Peaky Blinders best gangster show ever

ScarHead

Disappointed member of the Coconut Cult family
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone else discover this gem of a show yet ?

I found the series to be better than boardwalk empires and sopranos.

Love the fact its also losely based on actual history.

Curious what the reception of it was like over in Europe. Was it popular over there or did it slid under the radar ?

Apparently the latest season with Tom Hardy was the #1 show on BBC 2 whatever that means.

I haven't watched it but always wanted to. Might do that this weekend actually need a new show.

I think the other shows are supposed to be loosely based on history too lol.

I got into season one, thought it was quite good off the hop, then I lost interest some. I found it a bit redundant. But undoubtedly I gave up too soon. The set, costumes and acting are great that is for sure.

I liked it until the finale of season 1. Haven't watched it since.

It's quite popular in the US. I couldn't get into it, though. The series commences with so many narratives already in play, and I'm expected to care about all of the personal drama of these people I just began viewing ten minutes ago? I felt it should have taken more time to develop some substance, but it felt like they chose to commence the show in the midst of a bunch of active story arcs, and I just tuned out.

I did love Boardwalk Empire, and its initial season was a bit underwhelming, so I may go back and revisit Peeky Blinders at some point.

PS. Boardwalk was also loosely based on history (though they took huge liberties to exaggerate Buscemi's character's involvement in the crime racket).

I haven't watched it but always wanted to. Might do that this weekend actually need a new show.

You wont regret it.

The only knock against it, in between seasons theres always a small time jump. They don't really explain very well what happened so you gotta piece it together yourself but its nothing drastic. They make it work.

The violence is fucking awesome though.

I liked it until the finale of season 1. Haven't watched it since.

It only gets better.

Season 4 was epic.

Season 5 is setting up to be monumental. There incorporating US prohibition angle complete with Al Capone and the NY mafias.

It's quite popular in the US. I couldn't get into it, though. The series commences with so many narratives already in play, and I'm expected to care about all of the personal drama of these people I just began viewing ten minutes ago? I felt it should have taken more time to develop some substance, but it felt like they chose to commence the show in the midst of a bunch of active story arcs, and I just tuned out.

I did love Boardwalk Empire, and its initial season was a bit underwhelming, so I may go back and revisit Peeky Blinders at some point.

PS. Boardwalk was also loosely based on history (though they took huge liberties to exaggerate Buscemi's character's involvement in the crime racket).

I was a huge boardwalk fan but i started losing interest because of the woman who buschemi married.

She just started being so eratic n emotional about everything i never finished the series. It started focusing to much on drama n not enough gangsterism.

I agree Peaky starts off abit sudden but its honestly worth it.

It gets better n better.

Show is terrible. Sopranos is way better than this.

Show is terrible. Sopranos is way better than this.

Sopranos was waaaaay overrated.

Half that show is a mob boss seeing a psychiatrist with 1/5 episodes featuring gangsterism. So much boring drama for something thats supposed to be about violence n crime.

You wont regret it.

The only knock against it, in between seasons theres always a small time jump. They don't really explain very well what happened so you gotta piece it together yourself but its nothing drastic. They make it work.

The violence is fucking awesome though.

That doesn't sound bad. I started the first episode and it was good but for some reason just never went back. I think I started another show or something and moved on.

I was a huge boardwalk fan but i started losing interest because of the woman who buschemi married.

She just started being so eratic n emotional about everything i never finished the series. It started focusing to much on drama n not enough gangsterism.

I agree Peaky starts off abit sudden but its honestly worth it.

It gets better n better.

His wife was becoming really annoying, such as when she signed over his house to the church, but in the end the story just gets more intense and the peril more menacing until the final season. It was all pretty good. Plus, he and her split at some point so she largely goes away.

His wife was becoming really annoying, such as when she signed over his house to the church, but in the end the story just gets more intense and the peril more menacing until the final season. It was all pretty good. Plus, he and her split at some point so she largely goes away.

That was precisely the moment she started becoming unbearable for me.

Sopranos was waaaaay overrated.

Half that show is a mob boss seeing a psychiatrist with 1/5 episodes featuring gangsterism. So much boring drama for something thats supposed to be about violence n crime.

What do you think Gangsterism is? A straight hour of drivebys and throwing bodies in a river? If I want something real I'll watch Sopranos. It was well done all around. Peaky Blinders put me to sleep. It's awful.

What do you think Gangsterism is? A straight hour of drivebys and throwing bodies in a river? If I want something real I'll watch Sopranos. It was well done all around. Peaky Blinders put me to sleep. It's awful.
495659.jpg

You wouldn't know about gangsterism anyway, especially with your taste in rap music.
weird how ur defending sopranos and saying gangsterism isnt just about violence and action but then also claiming peaky blinders puts you to sleep.

not enough therapy and sitting around talking about feelings for u m8?

weird how ur defending sopranos and saying gangsterism isnt just about violence and action but then also claiming peaky blinders puts you to sleep.

not enough therapy and sitting around talking about feelings for u m8?
Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang Gucci Gang

Back