People never talk abt it, but Khabib did lose

I thought Tibau won the fight as well

Idc about the decision result but it did show khabibs takedowns aren't as invincible as people say. Especially if he moved up to 170

~DaViD~

Forget the weight, just the level of wrestler he would encounter up there is so much higher: Woodley, Covington, Usman, GSP.

Oddly enough 155 doesn't have many elite wrestlers in this recent era, so it has been perfect for Khabib to excel.

Close fight, far from a robbery. To say Nurmagomedov was gifted a win shows this is from a Khabib hater not a Tibau fan. So I stand by my previous statement...
View attachment 311143
I like Khabib most probaly my favorite LW fighter, still think he lost that fight, it was closebut but for me Tibau was the clear winner. In saying this Tibau had nodody to blaim for losing that fight in the judges eyes due to his lack of urgency

I like Khabib most probaly my favorite LW fighter, still think he lost that fight, it was closebut but for me Tibau was the clear winner. In saying this Tibau had nodody to blaim for losing that fight in the judges eyes due to his lack of urgency
Close fight, yet clear winner? Pick one buddy. They fight again today Tibau gets put away.

Khabib beat himself with his lack of commitment to the game #goodluckwiththatweightcut. Champions don't miss weight, serious red flags

tenor.gif

Tibau was cranked the fuck out......what's your point?

Close fight, yet clear winner? Pick one buddy. They fight again today Tibau gets put away.

I have said the same thing as the guy you quoted a lot considering the 10 point must system.For example Joanna vs Claudia 2 was a close fight but clearly Joanna lost the first two rounds and won the last three.Close fight with a clear winner,I think that's all he was saying.

As far as the fight I remember it being really close but idr who I thought won,iirc there wasn't a clear winner but that's a matter of opinion of course.Tons of close fights with a clear winner imo depending on what you consider "clear" but with a 10 point must system I consider this to happen semi often.

Khabib doesn't even approach MMA grappling the same way he did back then. His take down selection has completely changed since.

Khabib doesn't even approach MMA grappling the same way he did back then. His take down selection has completely changed since.
Yeah he was really fighting for that single leg and not going for trips or throws at all. It was a good learning experience for him.

Goodluck seeing Khabib fighting for a title any time soon. He is a big risk. Imagine putting together a multi million dollar press tour, then he smashes a Tiramisu on fight week and misses weight. He's a liability.

Forget the weight, just the level of wrestler he would encounter up there is so much higher: Woodley, Covington, Usman, GSP.

Oddly enough 155 doesn't have many elite wrestlers in this recent era, so it has been perfect for Khabib to excel.
That's actually a good point I haven't thought of. Rda can wrestle his ass off but is no woodley

~DaViD~

people were just expecting a dominant fight by Khabib but it didnt happened and they listened to those shit comments of Rogan.
yes I agree,it was a close fight but Tibau didnt do anything to win the fight.

just the haters are talking about this and mainly they are Conor nuthuggers

To me Khabib's never beaten a legit competitor.

He beat RDA, but if you look at the circumstances surrounding that it's easy to see why, RDA was trying a vegan diet for the first time ever, had a menagerie of injuries and all of it was before RDA went full beast mode on the LW division, the win has as much credibility now as Guida's old win against RDA does.

His best win is against Johnson who has solid boxing but that's about it, a guy who is far from a complete mixed martial artist.

I do feel sorry for Khabib, guy was supposed to fight Pettis for the title years ago, we've had 3 new champs since then. He does himself no favours by training at AKA, doing Ramadan every year and smashing the Tiramisu when he should be cutting weight.

Tibau has godlike TDD though, in his juiced up prime he was built like a tank and big for the division.

The worst matchup for Khabib in the top 10 is Kevin Lee, he grapplefucks everyone else imo. I think a guy like Prazeres is a tougher matchup for Khabib than anyone in the top 10 outside of Lee.

Tibau has godlike TDD though, in his juiced up prime he was built like a tank and big for the division.

The worst matchup for Khabib in the top 10 is Kevin Lee, he grapplefucks everyone else imo. I think a guy like Prazeres is a tougher matchup for Khabib than anyone in the top 10 outside of Lee.
I see this being said a lot but Lee's TDD isn't that good. He's been taken down by far worse grapplers. It'd be a good fight but I don't see how Lee wins.

Back