Peak W Klitchko vs peak Lewis

Lewis, I feel he used his strength on the inside better and was stronger than Wlad and would negate a lot of his clinch-tactics. Tough fight but my $$$ would be on Lennox.

Yeah it had nothing to do with the fact that he was 40 and clearly lost any further motivation after the Tyson fight. Lennox already had 1 foot in retirement and still stopped Vitali, yet Lewis retired because of this fight, lol? You deserve all the shit you get on here posting nonsense like that

Lewis did not stop Vitali, the commision did. Lewis promised a rematch.

Ad hoc. Had nothing to do with it. He lost to Mcall due to one big bomb on that tender chin. Just as the Steward crafted Lewis did to Rahman.

Peak Lewis was the earliest incarnation for my money. Steward Lewis Sucked against Ray Mercer.

No he didnt in the slightest, he got caught by a big punch from McCall, it wasnt a "bomb" in the slightest, it just caught him when he was completely off balance, it hurt hjim and knocked him down, it did not knock him out(unlike the Rahman shot...)

Lewis was simply getting too cocky at both stages in his career when he lost, he thought he could blast out McCall, who is one of the toughest HW fighters to lace up the gloves, yet his trainer thought it was a great idea to tell him to go out and knock him out. His loss to Rahman was down to the fact he thougt it was more important to meet Mandela and fuck about filming scenes for a film, and was really out of shape when he was knocked out, and that was a brutal knockout!

You have mentioned the Mercer fight, Lewis did not 'suck' in the slightest in that fight, he actually showed his qualities in that fight that you are trying to say he didnt have, he fought a really tough fighter(Olympic Gold Medallist) and someone who had never been stopped, the Mercer fight was actually the fight where a lot of people sat up and noticed that Lewis did not have a 'glass jaw' as he was pressured, took a lot of shots and showed his toughness...personally, i watched it live and thought Lewis lost...i havent watched it since, but that was a war for both guys

Oh, and it was fought in the smallest ring i have ever seen for a HW fight ever, which is why Lewis had to stand and trade for most of the fight

article-0-037892DE0000044D-70_224x423.jpg

Definite BS stoppage!!!

:rolleyes:

article-0-037892DE0000044D-70_224x423.jpg

Definite BS stoppage!!!

:rolleyes:
Stoppage was fine and the right call.

That said, no one outside of a fan defending their favorites is overly satisfied or convinced that a stoppage on cuts proved them the better fighter. Especially not in a fight as competitive as that.

Stoppage was fine and the right call.

That said, no one outside of a fan defending their favorites is overly satisfied or convinced that a stoppage on cuts proved them the better fighter. Especially not in a fight as competitive as that.

Equally the narrative that LL was saved by the doctor is BS, too.

Equally the narrative that LL was saved by the doctor is BS, too.
Its speculation of course. No different than discussing a fantasy fight really. Cases on both sides.

Well simply never know.

Its speculation of course. No different than discussing a fantasy fight really. Cases on both sides.

Well simply never know.

Yeah for me, Vitali lacked the proper defense to keep Lewis from damaging him en route to a doctor's stoppage. That makes Lewis the better fighter.

is this a troll post? the very idea of give legitimacy to wlad by linking wlad and lewis as if they deserve to be talked about on the same level is insulting to lewis and insulting to fight fans wh know boxing...lewis cleans wlad's clock in less that three rounds...one of lewis's easiest fights.

is this a troll post? the very idea of give legitimacy to wlad by linking wlad and lewis as if they deserve to be talked about on the same level is insulting to lewis and insulting to fight fans wh know boxing...lewis cleans wlad's clock in less that three rounds...one of lewis's easiest fights.

Agreed. I just started reading this sub forum recently and I won't be reading any more. The level of knowledge is clearly very low. Great forum for MMA though

Yeah for me, Vitali lacked the proper defense to keep Lewis from damaging him en route to a doctor's stoppage. That makes Lewis the better fighter.
Thats fair.

Cuts are just a weird situation. Visible damage isnt a good indicator of the outcome of a fight tbh.

Agreed. I just started reading this sub forum recently and I won't be reading any more. The level of knowledge is clearly very low. Great forum for MMA though

It's a terrible forum for MMA.

When you get caught up in all the bullshit you post...
lennox would out jab deontay who has two inches on him?....lennox had two ko losses to mccall and rahman...what do you think happens if deontay lands on lennox like vitali did?

dude what are you talking about? Wlad dominated in easily the most complete and competitive era of HW boxing ever. Look at the countless ATG HWs that he beat: Povetkin, Leipai, Chagaev, Peter, PULEV. Who is even on that level? Checkmate homie.

Lewis did not stop Vitali, the commision did. Lewis promised a rematch.
Given the cut was opened by punches and given it is likely that vitali wouldn’t be able to see out of that eye, are you seriously suggesting foul play?

Given the cut was opened by punches and given it is likely that vitali wouldn’t be able to see out of that eye, are you seriously suggesting foul play?

We all know that repeatedly punching people in the face is going the crooked path anyway.

Back