People actually think DC can win?

That's how I see it too. No idea where people are getting this idea DC has big power. He really never has.

He's very good at what he does but that power can only be based on the bigfoot ko. Other than that it's really been workhorse accumulation type damage, right? I like DC a lot. I just think he's heavily overmatched here.

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing with you. But you did bring up DC's ability to grind and I just took the opportunity to respond to that sentiment, which a lot of people have brought up.

I thought maybe I'd misused that phrase, "early night for".

I love Cormier, but Stipe can knock people out moving backwards, and DC likes to press the action. Stipe has legit power. He didnt display it against Ngannou, but only because he fought a smart fight against a dangerous (albeit one dimensional) fighter. DC is a stud no doubt, but I just think Stipe is going to win this, and probably by knockout.

Everyone, and I mean everyone sleeps on Miocic. I don't get it. The guy's a killer, and he had one of the most difficult roads to the title of any UFC fighter ever. Before Ngannou, I believe he 4 straight first round KOs. DC may not be able to take his power. Jones has nowhere near the stopping power of Stipe, and he finished Cormier.

We'll see, but I think Stipe with his boxing, size and range is just too much for DC.

Rumble is a far scarier striker than Stipe.

At 155 and above, it can always just be whoever lands a hard shot first. At HW, it is even more extreme.

There is a reason the HW belt has only been defended a few times max before being lost.

Anyone counting DC out not only doesnt pay attention to his fights, but any HW fights ever.

Rumble is a far scarier striker than Stipe.
Debatable. Stipe KO'd Arlovski, and Rumble couldn't. In fact, without the time clock fiasco. AA might have won that fight. Stipe is rangier than Rumble as well.

It's a fight, anything can happen. I just don't think Stipe loses his belt to Cormier.

At 155 and above, it can always just be whoever lands a hard shot first. At HW, it is even more extreme.

There is a reason the HW belt has only been defended a few times max before being lost.

Anyone counting DC out not only doesnt pay attention to his fights, but any HW fights ever.

Agreed. I think Stipe wins but counting out DC (undefeated at HW) would be foolish.

Stipe is the most under rated fighter in the world right now. He could fight CM Punk and people would be picking against him. Just let him keep slaying great fighters and letting people doubt him.

Undefeated at Heavyweight and fighting a guy that couldn't finish a corpse in Francis who didn't have a scratch on him.

I think DC not having to worry about weight is going to give him a big boost of energy and he'll look like a fresh fighter. He just has to play it safe in the first round and then he should be able to have his way with Stipe once he gasses.
DC's undefeated at heavyweight but he is getting old and kind of looked mediocre after he went to the UFC - he also never beat anyone on Ubereem, JDS or Werdum's level. D.C. has been having some really close fights recently too, while Stipe has been straight steam rolling mofo's. And as far as not finishing Ngannou, let us not forget the rather regrettable D.C. vs Andy fiasco - and let us not forget that Ngannou is a bad, bad, man who slaughtered Reem and handed Blaydes his only loss.

If this was Overeem I could see your point. But Stipe just took Ngannou's best shot. I don't think he's worried about DC who isn't known for being a big puncher.
I agree that Cormier is not known for his punching power, but I do think he has enough power to rock Miocic enough to capitalize. Do I think he will? Probably not, but the possibility is always there when men that size start throwing punches.

DC is a great talent and Stipe has never fought a pressure fighter like DC before, I'm picking Stipe but DC has a good as a chance as any other HW. Just wish this happened a bit earlier DC is old as phuk now and has a lot of injuries...as much as I like Stipe, I'd love to see DC win he truly deserves it.

I'm favoring Stipe to win more because DC is 40 and recently got his head knocked off by Jones. He simply can't continue to perform at the level he has been at forever.

Really the only two 40 year old guys in the UFC that are still at the top of the ranks are DC and Romero. everyone else has dropped off already.

I wouldn't be shocked if DC won but I definitely see Stipe having the better chance of success in this fight.

Doesn't matter if he dominates the fight, people are underestimating the gap between LHW and HW. The strength gap between the 2 divisions is just too big, Stipe just needs one punch to turn DC into a tin can. Not only will DC lose to Stipe, he'll probably struggle to beat any of the top 10 in HW. DC said it himself, he looks at the current HW division and he can't believe he once fought in it.

DC is just trying to flatter himself a little. Its clear the HW division is probably as weak as its ever been in history, with likes of Hunt, and Alovski still contenders. The guy dominated prime Bigfoot, Barnett never lost a HW round 16-0, when he was new to the sport yet you claim he would struggle to beat any top 10 hw, just think how retarded that statement is.

It hasnt always. DC's LHW fights did not all happen in a 2018 vacuum.

LHW has sucked for DCs entire UFC tenure. Even Jones got the tail end of LHW when it was good. When he was coming up, he got a bunch of guys who were once really really good past their prime.

Cool...let's discredit DC beating Gus and Rumble x2 and also being undefeated at HW. Cause it's not like Stipe got beat by JDS or Struve or anything.

And I saw you say that he hasn't thrown anyone except for 50 year old Dan Henderson...I'm pretty sure the first round of the Gus fight he flipped Gus onto his head.

This is not a good thread. Do better.

i think the biggest advantage DC has in this is his cardio and pace
Stipe's cardio isn't horrible by UFC HW standards but its still pretty bad compared to most LHW's

This is a fight game where Michael Bisping and Matt Serra won titles.

Let that sink in, Bisping and Serra won titles.

Anything can happen my brothers.

To me this fight is pretty lop-sided.

DC is very confident, but he was confident twice against Jones and look what happened. He has a history of thinking he is better than he actually is and he isn't getting any younger. At one point he said he and Jones might be the two greatest fighters ever? What?

I like DC, but he hasn't beaten the greatest competition at LHW. Or at HW for that matter.

I thought Gus fought very stupidly in their fight and he still almost won. Stipe is bigger, a better wrestler, and a lot smarter than Gus.

I don't see how DC wins. At all.
Funny. Outside of a flask KO I don't see Stipe winning.

if cormier doesn t age overnight i honestly think it s gonna be 50-45 or 49-46 dc

Back