People are hyping Ngannou up too much, and doubting Overeem

I think that Reem definitely has the experience edge, and MAY be too well rounded for Ngannou at this stage of their respected careers.

BUT - I would not be shocked if Ngannou clips him in an exchange and chin-checks his porcelain jaw.

Reem has a jaw made of fine China prime Mariah Carey singing a high note would bust that jaw and put his ass to sleep

We all know how good d Reem is ... the fact of the matter is he has 15 losses a lot of KO losses Ngannou is undefeated and untouched in this MMA game plus he's more athletic then Jon jones with KO punch

I think that Reem definitely has the experience edge, and MAY be too well rounded for Ngannou at this stage of their respected careers.

BUT - I would not be shocked if Ngannou clips him in an exchange and chin-checks his porcelain jaw.
I wouldn't be suprised either

We all know how good d Reem is ... the fact of the matter is he has 15 losses a lot of KO losses Ngannou is undefeated and untouched in this MMA game plus he's more athletic then Jon jones with KO punch
He's not undefeated

Skill-wise there is no comparison.

Overeem is fragile as fuck though and he's old.

Having no chin and losing a step isn't a good combination for too long.

PRO TIP THOUGH FOR BETTORS:

Overeem has never ever lost to a black guy in his entire career.

He is 3-0 versus other black males with wins over Brett Rogers, Gary Goodridge and Rodney Glunder.

Pretty crazy that he only has 3 fights against other black guys in a career that spans almost 60 fights.

Overeem is probably the best striker in the HW division, and has so much more experience compared to Ngannou. Ngannou only has 5 UFC fights, and only has 11 fights, and really hasn't beat good competition. Overeem on the other hand has 59 fights, and has 12 UFC fights. He has beat Vitor 2x, Werdum 2x, Mark Hunt 2x, Brock Lesnar, Frank Mir, Stefan Struve, Roy Nelson, JDS, and Andrei Arlovski. Just watch, Overeem will show everyone just how good he is.

People hyped Conor too

Agreed I'm actually leaning Overeem in this fight if he plays it smart

Overeem needs to be flawless or his glass jaw is getting cracked.

Its just hard to shake that feeling that if Ngannou lands clean once Overeem will be curled up in the fetal position.

Been a Reem fight for years. So Pumped for this one. Winner should get a title shot. (If Stipe ever gets his money). These guys will Bang and hopefully his chin can hold up. Ngannou has legit power and this should be exciting.

Ngannou gona dieded Overeem..

Overeem's striking defense stinks and Ngannou is on a steam roll through the HW division.

I predict a 1st round KO Ngannou.

Its just hard to shake that feeling that if Ngannou lands clean once Overeem will be curled up in the fetal position.
Exactly what I keep picturing...Reem doing well for 3 minutes, then get's an uppercut to the chin and melts.

Everything being said here sounds the same prior to Reem vs JDS.

HW? In terms of versatilty and power, Overeem is the best pure striker in the UFC period, with Saki and Prime Silva right behind him. With a better chin, he'd be running HW.
Saki is a better striker than him. So is Wonderboy. Salikhov is arguably better than any of them.

Reems gonna get wrecked. A gust of wind and he's out. Even if he has his glove up I bet Francis can KO him

You guys dont understand these are 40+ yr old bums now at top of HW way past primes just holdin on because no decent HW prospect. Imagine a 31 yr old Reem thats Francis. Gonna put all these ancient pride fighters in retirement homes where they belong.

Last edited:
Heavyweight fights are very hard to predict.

You're not wrong on Overeem's experience and skill. But it just takes one mistake. Plus, Reem dislikes pressure, and The Predator will (if he's smart) just left the hands fly.

And like Barbarian said, Reem's chin is more than suspect at this point. You'd be a fool to think Ngannou can't fuck him up badly in wild exchange.

Big Francis is gonna wreck him. Francis is naturally what Reem wishes he couldve been but needed steroids to become. Now Reem is a shell. Francis' fight experience is deceiving. He fights like a guy whos been fighting for 20 years. He is unusually calm and technical for someone so relatively new. And hes got freakish reach with massive power. Reem will be fighting scared and he'll get touched on that chin and its all over.

Back