Pennsylvania Police Officer, Brian Shaw, Shot and Killed During Traffic Stop

splendica

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/18/us/pennsylvania-police-officer-killed/index.html

"Investigators have identified a suspect in the death of a western Pennsylvania police officer who was gunned down during a traffic stop.

Rahmael Sal Holt, 29, shot and killed officer Brian Shaw on Friday, police said.
'Consider Holt armed and dangerous,' the Pennsylvania State Police tweeted.

Brian Shaw had been a patrolman with New Kensington's police department for less than a year when he was killed Friday night, according to police Chief James Klein.

The traffic stop resulted in a foot chase before Shaw, 25, was shot, Klein said.
New Kensington is about 20 miles northeast of Pittsburgh."

>

"Shaw played for Slippery Rock University's football team, according to the school athletic department's Twitter page.

'Words can't describe how I feel,' head football coach Shawn Lutz told KDKA.

'He was part of our 2011 and 2013 championship teams.'

Shaw was the team's kicker, Lutz said. The university is about an hour's drive north of Pittsburgh.

'He said he wanted to be a police officer, he was a hard working guy, such a positive young man,' Lutz said of his former player.'Every time I think about Brian, I think of such a positive guy who would be successful at anything he did.'"

Another sad case, recently, where a police officer doing his job, gets killed.

I think it's important to get to the bottom of violence against police officers in the US. Are there systemic problems that are creating a culture of violence against law enforcement? In my opinion there clearly is. Another young, profitable life taken from us far too soon. May God bless and help his family and the colleagues he was taken from.

didn't happen. not real. cops are never in danger ever and there is no reason for them to be on gourd during traffic stops. disagreeing is racist.

..."I think it's important to get to the bottom of violence against police officers in the US. Are there systemic problems that are creating a culture of violence against law enforcement? In my opinion there clearly is...

Another "look what a black guy did today" thread, disguised as an earnest question out of your sincere concern. How original...

Now let's watch the usual critters post post the usual crap.

Another "look what a black guy did today" thread, disguised as an earnest question out of your sincere concern. How original...

I think he's driving at cops having dangerous jobs and traffic stops being particularly dangerous, hence them being on guard with motorists

this is what I meant with your threads not being excellent.

How come you didn't reply to the post I mentioned you in, regarding MicroBrew's thread with "white" cop and "black" man, race-baiting, right in the title?

Also, I noticed someone removed the post you liked flaming me hard, calling me a "Sack of shit" in the Russian mega-thread:

SBJJ quoted it on page 15 of that thread:

Hit-N-Run said:
"You are a sack of dog shit. You and the ilk like you. Spreading lies and deceit. You are the enemy of our country, wanting to tear down the institutions to protect your corrupt and evil leader.

You are a traitor, if you are even from this country."

@SBJJ can concur, I'm sure.

So you can get down from your high-horse any time now.

@computer fogie

There are very few cops being killed threads, btw. By far and away the majority of attention is put on black men being killed by cops (preferably white cops when possible).

@computer fogie

There are very few cops being killed threads, btw. By far and away the majority of attention is put on black men being killed by cops (preferably white cops when possible).

There have been some very high profile police brutality cases involving black officers, and the black officers were crucified just as bad as the white officers. The only difference is that their race is not part of the crucification.

For example, the officers in the Freddie Gray case were immediately condemned as murderers. They were mostly black officers, and they were absolutely hated. If they were white, the only difference is that they'd likely be called racist as well.

New Kensington is a straight shithole. Hopefully, they find this turd.

There have been some very high profile police brutality cases involving black officers, and the black officers were crucified just as bad as the white officers. The only difference is that their race is not part of the crucification.

For example, the officers in the Freddie Gray case were immediately condemned as murderers. They were mostly black officers, and they were absolutely hated. If they were white, the only difference is that they'd likely be called racist as well.

I don't admire police officer hate, regardless of the skin color. But good on you for pointing out that several of the police in the Freddie Gray death trial, including William Porter, were indeed black. I will say that skin color was pointed out in the MicroBrew thread-title and is pointed out often.

But thanks for correcting me.

I don't admire police officer hate, regardless of the skin color. But good on you for pointing out that several of the police in the Freddie Gray death trial, including William Porter, were indeed black.

But thanks for correcting me.

I'm not really correcting you, just adding to what you said. It's true that race is made into a primary topic when it's a white officer, but it's ignored when it's a black officer. There is something twisted there, to me. When a white officer does something wrong, it's likely because he's a bad officer, not a cold blooded racist.

That guy who was shot in the hallway the other day, was he white or black? I couldn't tell in the video.

I'm not really correcting you, just adding to what you said. It's true that race is made into a primary topic when it's a white officer, but it's ignored when it's a black officer. There is something twisted there, to me. When a white officer does something wrong, it's likely because he's a bad officer, not a cold blooded racist.

That guy who was shot in the hallway the other day, was he white or black? I couldn't tell in the video.

I added to the post, that, for instance, the skin color was made special mention in MicroBrew's thread.

It's this special mentioning that is adding unnecessary fuel to the fire.

I added to the post, that, for instance, the skin color was made special mention in MicroBrew's thread.

It's this special mentioning that is adding unnecessary fuel to the fire.

I agree, and I just don't see the race of the officer being that big of a factor, at least not where I live. A lot of the police officers around here are minorities, I know 3 minority cops personally. They seem no different than white officers in the fears that they have on the job. That is just my observation though, I don't know if there are statistics on any of it.

Now, that's not to say that lots of officers do not have prejudices. But I am willing to bet the minority officers have most of the same prejudices as the white officers. I think those prejudices are based on their experiences in the field, and those experiences are usually based on where they work.

I would think that for anyone considering a career as a cop, being shot while engaged in a foot chase with a criminal would have struck them as a reasonable scenario.

This is not like, for example, a cop being shot through their driver's side window while eating a burger. That type of straight up execution simply isn't supposed to happen to law enforcement.

Stories like this one strike me the way stories about firemen killed in burning buildings do. They are human tragedies. And I appreciate that there are men and women willing to fill these societal roles. But, in all honesty, I am not outraged over it.

@computer fogie

I think part of it is we know cops deal with criminals and expect a certain amount of cop deaths. So when we hear about it we feel bad for them and thier family, but it doesn't strike the same emotions.

When we see a cop gun down a civilian, it always sparks the "that could have been me" emotional response.

@computer fogie

Its almost like we hold a higher standard for and interest in people who wield violence backed by the authority of the state.

Its almost like we hold a higher standard for and interest in people who wield violence backed by the authority of the state.

I hold a high standard for those who wield violence against those civil servants who are placed in authority to serve and protect the citizenry by the state.

Back