Pennsylvania Police Officer, Brian Shaw, Shot and Killed During Traffic Stop

Somebody dares to equate the tragic loss of life of a cop doing their job to the tragic loss of life of a non-cop doing their job and a certain type of American is always going to get triggered. It's unavoidable.

From a societal standpoint the deaths are not equal. The police (in theory) represent us all. Unlike some guy working at some random business in the private sector. It's also an attack on basic law & order. Those are key differences.

If the mod finds the thread inappropriate why not dump it? If it's fine, why whine about it? Sort of becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy in that it shifts the discussion to what the mod (presumably) doesn't want to see discussed.

I'm curious if you were the site owner would you enjoy your mods derailing threads to shit on the content provider?
I don't think it's a problem, and I think a lot of people want it to be a problem, so they can fuck with the mods or claim persecution. They want mods to be a nanny that they can abuse and then go tell their parents a bullshit story about it. That sums up the WR in the last year pretty well I think. There has never been an atmosphere in the WR where mods couldn't chime in like another poster would, and call bullshit or deliver a slap. They all post the way they posted prior to modding, just a bit less frequently.

OP deserved to be called on his bullshit, which goes beyond just this thread. That's exactly what he was trying to do- CF is correct. And the WR has a really shitty history of "look at what black guy did" threads. That doesn't mean CF is against cops or celebrating them being killed.
The thing is that's not what happened here. Fogie jumped the gun.

I don't think it's a problem, and I think a lot of people want it to be a problem, so they can fuck with the mods or claim persecution. They want mods to be a nanny that they can abuse and then go tell their parents a bullshit story about it. That sums up the WR in the last year pretty well I think. There has never been an atmosphere in the WR where mods couldn't chime in like another poster would, and call bullshit or deliver a slap. They all post the way they posted prior to modding, just a bit less frequently.

Thanks. Although I don't really feel what I said was addressed. No worries though.

From a societal standpoint the deaths are not equal. The police (in theory) represent us all.

So if a city snow plow driver is killed by a truck while attempting to clear our roadways you would be willing to equate that death with the death of a cop?

It's also an attack on basic law & order. Those are key differences.

The murder or assault of any human being is an attack on law and order.

So if a city snow plow driver is killed by a truck while attempting to clear our roadways you would be willing to equate that death with the death of a cop?

The murder or assault of any human being is an attack on law and order.

If you don't wish to acknowledge the differences that's your prerogative. I don't like cops and it seems clear to me.

Yup. Really makes you wonder about whomever is modding people like him and pan(did the same thing in another thread). In fogies case being remodded though.
Yeah no shit, how did THAT little miracle occur?

Another "look what a black guy did today" thread, disguised as an earnest question out of your sincere concern. How original...

Now let's watch the usual critters post post the usual crap.

<DCrying>

didnt take long for a mod to get racist in this thread... wow... what happend to this forum?

Fawlty said:
OP deserved to be called on his bullshit, which goes beyond just this thread. That's exactly what he was trying to do- CF is correct. And the WR has a really shitty history of "look at what black guy did" threads. That doesn't mean CF is against cops or celebrating them being killed.

The thing is that's not what happened here. Fogie jumped the gun.

No, that's exactly what happened here. A few others jumped the gun by making wrong assumptions about my intent.

No, that's exactly what happened here. A few others jumped the gun by making wrong assumptions about my intent.
Given what you wrote, your intent seemed pretty clear. If that wasn't the case, that's fine. But you can't expect to put words like that down and not have some address it.

fuck cops, they shoot people all the time. No sympathy from me

Given what you wrote, your intent seemed pretty clear. If that wasn't the case, that's fine. But you can't expect to put words like that down and not have some address it.

I posted a dig at the TS, for what I think is just another thread pointing out something bad a black person has done. Sorry if anyone falls for his bullshit, but I didn't and I don't apologize for saying it. Saying I'm racist for that post is desperately stupid. I didn't say anything about the victim or his killer.

When you have mods basically mocking an officer getting killed....that shows you the integrity of this site.

You have to be kidding. I said nothing that could be construed as mocking anyone except the TS. He used this tragedy as a tool to further his far right agenda. I called him on it. Sorry if you didn't get that from what I posted.

It's called "in the line of duty". And, yes, the pain and loss suffered by family and friends is the same.

I knew a guy who was a contractor. He fell off one of his houses a couple years ago and died after three days in the hospital. He had a wife and two young sons. Does the family of a slain cop somehow get awarded extra grieving or outrage points?

Seeing the face of someone that intentionally killed your dad verses seeing the building he fell off of? Really?

I posted a dig at the TS, for what I think is just another thread pointing out something bad a black person has done. Sorry if anyone falls for his bullshit, but I didn't and I don't apologize for saying it. Saying I'm racist for that post is desperately stupid. I didn't say anything about the victim or his killer.

Reading comprehension is incredibly weak in the WR which is unfortunate since that's a minimum requirement for decent discussion/debate.

Back