People are hyping Ngannou up too much, and doubting Overeem

Frankie Baby!

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Overeem is probably the best striker in the HW division, and has so much more experience compared to Ngannou. Ngannou only has 5 UFC fights, and only has 11 fights, and really hasn't beat good competition. Overeem on the other hand has 59 fights, and has 12 UFC fights. He has beat Vitor 2x, Werdum 2x, Mark Hunt 2x, Brock Lesnar, Frank Mir, Stefan Struve, Roy Nelson, JDS, and Andrei Arlovski. Just watch, Overeem will show everyone just how good he is.

Overeem is probably the best striker in the HW division, and has so much more experience compared to Ngannou. Ngannou only has 5 UFC fights, and only has 11 fights, and really hasn't beat good competition. Overeem on the other hand has 59 fights, and has 12 UFC fights. He has beat Vitor 2x, Werdum 2x, Mark Hunt 2x, Brock Lesnar, Frank Mir, Stefan Struve, Roy Nelson, JDS, and Andrei Arlovski. Just watch, Overeem will show everyone just how good he is.

HW? In terms of versatilty and power, Overeem is the best pure striker in the UFC period, with Saki and Prime Silva right behind him. With a better chin, he'd be running HW.

That said, he'd better move like his life depends on it vs Ngannou. Lots of feints, footwork and try to outpoint him for a boring decision win. He's not gonna wanna get in a dogfight with the predator at this stage in his career.

Last edited:
The best striker to be knocked out 12 times

It's not always about WHO you beat but HOW you beat them.

If Ngannou even looks HALF as impressive as he's looked against his past opponents vs Overeem and other Top 10 HWs he will go on to destroy Stipe and go down as the HW GOAT.

Not doubting Overeem just hoping for a new fresh contender

Overeem nearly got KO'd on the feet by an old, telegraphed Werdum. Ngannou should be fine as long as he doesn't run into a counter face first.

It's because Ngannou has bigger muscles than Reem. Ngannou has literally compiled a streak of the worst HWs on the roster and Curtis Blaydes on a week notice.

If that was K1 Ubereem i'd agree but nowadays Econoreem chin is too suspect, all it takes is one and he will be in really deep waters, even Werdum, who people here are saying trash about his striking, was able to really hurt him and could have finished.

I have total confidence in Overeem’s skill and experience to win this fight, but like most people, it’s just that damn chin I don’t trust. With Ngannou’s power, I just don’t see him not getting caught at some point. Unless he can gas him early.

Alistair is six years older with huge KO issues...
He better be point fighting first and looking for the KO second IMO.
(Actually he might want to duck under for a submission)

It's because Ngannou has bigger muscles than Reem. Ngannou has literally compiled a streak of the worst HWs on the roster and Curtis Blaydes on a week notice.
He got a doctor stoppage against Blaydes, that makes it worse that he didn't ACTUALLY finish him

I think that Reem definitely has the experience edge, and MAY be too well rounded for Ngannou at this stage of their respected careers.

BUT - I would not be shocked if Ngannou clips him in an exchange and chin-checks his porcelain jaw.

Back