PFL 10: Playoffs 3, Sat. Oct 20, 7 PM Prelims/9 PM Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

Magomedov going for the choke... Sy doing everything to fight it off.

A legitimate question is raised though, about them holding the finale on NYE. Six 5-round fights late at night means that the event if held at the standard time would definitely go into the new year, and there's no way in any universe that Americans will tune into it if it's late at night. To me that says this event won't be a primetime event, and something that can be done by 6-8 PM. It's on a Monday so it won't compete against the NFL (The regular season ends Sunday the 30th). They ran WSOF in the middle of the day on NYE, if memory serves.

Well, thank heavens for Ray Cooper

Not really a fan of fighters fighting twice in one night anymore.

just makes it weird. imo

What a transition... From Magomedov in mount to Sy having his back.

These dudes are gassed. Also taking into account all of the winners pulling out, maybe this two fights in one night thing isn't the best format in 2018.

With the clock running out. Looking like Mago will finish in sidemount and take the decision...

I have no idea why Sy didn't pull guard with that guillotine.

I have it Magomedov too much-too little

Everything sucked except Ray Cooper III

Not really a fan of fighters fighting twice in one night anymore.

just makes it weird. imo
Just the wrong fighters I think. Guys like Ray Cooper, Vinny, and Josh Copeland made it worthwhile. The Rizin tournaments with Horiguchi were terrific. These middleweights in particular are just kind of terrible.

Proper 12 on the canvas.

{<Mcgoat}

Well, at least it's over.

PFL 10 2018 Playoffs: Ray Cooper and the Infinite Sadness

that last fight was pretty good, not sure why crowd is booing, Magomedov tried everything as much as he could to get the finish

$10 Million... hope this isn't a one in done for the PFL.

I was not impressed by PFL's performance.

BKFC was better.

The start of a good movie script. The PFL officials have 2 months to find 10 million dollars that they don’t have but promised to angry MMA fighters. Betrayal, redemption and other hijinks ensue in their quest to raise the money by any means necessary before the fighters find out they’ve been had.

Back