PFL 2018 #6: Thurs. Aug 16, 7PM Prelims/10PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion

What referees do you think are good? Because whoever you name there will be someone else saying that they are horrible. I really don't take any of you guys seriously when you say this referee or that referee sucks. Pretty much none of you know what you are talking about anyway.

Josh Rosenthal
20090311081908_E80E6569.JPG

If anybody is curious I did some math and Russian fighters record in PFL tournament currently are 14-8. It will be 15 wins if you include Mamedov win via making weight (Escudero came 7 pounds over the weight limit, fight was scrapped and Mamedov received his 3 points in tournament).

Kayla Harrison is the fucking truth! All in first UFC champion with TWO Olympic golds take that Henry Cejudo.

Crazy that Velickovic's loss to Magomed was only the second unanimous decision loss of his career, with the other being to Darren Till. Every other loss was a split decision

Crazy that Velickovic's loss to Magomed was only the second unanimous decision loss of his career, with the other being to Darren Till. Every other loss was a split decision
Bojan's got 3 split decision losses, 2 majority decision losses, and 1 draw. Looks like he keeps things close, but never once had a close fight go his way.

Ray Cooper III, how impressive he has been

I am curious to see if all the training khabib has been doin with other fighters will effect his fight against conor. He cant be 100 percent focused with all this other training hes doing for eagal mma

145lbs, she walks around in the 150s fight week, she'll make 145 no problem. She's a legit B+ to A- level female athlete, which in MMA is the equivalent of A+++ level.
So now Olympic gold medalist athletes are not considered A+ level athletes? Just had to add B+/A-. We got an expert athlete grader here! Sorry, I'm not usually this sarcastic and try not to talk shit when I post but mma fans on here can be so insecure sometimes.

So now Olympic gold medalist athletes are not considered A+ level athletes? Just had to add B+/A-. We got an expert athlete grader here! Sorry, I'm not usually this sarcastic and try not to talk shit when I post but mma fans on here can be so insecure sometimes.
No most Olympic athletes are not A+, A+ implies generational talent, Harrison is good but not that good, and women’s Judo isn’t a mainstream A level sport with tons of money. In fact both Ronda and Harrison were close to going broke.

Man, so if Paul Bradley wins by finish, Ray Cooper rematches Jake Shields in the first round? Yikes...

No most Olympic athletes are not A+, A+ implies generational talent, Harrison is good but not that good, and women’s Judo isn’t a mainstream A level sport with tons of money. In fact both Ronda and Harrison were close to going broke.
I can see your point to a degree, but I just think we're too focused on it and interject it into our posts too much.

Man, so if Paul Bradley wins by finish, Ray Cooper rematches Jake Shields in the first round? Yikes...

And Nurmagamedov gets eliminated from the tournament:eek:

That's pretty crazy, but a few quick rematches are to be expected in the playoffs.

If Paul Bradley wins by decision, what determines whether he gets ranked 7th, 8th, or 9th?

screen-shot-2018-08-16-at-7-26-52-pm-png.422355

So according to number 2, Bradley would go ahead of Nurmi due to his greater number of bouts, I think? He's 23-9 while Nurmi is 14-2

So if Paul Bradley wins by decision, then he's officially eliminated since Shields and Nurmagomedov both lasted longer in their losses.

But that's points 4 and 5. Number of Fights is point 2. Shouldn't that take precedence?

EDIT: Oh, they mean "Wins and Losses" inside the PFL? The graph doesn't specify.

But that's points 4 and 5. Number of Fights is point 2. Shouldn't that take precedence?
Point 2 isn't number of fights. It's number of wins and losses. If Bradley won by decision then he, Shields, and Nurmagomedov would all be tied at 1-1.

I loved that the PFL put fresh faces on the televised portion of their card to introduce those fighters to a greater audience and not try to piggy back of name value of fighters built from fighting in the UFC and make the PFL look like some minor league or JV league. Keep pushing the Ray Cooper IIIs and the Kayla Harrisons and the Kevin Tillers and the Chris Shultes and the Lance Palmers and Andre Harrisons and others.

Back