People never talk abt it, but Khabib did lose

Alves.jpg

what does Thiago Alves has to do with this?

He didnt win. There was only like 20 strikes landed by each in 3 rounds lol. About even there. Khabib more agro though. Terrible fight. Wall and stall 80% of it.

I remember Khabib said Tibau was bigger and stronger,even though Khabib would cut crazy amount of weight himself. Khabib tried to take him down whole fight and Tibau was only defending, if you want to be fair - its a draw, noone of them made enough to call it victory.

The only people who thought Khabib lost was Rogan, who always picks the side of the veteran over the newcomer. And everybody likes to post that MMAdecisions.com link how it has him 5-1 Tibau....as if they weren't swayed by Rogan's commentary and as if 3 of those 5 "media members" weren't from the same website! lmao

The average notable fight has 20 or so media member votes, not 6. Even if we went by what we have (to work with). Its 5 members for Tibau. 1 member + 3 judges for Khabib. So 5:4 for both fighters, showing how close the fight was.

If you're only giving away points based on TD defense and doing absolutely nothing to finish the fight or outpoint your opponent, sure you had Tibau. If you actually cared about aggression and octagon control, then Khabib won it hands down! Khabib may have failed a dozen TDs against a roided-EPO Tibau, but he attempted a dozen TDs.

Also should be pointed out, a few of those TDs only failed because referee Mario Yamasaki kept breaking them apart everytime Khabib had Tibau pinned against the cage about to take him down. Lot of stalling in that fight.

Khabib doesn't even approach MMA grappling the same way he did back then. His take down selection has completely changed since.
Yeah he was really fighting for that single leg and not going for trips or throws at all. It was a good learning experience for him.

He went back to his judo and sambo roots after that fight. No single or double legs. He uses sloppy boxing to close the distance, then takes them down standing up.

I would still love to see Khabib vs Tibau 2 just to shut the haters up.

Tibau's been banned for 2 years for EPD/drug use. He's making his comeback fight against Islam Makhachev. If Makhachev finishes Tibau, then he has no chance against Khabib. Matter of fact, win or lose, I'd like to see them throw him Rustam next. See how he fares well against drug-less Tibau.

Goodluck seeing Khabib fighting for a title any time soon. He is a big risk. Imagine putting together a multi million dollar press tour, then he smashes a Tiramisu on fight week and misses weight. He's a liability.
What the hell does that make a fighter like Conor then? He straight up refuses to even sign a contract.....At least Khabib has a fight booked.

Khabib did lose - Opinion
Khabib did not lose - Fact

people were just expecting a dominant fight by Khabib but it didnt happen

Just nitpicking here but Tibau was a decent favorite closing as high as -220 to Khabib's +170.

Khabib was the agressor and deserved the win. Even if he did lose, it was a close fight, Khabib was only 24 and Tibau was in his prime plus on steroids and EPO

Given Russia's recent controversy surrounding their Olympic athletes and steroids, it would not surprise me in the slightest if Khabib and a majority of other Russian fighters are juicing or have juiced

I honestly don't get some of the assumptions you boys and girls make here at the best of times...but 90% of a fighter's ability seems to be centered on 'what have you done for me lately'. But if you dislike a fighter, its all about yesterday.

The Gleison fight was years ago, and Khabib would have been 23 or so at the time. It was far from a robbery, either. I've rewatched it recently and Khabib pressured him the entire time, landed more strikes...I think it's just because he didn't ragdoll him like he's done to everyone else since that have brought the fight to people's attentions.

I'm quite happy to nod along to him Being unreliable, getting injured too frequently, struggling with weight, ect, but the Tibau fight doesn't dampen the hype around him in the slightest. The dude was easily the biggest weight cutter in the sport and seemed the most obvious candidate for pulling the roid/duiretic card....and that's what happened.

Can't fault him too much considering how long ago it was and Gleison getting popped since.

remember watching the fight and thinking tibau won as well. however, the guy is a dirty cheat so i dont mind him getting screwed in a decision.

The Tibau fight is mentioned in probably half the Khabib threads or a counter to posts about him. You don't know what you're talking about

So if you look at any fighters decision wins and then claim they lost then they lost?
I'm not sure the TS gets how it works, you can't just change a result because you don't agree with it.

Given Russia's recent controversy surrounding their Olympic athletes and steroids, it would not surprise me in the slightest if Khabib and a majority of other Russian fighters are juicing or have juiced
You bringing this argument into this is funny...And people say Conor's "Haters" are bad...

By that logic Conor lost twice vs Diaz. It doesn't matter what fat journos think, in the end judges decision matters. Khabib won fair and square vs a juicer.

While myself and Rogan\Goldie thought Khabib lost, the guy a few posts up pointed out that the Brazilian Frank Columbo was on more performance enhancing drugs than the entire stage of the 2017 Mr. Olympia. A clean Khabieber would have mopped a clean Tibau.

Yeah russians are famous for not taking PEDs and as Sherdog told us only ripped fighters can be on roids.

Btw I have a bridge to sell.

Back