People who stand too close to you in line at the store

You need to learn from this violent unsung hero.

The land whale kept getting close to the guy and even bumped to him a few times. He then filled the checkout line with shopping carts

grocery-cart-throwing-cart.gif
Damn. He unleashed all the power of the warriors

63ff75646a3e7457bf2af8fbfc150604.gif

I’ve noticed certain races and cultures tend to do this or have zero sense of personal space.

Reactions: 666
So I was at the local convenience store/gas station. Ran in quick to grab a drink after I got some gas.

While I'm at the counter and the guy is ringing me up, I feel breath against my neck. Very warm, sticky feeling breath. I think I felt some spit too. Mouth breather.

I do a spin around and some crackhead looking dude is literally standing about 2 inches behind me, slightly to the right. Breathing heavy with body language that indicated he was in a rush and had 0 patience. He was so close I almost bumped him when I turned around.

I always stand at least a foot behind the person in front of me. I don't know what the deal was with this guy, but it wasnt the first time this happened. Some people just really, really stand too close.

Anyone have this happen to them?
732ea18e-b2d6-45c9-95fe-9b71cc9de845_text.gif

tumblr_mej3inifS81rrsuiko1_400.gif

The Chinese do not have the same sense of personal space Americans do. I went on a cruise that must have been marketed to a large immigrant Chinese population. The boat was a shit show. Stand right in your face on an elevator after eating raw onions for breakfast. Doing laps in a packed pool. Cut you on lines and smile right in your mug. Breath on your neck in hallways. Never again. Different cultures have different boundaries, they have very little. Friendly, just not aware.

The Chinese do not have the same sense of personal space Americans do. I went on a cruise that must have been marketed to a large immigrant Chinese population. The boat was a shit show. Stand right in your face on an elevator after eating raw onions for breakfast. Doing laps in a packed pool. Cut you on lines and smile right in your mug. Breath on your neck in hallways. Never again. Different cultures have different boundaries, they have very little. Friendly, just not aware.

It's a similar feeling for Brits meeting Americans. Stand to close, overly friendly, loud, oppressively positive with gross self belief.

It's a similar feeling for Brits meeting Americans. Stand to close, overly friendly, loud, oppressively positive with gross self belief.
That is so weird because in my travels in the pubs when abroad and here it's the Brits that are that way. Friendly, arms around you singing songs getting hammered. From 1996-2006 I worked for a global fortune 100 company with 100k employees. We would have managers meetings once a year usually in Orlando due to the size of hotels. Every year several Brits would get fired for over the top behavior. And all my years bartending in NYC as far as groups go, the Brits were always the loudest. Australians next.

That is so weird because in my travels in the pubs when abroad and here it's the Brits that are that way. Friendly, arms around you singing songs getting hammered. From 1996-2006 I worked for a global fortune 100 company with 100k employees. We would have managers meetings once a year usually in Orlando due to the size of hotels. Every year several Brits would get fired for over the top behavior. And all my years bartending in NYC as far as groups go, the Brits were always the loudest. Australians next.
Ahh yes. This is a class distinction. 50yrs ago the lower classes aped the upper class, now considerably less so. Sorry I'm speaking from an upper class perspective. Good observation/point!

Almost everywhere in Europe they stand and speak much closer to each other than we do in the States. Maybe it is why we are loud to many over there? Germans are super close talkers in my experience. Combined with their dubious past, it made me extremely uncomfortable. Like we were in some clandestine meeting or something.

So I was at the local convenience store/gas station. Ran in quick to grab a drink after I got some gas.

While I'm at the counter and the guy is ringing me up, I feel breath against my neck. Very warm, sticky feeling breath. I think I felt some spit too. Mouth breather.

I do a spin around and some crackhead looking dude is literally standing about 2 inches behind me, slightly to the right. Breathing heavy with body language that indicated he was in a rush and had 0 patience. He was so close I almost bumped him when I turned around.

I always stand at least a foot behind the person in front of me. I don't know what the deal was with this guy, but it wasnt the first time this happened. Some people just really, really stand too close.

just grope them.

they will step back or start to kiss you

win/win

Another great idea for you.

I cannot stand it when people are too close to me at a supermarket checkout. I will glare at them a bit to start if they're too close or I will simply ask them politely but firmly to please step back a bit. And they DO move back when I assertively tell them to.
People don't seem to understand that standing 6inches behind the person in front of you won't make them checkout all their purchases any faster. It just serves to irritate everyone. Same thing with being tailgated on the highway except nobody is gonna let anyone through in a checkout line unless it's a pregnant woman, a disabled person, a hot chick (lol) OR someone who has one item say and you have like 50 items.

2nd Supermarket irritation for me :
Personally I also find it highly irritating when the person in front of me who is getting checked out at the cashier having a whole long in-depth chit-chat and gossip with the checkout person. usually 2 women like old friends who haven't spoken in 3months. Then of course the customers card doesn't work or gets declined or she hasn't got enough cash or she argues about a discount she should be getting..... etc.etc. I'm just pay cash and go, minimal interaction.

3rd supermarket irritation for me ....One final beef :
- I'm not sure why but I really strongly dislike seeing other supermarket shoppers eating and drinking their purchases BEFORE getting through the checkout. And then they keep the empty bottle or cookies packet and it's scanned and they pay but.... until you pay for stuff the products are owned by the supermarket so quit consuming them before paying. You won't DIE if you don't slurp that orange juice or eat 3 cookies. Just wait til you've bought them FFS.

Back