WBA JMW title-

#1 Erislandy Lara (24-2-2, KO's)

vs

Terrell Gausha (20-0, 9 KO's)

10/14 6 PST/ 7 MST/ 8 CST/ 9 EST Showtime.

She approves
amber-heard-punch.gif

Back