PC vs MAC - For people who have used both which is better?

Which is better?

• Total voters
Out of curiosity, What do you think is easier about using a mac over a pc? honestly curious. Also, what do you use your mac for?

Really surprised people are saying macs have a better interface when I find this very far from the truth unless your barely using your computer. Macs are actually quite a bit more complicated IMO.

5-10 years ago I would have argued the opposite, but almost everyone has an iPhone now. I recant part of my previous statement though, I wouldn’t say it’s better, just easier.

I use a PC, love gaming. The modularity of PCs are way better obviously.

Macs are better if you like reliability, ease of use, and a pleasant interface.

PCs are better if you like viruses, and computer freezing.
Couldn’t have said it better. My internet speed is slow too, and the Mac seemed to do better with the slow connection too.

5-10 years ago I would have argued the opposite, but almost everyone has an iPhone now. I recant part of my previous statement though, I wouldn’t say it’s better, just easier.

I use a PC, love gaming. The modularity of PCs are way better obviously.
This is how I looked reading your comment at my workdesk
giphy.gif

I've never used a MAC but I hate windows always screwing stuff up. The last update changed something in my display settings and it also changed the way the display settings are made and I can't seem to get it back to the way it was. The display seems dim and I've tried changing brightness and contrast but I can't seem to get back to where it was. It also changed the timing on when the display shuts down so it will shut off in the middle of watching a program if I don't touch the keyboard. It changes the default web browser and search engine each time it updates too.

PCs are like Androids, more customization but harder interface.

Obviously if you’ve touched an iPhone, your going to know how to use a Mac at this point. Better, easier user interface.

Anyone who finds PC interface to be difficult is probably a low functioning mentally disabled person.

MAC are for college girls to facetime each other. PCs are made to do actual work.

My company gives either macs or pcs and I laugh anytime my mac coworkers bitch because they have to switch over to their windows VM and carry a shitload of dongles because macs cant do anything

Last edited:
PC has video games, open and shut case.

Lol @ paying a lot of money for a mac that can't do anything interesting anyway. Even in the realm of graphic design, which used to be one of macs' only strength, PCs have caught up and cost less.
PCs dont have sketch app or Principle which is a Mac only product. If you dont know how to use sketch today as a graphic designer, good luck finding a job

MAC are for college girls to facetime each other. PCs are made to do actual work.

My company gives either macs or pcs and I laugh anytime my coworkers bitch because they have to switch over to their windows VM and carry a shitload of singles because macs cant do anything
My favorite thing to say at work is "well thats unfortunate but theres not much I can do for you since you are not on a windows system" and like you said, they cant do almost anything. Everyones an expert until nothings compatible and they have to enter their keychain password 5 times when doing ANYTHING.

Im sure most can tell but "FUCK MACS" is my philosophy and I am from an industry where they were EVERYWHERE (Studio Audio Recording) That is slowly starting to change now thankfully. Fuck the multitouch stupid ass mousepad they have on the macbooks, they are terrible. I failed an interview at a recording studio cause they had one of those stupid ass pads and I was getting so frustrated using it, it made me look bad.

PCs dont have sketch app or Principle which is a Mac only product. If you dont know how to use sketch today as a graphic designer, good luck finding a job

Okay, the solution is fairly simple: get Mac on your Windows machine. Either get yourself a Hackintosh or do it my way and use a virtual machine (VMPlayer) to run OS X. I know it’s not the best solution, but it works really well. I’m on an Asus laptop with 8 GB of RAM, and an SSD (a VM works faster on an SSD, obviously), and I can say it works like a charm. Also my laptop uses an Intel i7 and a Nvidia graphics card (GTX 650m). Intel tends to work better with an Apple operating system.

And that is why PC is the goat.

I've had this ASUS laptop since 2012 and I've had 0 problems with it...like at all.

Linux masterrace checking in.

You can all suck my balls

Macs are best if you want to be creative while sipping on 8$ coffee at Starbucks

Sketch, Flinto, and Principle
Yeah thats a very niche category they have going for them. Im in music production and they HAD dominated the market but no longer. Have you noticed any users starting to grow tired of mac and their poor update testing? New versions of the mac OS have bricked mutiple production studios around here and they have had to roll back. Needless to say a lot of people are not happy with apple right now.

Yeah thats a very niche category they have going for them. Im in music production and they HAD dominated the market but no longer. Have you noticed any users starting to grow tired of mac and their poor update testing? New versions of the mac OS have bricked mutiple production studios around here and they have had to roll back. Needless to say a lot of people are not happy with apple right now.
yes lol. I completely agree with you. Sketch's new update took steps backwards in terms of User Interface too. and I dont even bother updating my Mac

Back