Pennsylvania District Equips Classrooms with Buckets of Rocks to Stone Mass Shooters

white_flag1.jpg

Sad
Don't be sad, it was your only out. Happens bub. It was probably better it ended in the first round instead of a 12 rnd drubbing.

Go home and be a family man.

Don't be sad, it was your only out. Happens bub. It was probably better it ended in the first round instead of a 12 rnd drubbing.

Go home and be a family man.

Nah I'm heading to Happy Hour

Do something and do it now :'( - liberals

Meanwhile France has 1/5th our population and had more mass shootings and killings than us in 2015 while having the most strict gun laws on the planet.

What you guys fail to understand about gun control is it requires law abiding citizens. INB4 Australia BS is brought up and debunked for the 10000th time

readingresponsepicture2.jpg

Can you provide some sources for that? America has a mass shooting every day, the highest gun homicide rate in any developed nation. I am extremely skeptical.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...oesch-cherry-picks-terrorism-deaths-france-a/

With even some Republicans talking about an assault rifle ban, the National Rifle Association has been quick to reject the idea that it might help.

On ABC News’ This Week, host George Stephanopoulos suggested that nations with stricter limits see fewer mass shootings. NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch challenged that before Stephanopoulos even fully asked his question. Here’s their Feb. 25 exchange:

Stephanopoulos: "We are the only country that has wide access to these kind of weapons and no one else has the frequency or the intensity of these kind of mass shootings…"

Loesch: "That’s actually not true."

Stephanopoulos: "...mass shooting that we do."

Loesch: "That’s actually not true."

Stephanopoulos: "That is."

Loesch: "France had a higher casualty rate in one year than the entire two administrations of Barack Obama. And they’re a fifth of our population."

Really? France saw more casualties in a single year than America saw in eight?

The NRA press office told us Loesch drew from an analysis by the Crime Prevention Research Center, a group that does research in support of policies favored by gun rights advocates. While Loesch didn’t specify the year, that article compared deaths and injuries in "mass public shootings" in France in 2015 with casualties from similar events in the United States between 2009 and 2016.

In 2015, France had 150 deaths and 382 injured, for a total of 532.

On the American side, between 2009 and 2016, there were 264 deaths, 263 injured for a total of 527.

As many will remember, 2015 was a horrific year of terrorist attacks in France. In January, two men who claim allegiance to Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula opened fire in the offices of the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. The death toll rose even higherwith a series of attacks on Nov. 13 by a well-organized Islamic State cell in and around the Bataclan Theater in Paris. A total of 132 people died.

But 2015 was an aberration for France.

The Global Terrorism Database at the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism shows that between 2009 and 2014, attacks with guns killed eight people. In 2016, there was one victim. Our French fact-checking colleagues at Liberation found a steady rate of more conventional firearm deaths over the years. (The policy focus is on firearms but it’s important to add that a truck attack killed 86 people celebrating Bastille Day in Nice in 2016.)

This is what I thought.

So ignore Sweden and just focus on the US and assault rifles and for arguments sake lets just say an assault rifle is any semi automatic rifle.

Why would banning assault rifles be incredibly dangerous?

I think rationalizing away our Constitutional rights is dangerous. Banning semi-auto rifles is clearly un-Constitutional based on SCOTUS saying that commonly held arms are protected. Semi-auto is as common as anything else.

And while the past Assault Weapons ban only showed negligible results if any the ban on automatic weapons which was permanent seems to have been pretty effective.

What are you basing that on? If it was effective we wouldn't now be talking about banning semi-autos.

Can you provide some sources for that? America has a mass shooting every day, the highest gun homicide rate in any developed nation. I am extremely skeptical.

Lmao mass shooting every day? My friend it's like 45-50 in it's modern history

I think rationalizing away our Constitutional rights is dangerous. Banning semi-auto rifles is clearly un-Constitutional based on SCOTUS saying that commonly held arms are protected. Semi-auto is as common as anything else.

What are you basing that on? If it was effective we wouldn't now be talking about banning semi-autos.

Shut up, it's after 5 on Friday

Lmao mass shooting every day? My friend it's like 45-50 in it's modern history

No. The FBI defines a mass-shooting as four or more people shot or killed, including the perpetrator. There is slightly more than one mass-shooting per day in America.

I like the fact that this idea exposes the morons who try to pretend that guns do not pose an extraordinarily unique danger relative to other available weapons. Since, "If someone bent on murder can't get a gun they'll just use something else."

So a rock in the hand equalizes the balance of power against a loaded AR-15. Go gun nutters!

Give the children cars.

Because we did this shit before and it didnt work. It's been proven. You want to make a few edits and retry it when we've already seen that from 1993-2011 the populations gun ownership increased 2x but crime went down 39%.

According to a study by Harvard and Northwestern University, 3% of the US population owns 50% of all the firearms in the country.

You citing that gun ownership has increased is misleading. Household gun ownership has dropped. That statistic you are citing simply points to hardcore gun enthusiasts stockpiling more and more guns.

Back