Petition for Science and Philosophy Subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mens Rea**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So many threads are getting locked and wastelanded. It's terrible.

There's obviously a number of people who want to talk about this stuff. Why don't we open a Science and Philosophy subforum?

There have been dozens of good threads locked (and many also wastelanded) in the past months. Why?

Check out this thread I created, Top 15 Misconceptions about Evolution. It's not a bad thread. In fact, Zankou--a mod--posted in it a handful of times. Yet it was wastelanded and locked. Was Zankou not doing his job?

All those in favor of a Science & Philosophy subforum in Mayberry, under Mayberry rules, please post here.

Hmm, I almost got a religion and philosophy subforum approved. I will try to push it through again, this time with science added --- religions, science, and philosophy. Sounds like a good idea?

Good idea, but won't it be flooded with the usual neo-nazis and islamist nutters.

Meh, I see no reason to lock them but keep them in the wasteland for sure. You can still talk about them there. Even if they made a sub forum, they probably wouldnt allow posts to count there, so it would still be about the same.

Good idea, but won't it be flooded with the usual neo-nazis and islamist nutters.

There's a legitimate concern about that, but it would be moderated with a brutal, iron fist. The rules would be Mayberry rules, rather than warroom rules.

Hmm, I almost got a religion and philosophy subforum approved. I will try to push it through again, this time with science added --- religions, science, and philosophy. Sounds like a good idea?

So you mean it got shot down? Horrid.

There's a legitimate concern about that, but it would be moderated with a brutal, iron fist. The rules would be Mayberry rules, rather than warroom rules.

It seems a shame you can talking about fucking goats and laugh about someone's relative dying of cancer on these boards, but you can't call a religious fundamentalist a fucking moron.

It seems a shame you can talking about fucking goats and laugh about someone's relative dying of cancer on these boards, but you can't call a religious fundamentalist a fucking moron.

Actually beastiality posts arent allowed and why would people care so much about calling someone a moron over what they believe in. If you know that what you believe is right than be secure and dont worry about what someone else believes in. That goes for both sides.

Sounds even better. I would definitely get behind that. I'm not sensitive. It just seems useless if it is nothing but insults and name calling.

Actually beastiality posts arent allowed

Oh, I haven't posted much in the OT for years. Maybe things have changed and it's all meaningful discussion now.

why would people care so much about calling someone a moron over what they believe in. If you know that what you believe is right than be secure and dont worry about what someone else believes in. That goes for both sides.

Because some like to impose their beliefs on others. Nothing is ever going to change if we are always so nice to them.

Yeah I don't understand why that thread got closed. You were just asking for books. You weren't even trying to debate anything.

Exactly. I was just suggesting some books as well as asking suggestions from others. I don't see where subject matter should be relevant. If I were suggesting crime novels I don't think it would have been moved.

that doesn't make any sense, these threads should be allowed in both Mayberry and War Room ( with set of rules applied accordingly )

hell they even get closed and deleted in the wasteland... why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back