Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill, or Tracy McGrady? Who would you take fully healthy?

kensei

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
All three of these amazing players had their careers cut short with debilitating injuries. If all three were healthy during their careers, who do you think would be the best?

Jesus, I didn't realize until now how long Grant Hill played after he was injured for those couple seasons. Obviously not the player he was before the injuries, but still quite the contributor.

Prime T-Mac.

I think lazy eyes are funny so I vote Tmac too

B4l8LCCCcAAriHG.jpg

Well we got to see peak T-Mac. He was incredible at that peak. If you're talking about the healthy versions we saw, this isn't really a competition.

If we're talking about potential, well I'm torn. I was a huge Penny fan and thought he was going to be an all-time great when he was young. But he also fell the furthest off the cliff of the 3 and his numbers had already come way down when Shaq left, even before the injuries (though obviously a small sample since the injuries started shortly after). And Grant Hill is the most efficient of the bunch and by far the best defender of the bunch, so it's tempting to take him as well. But at the end of the day, I'm taking the known quantity in T-Mac anyways.

McGrady for sure. He was really good when he was healthy. I always wanted him and Yao to get a ring together.

T-Mac but closely followed by Grant Hill.

Those magic teams for sure would have won a title or two if Penny stayed healthy which you can't say about these other guys.

I don't know who any of them are, but I'll go full sherbro and take whichever of Tracy or Penny has the biggest bubble butt. With those names they have go be girls, right?

Those magic teams for sure would have won a title or two if Penny stayed healthy which you can't say about these other guys.

If Grant Hill or T-Mac had Shaq, they would've won chips too.

1. Grant Hill
  2. Tracy McGrady
  3. Penny Hardaway
In that order. Tracy was an ungodly scorer, but Grant was the superior overall player. We never really got to see what a healthy, prime Grant Hill could do with a capable sidekick. We got an idea with Penny and Tracy.

Back