People are mad at Dunkin' Donuts

Horse Style

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
A Dunkin' Donuts location in Baltimore had a sign in their window that read:

The sign read: "If you hear any of our staff shouting in a language other than English, please call 443-415-7775 immediately with the name of the employee to receive a coupon for free coffee and a pastry — General Manager."

And as you would imagine, the uproar began on Twitter. People are jumping to conclusions about this being racist and whatnot.

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal for a company in an English-speaking country to require its employees to speak only English while on the job. It's not as if the company is saying it doesn't want to hire anyone who speaks non-English languages or they are going to reprimand employees who speak a different language while not on the job.

Full Article: Controversial Dunkin' Donuts sign causes social media uproar

Now, it's time for Sherdoggers to express their outrage at the latest Twitter outrage. Go!

Will this work for ebonics is?

Sounds like a prank.

Lol. I personally don’t want employees gossiping in another language I don’t know.

Twitter outrage is the reason I don't have a Twitter account or ever will.

They should put that sign on the windows of one of those Korean nail salons, hahaha.

What's the point in even saying something like that.

I think "shouting" is one of the key words here.

And almost every Dunkin' Donuts where I live is owned or run by Indians or Pakistanis.

What's the point in even saying something like that.
They don't want employees yelling in a language the customers don't understand. There are definitely customers who would have a problem not understanding what a yelling employee is saying.

With that said, they should have the foresight to know a lot of whiny people would react like this.

Seems like too much trouble to find out the employee's name in that situation. Just call up like 'Paco Jimenez just shouted in Mexican' and get your free donut

Next week couponing will be the latest white supremacist atrocity

Seems like too much trouble to find out the employee's name in that situation. Just call up like 'Paco Jimenez just shouted in Mexican' and get your free donut

Me and a bunch of homeless dudes are going to the local Dunkin' Donuts tomorrow, find a brown employee and shout "CALLATE! CALLATE!!" behind her and collect our free meal.

Why are they giving employees free shit? For shouting? In a foreign language?

Those twitter cunts have too much time on their hands.

pretty much this, its not outrageous to expect employees to be speaking a certain language while they are representing your company, the outrageous part is that they are immediately out of the gate offering reward for snitching of this sort, like no investigation...no mention of if the person being cited actually did what it is being said they did... just free reward if you call us about anything.............#snitchsociety

Back