People never talk abt it, but Khabib did lose

Khabib was the agressor and deserved the win. Even if he did lose, it was a close fight, Khabib was only 24 and Tibau was in his prime plus on steroids and EPO

Tibau was clean back then.

He used later on and got busted.

Yeah russians are famous for not taking PEDs and as Sherdog told us only ripped fighters can be on roids.

Btw I have a bridge to sell.
Has Khabib ever pissed hot before? Tibau has been proven to.

Huh? GSP vacated his belt. Did the very opposite of hijacking his division.
He hijacked it on the front end. Started calling Bisping out in June of 2016 even though he wouldn't be ready until Nov of 2017. The division got stalled from that very moment.

He negotiated in Oct, attended a press conference in early 2017, and still wouldn't be ready until late 2017.

The reason this is fucked is simple: He called out Bisping to secure the match-up. If he merely wanted a shot at the MW strap, he would have waited until mid 2017 to inject himself into the title picture and just call out whoever was champ.

The reality, he didn't want just any champ. He wanted the one eyed, nearly 40, low risk high reward Bisping. In the process he fucked the division.

He hijacked it on the front end. Started calling Bisping out in June of 2016 even though he wouldn't be ready until Nov of 2017. The division got stalled from that very moment.

He negotiated in Oct, attended a press conference in early 2017, and still wouldn't be ready until late 2017.

The reason this is fucked is simple: He called out Bisping to secure the match-up. If he merely wanted a shot at the MW strap, he would have waited until mid 2017 to inject himself into the title picture and just call out whoever was champ.

The reality, he didn't want just any champ. He wanted the one eyed, nearly 40, low risk high reward Bisping. In the process he fucked the division.

And he made a boat load of money on an easy fight to win two belts while McNugget fans like you like mad. PZ BRAH

And he made a boat load of money on an easy fight to win two belts while McNugget fans like you like mad. PZ BRAH
How does that make me a Conor fan? He's screwing the LW division the same way GSP screwed the MW division... The only real difference is that Conor doesn't pretend to be 'for the fighters'. He knows he's in it for himself.

He lost to Tibau but Khabib got a gift decision

Shows he's far from unbeatable

Sidenote--- Tibau is a good fighter. Considering Bisping and GSP are retiring, I wouldn't be surprised if he holds the all time most fights in ufc history spot for a while one day.

If you give him the 3 times the judges screwed him (khabib, Melvin and Dunham) he's 19-7 in the UFC. Better win percentage than Bisping

low key a good solid fighter. coming back from suspension against another beast. He's fought everyone.

gsp literally lost
jon jones lost to gustafsson, had to illegally spike vitors head on the ground to get out of the armbar, and was disqualified for cheating against matt hamill
fedor lost to arona

so it goes on

Alves.jpg

tibau_el.0_cinema_1050.0-1024x575.jpg

that first one is a great pic of tibau, sometimes i try to explain to my buddies why "lightweight" isnt what they think it means and that they would get murdered by lightweights

Tibau's TDD is pretty fantastic. He might be the hardest non-elite fight for him in the division.

Also if neither fighter does anything significant for 15 minutes it should be a draw imo.

Last edited:
It was close. When I first saw the fight and people started talking this gift decision idea, I was agreeing with them. But the years have passed and I rewatched the fight again last month... Khabib won. It was no gift. He was neutralized for the first half of the fight but wasn't necessarily losing. Then he changed up the strategy and took over.

Regardless of whether he won or lost the fight. He's been clowned at lightweight.

The RDA win wasn't impressive, some nice takedowns, but no effective GnP or damage, just lay and pray, with RDA looking at worst annoyed and even landing a few takedowns of his own later in the fight.

MJ absorbed near 3 rounds of flush GnP and didn't get TKO'd.

Even khabib's most notable wins aren't very convincing IMO

You don't win fights by stuffing takedowns and not making the other guy pay. Obviously Khabib won because he kept coming without taking damage and Hulk was gassing out and holding on for dear life. Rogan was off his game. All he was taking note of was Khabib's takedowns getting stuffed. Yes, he was mostly neutralized, but his offense was the only offense to speak of.

Regardless of whether he won or lost the fight. He's been clowned at lightweight.

The RDA win wasn't impressive, some nice takedowns, but no effective GnP or damage, just lay and pray, with RDA looking at worst annoyed and even landing a few takedowns of his own later in the fight.

MJ absorbed near 3 rounds of flush GnP and didn't get TKO'd.

Even khabib's most notable wins aren't very convincing IMO
Go spend some time at your local BJJ gym. I think as an observer you have a lack of appreciation/understanding for what you are seeing..

Even if you give Tibau that, and that's really questionable, Khabib has never been easy for any opponent. That much is true.

Your reasoning isn't all that solid if you cling onto your conviction based on that fight.
Tony whooped his ass though. Dat MMath though

No shit no one with a brain thought he was going to be a champion. He's Jon Fitch 2.0

Back