Peter Aerts: "I fought Sam Greco while drunk."

Hagelslag2

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Aerts, Schilt and Hoost did an interview for a new Dutch kickboxing youtube channel. Here's the link, but be warned that the auto-translate is horrible.

Anyway, they asked the guys if they would make the same decisions if they could do it all again. Aerts said the following.

"You know, I used to be a bit of a wild guy when I was younger. I would do things the same as I did. Look, if I had been more serious, I would've won the K-1 WGP more often, I think. I was constantly partying. I would arrive drunk to fights, but I would fight. I would just go 5 rounds. The first time with Sam Greco, I arrived drunk (at the hotel), picked up my stuff and went off to the fights. The last years, ever since I've met my wife, I became more serious."

Aerts is like a mix of the drunken kung fu master and the drunken barbarian raider lol

We all know around here Peter loves to drink and get high!

This kind of thing you're talking about is a loser. This undermines the adversary and the event.

I mean, he stepped from the commentator’s booth once to fight Hoost once, when Big Bob pulled out at the last second. Even had to wear Semmy’s shorts.

I
Aerts, Schilt and Hoost did an interview for a new Dutch kickboxing youtube channel. Here's the link, but be warned that the auto-translate is horrible.

Anyway, they asked the guys if they would make the same decisions if they could do it all again. Aerts said the following.

"You know, I used to be a bit of a wild guy when I was younger. I would do things the same as I did. Look, if I had been more serious, I would've won the K-1 WGP more often, I think. I was constantly partying. I would arrive drunk to fights, but I would fight. I would just go 5 rounds. The first time with Sam Greco, I arrived drunk (at the hotel), picked up my stuff and went off to the fights. The last years, ever since I've met my wife, I became more serious."

I don't understand how you can watch that shit show, it's literally the worst thing ever. I tried watching once, and they had a segment which was an incredibly lame and blatant rip off of HBO boxing's face off, where both fighters sit at one end of the table, taunting each other, talking trash in the most pathetic and incompetent way. And the host asks the most moronic questions the entire show. It was the most idiotic, laughable, superficial nonsense I've ever seen. I already didn't like Jeroen what's his name as a ring annoucer during the It's Show Time days, and he sucks donkey balls as a commentator as well, but this latest gig as a host of this show takes the cake. The cringe is strong with this one. What a pile of garbage. Bonjasky does decent enough interviews on his YouTube channel.

Last edited:
I

I don't understand how you can watch that shit show, it's literally the worst thing ever. I tried watching once, and they had a segment which was an incredibly lame and blatant rip off of HBO boxing's face off, where both fighters sit at one end of the table, taunting each other, talking trash in the most pathetic and incompetent way. And the host asks the most moronic questions the entire show. It was the most idiotic, laughable, superficial nonsense I've ever seen. I already didn't like Jeroen what's his name as a ring annoucer during the It's Show Time days, and he suck donkey balls as a commentator as well, but this latest gig as a host of this show takes the cake. The cringe is strong with this one. What a pile of garbage. Bonjasky does decent enough interviews on his YouTube channel.

I am from The Netherlands and I also didn't like the interviews. Only saw 1 episode and some seconds of other, but it's missing something and just not that attractable. Vechtersbazen does a way better job

Only saw 1 episode and some seconds of other, but it's missing something...
Yes, it's missing a decent host!
Vechtersbazen does a way better job
Yup, much better. I also found this episode of Say What with Nieky Holzken quite entertaining. Doesn't go deep at all, but still better than The Punch (just the name of that show is already wrong... smh). I like the story about how Joerie Mes got his nickname The Shark. Mike Passenier obviously a fan of the Jaws movies. :D

Last edited:
Andy Hug used to go to discos and start fights with other people to get a good workout .... all those guys were a bit wild. 3 and 5 round fights just aren't demanding enough.

There are several fighters fighting on the street before fighting in fight events. We can cite several examples such as Tank Abbott fighting in Huntington Beach gang fights. Inclusiver fought with Wallid and Alan Goes backstage at the UFC. Kimo Leopoldo was also another who fought in the street. Rickson Gracie was fighting in the street with several fights even photographed. Alexandre Breck was another who participated of several fights against Capoerista in beaches in Brazil.
Jose "Pele" Landi-Jons of Chute Boxe was another who fought several times in the inclkusiver street against Anderson Silva.
This is true fights with proof. Aogra I think this interview that this staff counts this advantage and only lie.

Andy Hug used to go to discos and start fights with other people to get a good workout .... all those guys were a bit wild. 3 and 5 round fights just aren't demanding enough.
Let's for example Andy Hug he lived in Sursee in Switzerland. If he fights there he would be arrested.

Back