PFL 3 2018: Thurs. July 5, 5:30 Prelims/9PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion

Legend interviewing prospect... Nice way to end the night.

Jake was the bigger guy and got bully beat downed

I'm surprised at how much Cooper was willing to mess around on the ground with Jake considering he has 3 submission losses, but I guess he did everything right and the result shows.

"I hit harder than anyone he's fought"

Dude he fought Hendo lol

Hell of a first round PFL. Great first 3 events.

All we need now is ratings.

Unreal. Shields closed as the -1400 favorite vs Cooper as the +925 underdog. It was an even bigger upset than the last fight, which as I already mentioned, was a bigger betting upset than Serra over GSP. It's as big of an upset as Holly knocking out Rousey.

giphy.gif

Te original Red Panty Night!

Great fights tonight. PFL has lots of potential. Hopefully they get the viewership they need to stick around.

Finished in 17th place on tapology after all that. Cool.

52572-1444261.png

Great fights tonight. PFL has lots of potential. Hopefully they get the viewership they need to stick around.

We gotta be in ti to win it. Fans are complacent, we have no one but ourselves to blame for the product in part.

Jake was made to show his era. It really is the most distinguishing factor a few samples aside. Not like we didn't know this, but trickle down talent is the measuring stick.

Jake Shield and Nurmagomedov currently out of the playoffs. They need to make their next performance count on August 16th or August 31 if they want to continue.

Jake Shield and Nurmagomedov currently out of the playoffs. They need to make their next performance count on August 16th or August 31.
Heavyweights incoming!

giphy.gif

MMA is a young man's game. Time to retire shields. Mad respect. Great career.

MMA is a young man's game. Time to retire shields. Mad respect. Great career.

Na MMA is a league and audience game as are any successful combat sport. Shelf life is relative to fan base and consumption. Plenty more more to be made for Jake and affiliates in the right org.

Very fun card with two huge upsets in the co-main and main events. Can't wait for the next card.

Back