Persona 5

Well my first playthrough took just under 116 hours.

Oh... I should mention that your SP3's will follow you in to your NG+.

{<redford}

Edit: I doubt I'm going to betray best girl priestess in any of my future playthroughs... it's Naoto all over again.

what level were you when you finished and does your level transfer?

ive been doing most of the compendium as i go im level 63 with like 70% done

i think i missed a few, but i will def 100% it in NG+

i think im gonna abuse the lockdown system and start with a persona thats null/absorb/repel at least 3 damage types, then make him null to everything + an almighty skill. that way he will be invincible if i wanna play the highest difficulty in NG+

white rider seems like a good candidate (invincible to fire bless and curse)

Last edited by a moderator:
what level were you when you finished and does your level transfer?

I was either 73 or 74 when I finished and no your level doesn't transfer.

You can use any of your personas in your NG+ though.

I may or may not have just stormed palace 1 with a level 80 Siegfried.

I was either 73 or 74 when I finished and no your level doesn't transfer.

You can use any of your personas in your NG+ though.

I may or may not have just stormed palace 1 with a level 80 Siegfried.

did you get close to maxing all the social links?

did you get close to maxing all the social links?

Only hermit (lacked kindness when she unlocked... probably could have maxed it) and strength were skipped.

You have enough time to max them all.

Going through the third palace currently, another really cool design. I finally ran into a party character I don't like. For some reason I cannot stand Makoto, even after her transformation. I acutally refuse to put her in my party. At the moment I have Ryuji and Ann alternating time on the squad.

I feel like I'm not doing the whole Persona thing correctly either. I haven't fused much at all so far. I've been leveling up the ones I did collect to unlock every skill they can learn, then register them so that way I have more to choose from when fusing inherited skills. Seems like my elemental attacks are weaker than they should be while I'm fighting the shadows in the third palace. Making a good amount of money though with the negotiating skills I got from the Sun confidant. Bought the cheapest SP adhesive and although it only restores 3 SP per turn, it's helped me get further through the palace. Unfortunately it took me 2 palaces to realize I should be doing them asap and in one day if possible to maximize my time.

Definitely think I'm going to go with the Takemi as my romantic link the first time around, although the teacher is making me think about it.

Finally @Random, you said you started a NG+. What exactly transfers over to a NG+?

@Total Immortal All of the weapons/armor/accessories/skill cards/money/personas you've collected.

Your maxed confidants will also give you an item during your final game day that gives you access to their bonuses once you've gotten them to rank 1 in the NG.

@Total Immortal All of the weapons/armor/accessories/skill cards/money/personas you've collected.

Your maxed confidants will also give you an item during your final game day that gives you access to their bonuses once you've gotten them to rank 1 in the NG.

I'm glad you edited in that second part. My main concern was confidant levels not transferring over. I saw there's a trophy for maxing them all out, which to me seems hard to do in one game. There are 21 of them, and only like 2-3 level up by playing the game.

Going through the third palace currently, another really cool design. I finally ran into a party character I don't like. For some reason I cannot stand Makoto, even after her transformation. I acutally refuse to put her in my party. At the moment I have Ryuji and Ann alternating time on the squad.

I feel like I'm not doing the whole Persona thing correctly either. I haven't fused much at all so far. I've been leveling up the ones I did collect to unlock every skill they can learn, then register them so that way I have more to choose from when fusing inherited skills. Seems like my elemental attacks are weaker than they should be while I'm fighting the shadows in the third palace. Making a good amount of money though with the negotiating skills I got from the Sun confidant. Bought the cheapest SP adhesive and although it only restores 3 SP per turn, it's helped me get further through the palace. Unfortunately it took me 2 palaces to realize I should be doing them asap and in one day if possible to maximize my time.

Definitely think I'm going to go with the Takemi as my romantic link the first time around, although the teacher is making me think about it.

Finally @Random, you said you started a NG+. What exactly transfers over to a NG+?

I wouldn't worry to much about trying to get the most out of fusing Persona in the early goings, it's more important to have access to them in the compendium so you can summon when needed. At a minimum you want to be sure you have your basic elements covered and have at least one Persona of your Confidant types. If your compendium is full, you can easily rank up low level Persona in the end game.

I'm only getting ready to start the 3rd palace, so I'm not sure if the Persona skill cards work the same, but I'm guessing they do since I've picked up one so far in my travels. One of the Persona skills allows Persona to gather exp weather they are active or not. Once you get access to this skill card you can essentially assign it to low level Persona in high level dungeons and level them up in bulk, then you can fuse like crazy. Especially once you gain access to fusing like 6 Persona in one shot, you'll leveling like crazy to try and fuse the perfect Persona.

Persona's take so much exp to level you should be fusing them whenever they start to fall behind your own level, unless you really like them and boost their level with another persona.

Each one has different stats so if you're finding your magic not doing much damage they might have a low magic stat or be way under the level of the Shadows you're facing.

Plus as you fuse persona's together you register your new ones to be re-summoned later for new and different fusions.

I'm glad you edited in that second part. My main concern was confidant levels not transferring over. I saw there's a trophy for maxing them all out, which to me seems hard to do in one game. There are 21 of them, and only like 2-3 level up by playing the game.

I may have been wrong about what transfers over (I'll take a look during my next session).

I don't think all of the playable confidant bonuses will transfer over (just a select rank bonus), but all the non-playable ones seem to give you their level 1-10 bonuses once you've got them to rank 1 in the new game.

I wouldn't worry to much about trying to get the most out of fusing Persona in the early goings, it's more important to have access to them in the compendium so you can summon when needed. At a minimum you want to be sure you have your basic elements covered and have at least one Persona of your Confidant types. If your compendium is full, you can easily rank up low level Persona in the end game.

I'm only getting ready to start the 3rd palace, so I'm not sure if the Persona skill cards work the same, but I'm guessing they do since I've picked up one so far in my travels. One of the Persona skills allows Persona to gather exp weather they are active or not. Once you get access to this skill card you can essentially assign it to low level Persona in high level dungeons and level them up in bulk, then you can fuse like crazy. Especially once you gain access to fusing like 6 Persona in one shot, you'll leveling like crazy to try and fuse the perfect Persona.

I know I picked up one blank skill card from the event where you get the Emperor confidant, and then the DLC skill card set, which I believe is just the basic elemental skills and healing skills. Haven't put them on any of my personas yet, will mess around with all of this after I finish the 3rd palace. Hoping to get to the treasure room in one day, not too far out from it. IMO the third palace is smaller than the first two.

I know I picked up one blank skill card from the event where you get the Emperor confidant, and then the DLC skill card set, which I believe is just the basic elemental skills and healing skills. Haven't put them on any of my personas yet, will mess around with all of this after I finish the 3rd palace. Hoping to get to the treasure room in one day, not too far out from it. IMO the third palace is smaller than the first two.

Another reason to wait on the Persona fusing is the burst bonus you get when the Confidant Rank is high. It's a nice boost at the low ranks, but at the higher ranks these bonuses are huge.

I haven't done much fusing either, and pretty much have only done it to fill out the compendium.

if you have enough money, using the gallows and sacrificing high level personas is way faster

with level 10 confidents i get like 14000 XP per sacrifice, the game also reduces the XP you receive from a battle if youre a higher level than your opponent. i dont know the actual multiplier but if i beat a persona like 6 levels below me and it says I get 1000 xp i only get maybe 200-300. if i beat one thats the same level as me, i get the full amount

idk if this counts for personas levelling, but i make my personas level 2-3x just from fusing one persona that takes maybe 30k yen to summon from the compendium

Finished up palace 4. Fuck could i be more in love with this game? Yusuke went from WOAT to GOAT. I hope this new hacker chick fits in w the group dynamic well, its been A1 with the everyone else.

I try to avoid posts in here that look like they could spoil something, but I stumbled upon one saying I get to fuck these bitches eventually?!? Will make sure I make a separate save at that point so I fuck all the hos at some point

Here's what your rank 1 confidants will have in your NG+ if you've maxed them in your prior save.

Playable

Lovers : Fashion Magazine (Sexy Technique + Crocodile Tears) - Negotiation intervention
Chariot : Sports Watch (Harisen Recovery) - Slapping you out of status ailments
Magician : Morgana's Scarf (Pickpocket) - Chance for Joker to steal an item from the enemy when using a melee attack
Emperor : Desire and Hope (Skill cards) - Any skill card can be copied
Priestess : Bunchi Calculator (Shadow Factorization) - See Null, Repel, and Drain while highlighting a target
Empress : Dyed Handkerchief (Soil Improvement) - Vegetable cultivation time is reduced
Hermit : *left her at rank 1 because... lazy?

Non-playable

Temperance : Unlimited Service - Special Massage
Death : Dog Tag - All items sold at the clinic
Fortune : Fortune Tarot Card - All fortune readings
Devil : Interview Notes - Legendary Scoop (Security level will not increase and will drop to 0 overnight)
Star : Kosha Piece - Instantly escape battle
Hierophant : Recipe Notes - Best quality coffee/curry
Moon : Documentary Plans - All EXP benefits unlocked
Hanged-man : Gecko Pin - All customization unlocked
Sun : Fountain Pen - All speech abilities unlocked
Tower : Gun Controller - All gun techniques unlocked

Last edited:
Been pushing through the third palace, trying to get to the treasure room in one go. I'm really close but man is it getting close. Almost everyone is low or completely out of SP and I only have one SP1 adhesive so recovery takes forever. I don't want to use my SP recovery items since I don't have a lot of them, trying to save my Soma for later in the game. Looks like I'll either be running from battles or using only melee attack pretty soon. On the plus side all my exploring and going back and forth throughout the bank has racked me up over 200K yen and a shitload of exp.

edit: Been meaning to ask this, but is there a way you can find out which ladies like what gifts without just looking it up online? I got lucky when I gave Takemi a cactus, but now that I bought a bunch of the gifts I have no way of knowing what to give who.

Last edited:
Been pushing through the third palace, trying to get to the treasure room in one go. I'm really close but man is it getting close. Almost everyone is low or completely out of SP and I only have one SP1 adhesive so recovery takes forever. I don't want to use my SP recovery items since I don't have a lot of them, trying to save my Soma for later in the game. Looks like I'll either be running from battles or using only melee attack pretty soon. On the plus side all my exploring and going back and forth throughout the bank has racked me up over 200K yen and a shitload of exp.

edit: Been meaning to ask this, but is there a way you can find out which ladies like what gifts without just looking it up online? I got lucky when I gave Takemi a cactus, but now that I bought a bunch of the gifts I have no way of knowing what to give who.

Outside of a guide I don't think so besides getting to know their personalities.

For instance Ann is really into fashion, she constantly mentions cholocolate, so I've given her designer perfume and some sort of chocolates and got the 3 social point response.

Also gave a book cover to the Star Persona because it fit with her personality.

Can usually find a thing that fits, but yeah there are some gifts that unless I haven't met them yet, I've got no idea who's going to like it lol.

It might be worth fast traveling back to the first safe room and get into an encounter with some of the weaker enemies, get it down to one weak enemy, and just block turn after turn to build up a descent amount of SP. Then switch the accessory to another character and repeat the process. It might be a long method, but it might be worth it if you're close to the end.

It might be worth fast traveling back to the first safe room and get into an encounter with some of the weaker enemies, get it down to one weak enemy, and just block turn after turn to build up a descent amount of SP. Then switch the accessory to another character and repeat the process. It might be a long method, but it might be worth it if you're close to the end.

I actually had planned on doing that, but it would take forever. I did find a quicker way on accident. I screwed up and got ambushed by 4 higher fairies and they put my entire party to sleep. Everyone would recover HP and SP every turn unless one used a wind attack which would wake them. Not an ideal way but you recover more SP sleeping than with the SP1 adhesive.

Back