Pennsylvania Republicans move to impeach state Supreme Court for the crime of fair redistricting

Who's idea was it, let's see.

"Of the 55 Convention delegates, about 25 (almost half!) owned slaves. The delegates from Southern (slave) states wanted to counts slaves as part of their population. This would give the Southern states additional representatives in the U.S. House of Representatives. Delegates from the Northern (Free) states strongly opposed this, arguing that if slaves had no rights to vote (or any other rights of citizenship) then the South should not be given additional representatives."

http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~ras2777/amgov/slavery2.html

If my memory serves me correctly the north wasn't exactly "free states" at that time and free blacks certainly weren't allowed to vote in the north.

They brought in somebody from Stanford to draw the map.

Which the state constitution doesn't call for. It may be fairer, I don't have a clue, but it certainly didn't come about in the manner their constitution calls for.

GOP has jumped the shark from run-of-the-mill political awfulness and into the realm of comic book style supervillainy.

You don't say . . .

why-does-mike-pence-always-look-like-hes-about-to-6489071.png

How did you come up with that stupid shit.

Because dividing it up by landmass would be just like giving power to landowners which is how England wanted the US ruled. You may not see the connection but in densely populated cities people don’t own land, they typically live on top of each other in things called apartments or condos or high rise buildings. By putting more power into land you are diluting each persons vote because they live in a city.

Because dividing it up by landmass would be just like giving power to landowners which is how England wanted the US ruled. You may not see the connection but in densely populated cities people don’t own land, they typically live on top of each other in things called apartments or condos or high rise buildings. By putting more power into land you are diluting each persons vote because they live in a city.

So by way mob rule the cities should rule over the rural areas.

The rural areas deserve no repersation, sounds like something that should be avoided to prevent a self-destructive goverment.

The rural areas deserve no repersation, sounds like something that should be avoided to prevent a self-destructive goverment.

Thats what the senate is for.

Without the Senate no thing can be made into law and no person can be appointed as judge.

Its far easier to create a self-destructive government if what its needed is simply to sway a minority.

Thats what the senate is for.

Without the Senate no thing can be made into law and no person can be appointed as judge.

Its far easier to create a self-destructive government if what its needed is simply to sway a minority.

I agree that the Senate is the egulazer.

The same as the electoral college.

The problem with district areas is old and used on both sides.

How do we make it fair and protect everyone.

Right now the country is pushing further apart then ever. The rural mostly conservative and the urban mostly democrat. The pressure is growing each election.

Do you even understand what you are arguing about?

Which the state constitution doesn't call for. It may be fairer, I don't have a clue, but it certainly didn't come about in the manner their constitution calls for.

The Constitution didn't exactly have a playbook for the legislature refusing to act on their ruling

The Constitution didn't exactly have a playbook for the legislature refusing to act on their ruling

My understanding is that the courts received 4 or 5 proposals from different groups, including 1 from republicans.

Back