Elections Pennsylvania 18th District Special Election (3/13)

205,813 votes, 95% reporting (566 of 593 precincts)

Lamb 50.0%

Saccone 49.4%

1,132 vote margin

Definitely have the fig newtons and the diet dr pepper close at hand. I haven't been this excited since Jeannie Louise wore that polkadotted dress to the prom.

Thank god shit like this interests me to give me a lift on an idle Tuesday

Almost all the areas are approaching 80-90%. Usually it would be easy to call but it is a very very close race. I'm not a news outlet that has to face embarrassment for calling it early and think Lamb won it where it's currently at.

You hear about this?

Santorum on CNN explaining how the parties should get votes.... lol

I guess he was a PA senator but that guy needs to fade away from the national stage. Can't stand him.
Santorini is the asshole that brought his stillborn baby home for all his kids to see, right?

@Lead, the rest of the votes outside of Drama Queen County should break Lamb's way, and then should swing back toward Saccone when those come in, right? How many votes roughly do you think Saccone can make up? 2k?

You hear about this?

Yea, see above. NY Times had a needle with their predict and took it down because they couldn't run the model without that information.

I'm just taking the areas margin and ramping the remaining reporting amount to 100% to see where the margin is at. It's currently at Lamb winning by about 1,000 votes

207,572 votes, 96% reporting (568 of 593 precincts)

Lamb 50.0%

Saccone 49.4%

1,238 vote margin

@Lead, the rest of the votes outside of Drama Queen County should break Lamb's way, and then should swing back toward Saccone when those come in, right? How many votes roughly do you think Saccone can make up? 2k?

Other than a recount, I think it's over. Allegheny and Westmoreland have 97% in and Lamb is leading. General thinking would be there are more votes in Allegheny which favors Lamb compared to Westmoreland that favors Saccone. Lamb wins 1k+ give or take.

Other than a recount, I think it's over. Allegheny and Westmoreland have 97% in and Lamb is leading. General thinking would be there are more votes in Allegheny which favors Lamb compared to Westmoreland that favors Saccone. Lamb wins 1k+ give or take.
Ah okay, I was looking at the wrong #s for outstanding votes, didn't realize they were at 97%. Yeah this bird looks cooked.

95% in and no media outlet making the call. You know this is crazy close when it's at that point.

I thought Moore would be a wake up call to the GOP. Let's see if this helps them grow a spine.

Ah okay, I was looking at the wrong #s for outstanding votes, didn't realize they were at 97%. Yeah this bird looks cooked.

Can you imagine a recount demand when the there's another election in two months?

LOL! Chick on CNN: "Most candidates are just terrible candidates"

Rick Santorum sitting next to her: *Derpface*

<Oku02>

I thought Moore would be a wake up call to the GOP. Let's see if this helps them grow a spine.

What I'm worried about is the Saccone was running on the tax bill and shifted focus in the last two weeks to cultural issues. If he had won, it could've been an indication that's the parties saving grace which isn't how I want the party to head. I don't think they will have a clear direction for the midterms because they have a directionless leader in control of the party.

Lamb did not run as a progressive liberal, he ran as a moderate democrat. Marine, pro gun ( I believe) he appeals to the voters the democrat party has abandoned. That should be the wake up call

Back