Ray Cooper lll 15-5 vs Jake shields 33-10-1
Rick Story 21-9 vs Handesson Ferreira 12-1-1

Magomedkerimov 20-5 vs Pablo kusch 23-6
Joao zeferino 23-9 vs bojan velickovic 16-7-1

Abusupiyan 21-3 vs umalatov 18-6-1
Bruno santos 18-2 vs sadibou sy 7-3

Gamzatov 13-0 vs John Howard 26-14
Louis Taylor 16-4 vs Rex harris 11-4

Louis Taylor is going to be a tough out.

They are at playoffs? Jeez I have been so busy with UFC, Bellator, and Rizin I haven't seen anything since the first event.

16ll4k.jpg

Why pick a guy who barely got into the tournament in the first place vs one of the most consistent and composed fighter in it (who knows how to wrestle). Due to the special rules in the Quaters, Taylor literally only has to win the first round to advance.

I've been watching and enjoying the PFL. I like the structure. It is something different which I like in the sport.

excited for these playoffs. Multiple fights in one night will always get me up.

André lobato 24-9 vs Eddie Gordon 8-6

Abubakar nurmagomedov 15-2 vs yuri villefort 11-7

Added as alternate fights

Welterweight is fucking stacked. Though those Santos/Sy and Shields/Cooper rematches show the flaws in a true sport system for MMA.

Kinda cool to have a rematch so shortly after the first fight. But I don’t see it going much differently. Cooper will finish shields again with strikes, methinks.

Anyone seen much of Ray Cooper? I've only seen him fight Shields and he looked strong as fuck with good TDD but 3/4th of his losses are by submission. Does he have really strong TDD or is he going for takedowns when he shouldn't?

I feel like a lot of these first round fights will end in decision. The one with KO-potential is the Louis Taylor fight and even then, Rex Harris is one of those cookie-cutter point fighters that can make any fighter look bad. 2 round fights definitely benefit those types of fighters.

Back