PFL 2018 #2: Thurs. June 21, 5:40 ET Prelims/9PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion

It never ceasea to amaze me how the most retarded people on the planet always end up in comisions.

The system is systemically broken if it produces such incompetence. It needs to change. Otherwise the comission people should get shoot dead and their children raped in the streets.

giphy.gif

It never ceasea to amaze me how the most retarded people on the planet always end up in comisions.

The system is systemically broken if it produces such incompetence. It needs to change. Otherwise the comission people should be shoot dead and their children raped in the streets.
tenor.gif

Its 5 in the morning here and I'm pissed off.

This is the sort of incompetence that should be counted as criminal negligence. They are depriving human beings of their livelihood and economical prosperity.

Not to mention happiness and honor.

Will Brooks is still super boring.

Good card though, couple of BS calls by refs but overall good.

I feel like he's fighting that way to sort of make sure he gets wins. Guess few rough losses in a row hurt his confidence a bit in there.

But, I still think he has potential to do more. At his best I think he's an incredibly good fighter.

How did everyone enjoy the card? I missed the PBP thread busy with work. Kayla looked pretty good. Foster vs Nijem was ok. Was all I had time to catch tonight unfortunately.

Had to watch the replay to hear Sherdog again!!!

I

How did everyone enjoy the card? I missed the PBP thread busy with work. Kayla looked pretty good. Foster vs Nijem was ok. Was all I had time to catch tonight unfortunately.

Very fun, but a lot of crazy strangeness going on with Chicago.

There's a decent possibility that either Kawana, Wade, or Firmino will make the playoffs without winning a fight. It'll be whoever loses without getting finished.

Very fun, but a lot of crazy strangeness going on with Chicago.

i saw the High fight as well and that was some bs. Someone mentioned another incident, can you elaborate?

i saw the High fight as well and that was some bs. Someone mentioned another incident, can you elaborate?
Some other stuff included Tavares getting kicked in the balls and it counting as a TKO loss. There were also strange details, like bouts that ended between rounds which should have counted as ending at 5:00 of round 2, but that were instead counted as 0:01 of round 3. One guy broke anothers jaw with a shoulder bump, which isn't really weird in hindsight, but while watching live it's like wait, why's the ref calling off the fight?

I just remember getting stumped on various odd things throughout the night.

Last edited:
Tapology records vs Sherdog Records for Eastern European fighters.

Islam Mamedov
Tapology 14-1
Sherdog 14-2

Rashid Yusupov
Tapology 9-0
Sherdog 10-0

Bazigit Atayev
Tapology 18-1
Sherdog 17-1

And on the previous card, we had a similar issue with a lot of Eastern European fighters.

Man, those ex-USSR regions are just hard to keep track of.

I have personally sent PMs with mods informing of kickboxing fights being counted as MMA. Nothing was changed.

I also gave lists of fights that were not missing. Nothing was added.

If either had gone through, I would have pointed out there are certain fights that are more along the line of "exhibition" than professional. But if the above can't even be done, then no point in me suggesting the last which may be somewhat controversial to determine.

Last edited:
I went by Tapology on this one, which is unusual, because at a recent event like LFA or CS I found that Sherdog's fightfinder was missing a few recent events and therefore wins and losses for some guys and girls.

There's also fights that are not MMA, and fights that are exhibition. I sent PMs months ago with proofs for the former, and of missing fights. Nothing happened.

I have personally sent PMs with mods informing of kickboxing fights being counted as MMA. Nothing was changed

I'm not sure Forum mods have much contact or influence with main-site administrators. They may remain unchanged because the mods themselves can't do anything about it.

Last night was my first time watching PFL.

Love the ranking system and the ref cams.

I'm not sure Forum mods have much contact or influence with main-site administrators. They may remain unchanged because the mods themselves can't do anything about it.

No, this one was a mod from the Support section. The one you're supposed to contact for FF. Not some random mod. <LikeReally5>

No news about the Tavares and High situation?

No news about the Tavares and High situation?
Tavares is appealing, I think High probably will try too but the commission already reviewed it and upheld the ref's decision.

Good thing for High is that he will remain with the company. PFL presidents sympathized with him.

Efrain says High would have eventually tapped

Very much enjoyed this card. PFL is the most fun organization in MMA right now, and I am really enjoying the league format and the big stakes.

Back