Elections Pennsylvania 18th District Special Election (3/13)

I think it's especially amazing that this seat has generally gone uncontested republican.
People think so much in terms of Ls and Ws that I don't think the significance will hit home if Saccone wins by even 1 vote, yet if he loses by 1 vote it will be a big deal.

All but a small handful of precincts have shifted Dem

Santorum on CNN explaining how the parties should get votes.... lol

I guess he was a PA senator but that guy needs to fade away from the national stage. Can't stand him.

125,739 votes, 62% reporting (370 of 593 precincts)

Lamb 52.8%

Saccone 46.6%

slight advantage Lamb (tossup)

146,009 votes, 71% reporting (421 of 593 precincts)

Lamb 51.5%

Saccone 47.9%

NY Times hides the needle

"Reliable precinct data is not currently available. Our forecast is not trustworthy right now."

The Westmoreland thing isn't working but if you just go off margins and current turnout by area, Lamb should win this. The turnout isn't there at 50% to overcome Allegheny.

@Lead it's exactly what you said. That county is completely screwing the forecasting by not reporting by precinct.

Right outside my area. Watching with interest.

Santorum on CNN explaining how the parties should get votes.... lol

I guess he was a PA senator but that guy needs to fade away from the national stage. Can't stand him.
He's overly aggressive, and not very intelligent. Not a great combo for most people.

He's overly aggressive, and not very intelligent. Not a great combo for most people.

He's the type of republican I really can't stand though. Super hard on social issues to the point where he seems like an authoritarian. The guy is radical with some of the things he believes.

He's the type of republican I really can't stand though. Super hard on social issues to the point where he seems like an authoritarian. The guy is radical with some of the things he believes.
Totally agree.

Haha mark wolosik the election director at Allegheny on CNN. He's gotten pissed at me before lmao.

@Lead it's exactly what you said. That county is completely screwing the forecasting by not reporting by precinct.

Yea, when you look at the map part of reported, they aren't showing anything at Westmoreland even though 50%+ is reported. I could be wrong with the basic assumption on turnout so far but it seems like Saccone ends Westmoreland 8k+ and Lamb ends Allegheny with 13k+. The other areas are a push pretty much.

440/593
51.7% Conor Lamb Dem 78,686
47.7% Rick Saccone GOP 72,654

CNN has it:

Lamb 50.8%

Saccone 48.6%

76% in

They also posted this now:
"Precinct results are not currently available in Westmoreland County, a heavily Republican part of the district. We’re monitoring the county-level results closely, but for now we can’t responsibly make a forecast without more detailed information about where in Westmoreland County the votes are coming from."

Back to NY Times

171,620 votes, 83% reporting (493 of 593 precincts)

Lamb 50.4%

Saccone 49.0%

182,010 votes, 87% reporting (514 of 593 precincts)

Lamb 50.4%

Saccone 49.0%

Back