Persona 5

Having the same SP problem in palace 5. It's the worst. Every other palace before this I did in one try, had to leave and hoping on this second try I can get it done.

I hit up mementos to get cash and treasure, didn't even think of the idea above ^^^^ amazing idea

Doing the 3rd Palace right off the bat in one day was the best decision I've made in the game so far. Now I have almost 3 weeks to do whatever I want while I wait for the deadline. Which is much needed because this game really makes you think hard about how to spend your time. I want to do activities to raise my stats but there's always someone who wants to hang out, and raising confidant ranks is important as hell too. Now after doing the palace I found 4 additional confidants to try and level up.

Still leaning towards the Death confidant as my main romantic angle, but the more time I spend with Temperance the more I like her, and now after getting the Devil confidant I'm more indecisive than ever. I guess I have a thing for older women with short hair..

finished the last confidant with 6 extra days to spare before the last (or 2nd to last?) dungeon. only 2 confidants that arent maxed are ones that automatically level with the story

weird having free time and nothing to do LOL

dont think it would be possible without focusing on the fortune confidant and abusing the fuck out of it

Last edited by a moderator:
finished the last confidant with 6 extra days to spare before the last (or 2nd to last?) dungeon. only 2 confidants that arent maxed are ones that automatically level with the story

weird having free time and nothing to do LOL

dont think it would be possible without focusing on the fortune confidant and abusing the fuck out of it

Can't wait to have those problems, I'm in early July right before the deadline for the 3rd palace and I can't decide between using my time to build my stats or spend time with confidants. Now I just unlocked fishind which I really want to try, but I still have to finish unlocking the fortune teller and Shogi player. SOOO much to do in this game!

Can't wait to have those problems, I'm in early July right before the deadline for the 3rd palace and I can't decide between using my time to build my stats or spend time with confidants. Now I just unlocked fishind which I really want to try, but I still have to finish unlocking the fortune teller and Shogi player. SOOO much to do in this game!

fortune teller, up to level 7 is probably the biggest time saver. hang out with her before any other stat or confidant

she makes it faster to level up both stats and confidants

there have been so many days when a confidant wasnt going to level up ("i dont think were going to become closer yet"), then i visited the fortune teller for an affinity reading, and then i was able to level them that day ("I feel like our bond will become deeper soon")

saved me at least 12 day/evenings on confidants, she levels up social stats faster if you visit her first, but idk how much of an effect it has

nice av btw

fortune teller, up to level 7 is probably the biggest time saver. hang out with her before any other stat or confidant

she makes it faster to level up both stats and confidants

there have been so many days when a confidant wasnt going to level up ("i dont think were going to become closer yet"), then i visited the fortune teller for an affinity reading, and then i was able to level them that day ("I feel like our bond will become deeper soon")

saved me at least 12 day/evenings on confidants, she levels up social stats faster if you visit her first, but idk how much of an effect it has

nice av btw

Wait so you can go to her and get a reading without making time pass?

Wait so you can go to her and get a reading without making time pass?

her confidant reward is to get different kinds of readings that are separate from the kind that build her confidant level and make time pass.

theres "luck reading" where you pick a social stat, and then you get a bonus to that stat if you raise it that day
like if i get guts reading, and then hang out with doc, ill get +3 points instead of +2

the other valuable one is "affinity reading" where you pick a confidant, and then you get bonus points when you hang out with them. so you very rarely ever have to spend a day without raising the level

its saved me at least 20 day/evenings total

This is how you kill momentum in a game. Holy shit. Spoiler talks about the beginning of Palace 5 (or 6)

This futuristic palace can kiss my ass. Christ. This hatch puzzle is the worst

This is how you kill momentum in a game. Holy shit. Spoiler talks about the beginning of Palace 5 (or 6)

This futuristic palace can kiss my ass. Christ. This hatch puzzle is the worst

The palaces only get worse from here.

I can say one thing I don't like is how the game will sometimes not let you use your free time at all. Final exams for example. You can't do anything the the entire day. Same goes for the following 3-4 days afterwards where it's just too many cutscenes. You should have a lot more control imo.

I can say one thing I don't like is how the game will sometimes not let you use your free time at all. Final exams for example. You can't do anything the the entire day. Same goes for the following 3-4 days afterwards where it's just too many cutscenes. You should have a lot more control imo.

That was something that was annoying in person p4 for me also. Sometimes your character has a short conversation and then it's evening. I guess it's a lazy way to make sure we don't get too many days and make the game easy. At least p5 is possible to max every stat/relationship. Previous ones were impossible by design and you could only max it in NG+

I want to strangle that fucking cat for taking my evenings
C8yIimQUIAAMYgk.jpg

I'm in the final dungeon and trying to max out my compendium but having level 10 ryuji makes grinding for money WAY more annoying and I already spent millions to keep summoning and then fusing higher than my level

If you're 10+ levels higher than opponent than he always cancels the battle on an ambush. So I can't ambush and the opponents here keep casting fear which makes the battle more of a pain in the ass

Ryuji is by far my biggest damage dealer other than joker once he learned charge

-I have empress cast heat rider (increase attack)
-Have ryuji charge (multiplies damage by 2.5-3x)
-Hit a critical with joker (sometimes use the gun critical if no weakness)
-Baton pass to ryuji and then have him use his strongest phys attack

Absolutely destroys subbosses, he hit for 5k damage last time, which means he averages 2.5k damage per turn. Absolutely insane

My main boss party is
-Priestess healing every turn

-ryuji doing charge then attack

-Joker using charge then attack (or concentrate and magic attack, defending if there's an elemental weakness)

-Empress using heat riser or one shot one kill (high chance of crit which allows baton pass to joker/ryuji)

Might swap empress for Morgana and slam miracle punch for more crits but empress is the only one I have that can raise attack for ryuji and joker

Last edited by a moderator:
That palace I mentioned earlier had to end with the worst possible boss fight.

God dammit. Oh well, finished it up.

Finished up Palace 3 in a day, and man did that turn into a slog at the end. I head Death up to rank 7 so I was able to get a SP Adhesive 3 and a 2 to keep my SP at descent levels, but down in the lower levels there were so many damn Oni enemies who didn't have a weakness to capitiize on and were resistant to Physical, so I ended up burning more SP in the battles than I wanted. After I secured the infiltration route I spent some time in the Velvet room working on my Strength Confidant with the Twins. I've read Fortune is coming up so before I leave I'm going to regroup my SP and grind out some more cash before I'm done for the day.

Every time Shido speaks, my mind instantly goes to Donald Trump with Shido's talking points and the general public' acceptance of him haha

Man every time I think they can't make the next palace better than the one I just did I get proven wrong. The Pyramid Palace was awesome! Cool boss fight also.

Glad I did it asap and now have 3 weeks to raise my stats and raise confidant ranks. By far the hardest part for me is trying to divide my time between them all. I have Temperance at 9, Death at 7 and Moon at 6. The rest are all between 3 and 6. My plan is to try and even them all out to level 6, then proceed to level the ones I feel are most important. Still don't have Hanged Man yet, it's taking me forever to get my Guts to level 4.

I finally got Futaba on my team and

I thought for sure she'd be an actual party member, and not just a support nav. Feel like I wasted an opportunity since I waited the entire time she was asleep until she joined the crew to go to Mementos since I wanted to level her up. Had I known she was just a support I wouldn't have waited. I had 4 requests waiting, one of which I need to complete to level up the Death confidant. Seems like I wasted some time.

On the other hand, I really like Futaba as a character, plus her Palace and the boss fight were awesome.

Back